...like clockwork. Queens of the stone age.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The link isn't working for me for some reason.

I've heard only one live leaked track that I thought was "meh", but everything else I've heard from this album has been fantastic. Album will own.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
These videos are awesome. The one for "Keep Your Eyes Peeled" looks like a scene lifted out of a Borderlands game.

Thanks for the heads up on the leak. Listening right now.
After listening to Smooth Sailing, I almost though some long lost Eagles of Death Metal track had sneaked into my ears, it certainly has a Jesse Hughes vibe to it.
I also love The Vampyre Of Time and Memory. I really like the more subdued QOTSA tracks (Running Joke, In The Fade).

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I also love The Vampyre Of Time and Memory. I really like the more subdued QOTSA tracks (Running Joke,In The Fade).
Maybe my favorite QOTSA track. Dat groove. Really looking forward to listening to this.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Still listening to it for the first time, but so far it's a fuckload better than Era Vulgaris.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Still listening to it for the first time, but so far it's a fuckload better than Era Vulgaris.
Id have to disagree with only my opinion. This album has some songs, but respectfully I like the "faster" QOTSA catalog. I can only really pick out 4-5 tracks on this album that are worth hearing, everything else sounds like a slow room dancing session.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've listened to it once, but based on that listen I'm inclined to agree with Drinsic. I like Era Vulgaris, but the songs on this album are better.

Pontius_sl

shitlord
It's a great evolution, opinions/assholes etc, hard to discuss music, but to me this is Homme growing and telling the tale of his near death experience. It has this gloomy feeling over it, and alot of 70's prog influences. I like it a lot.

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
I prefer their faster work as well, but this album has that melancholic feel with a side of creepy, the creepy gets amplified by the clips on the site. Wich are fucking awesome the way the 4 songs intertwine and the clips keep looping into infinity.

Right now i am pleasantly surprised by smooth sailing with jake shears...excellent duet with a blues/rock feel wich made me think of led zeppelin. Trent reznor's influence is very much there, so is a them crooked vultures influence.
Keep your eyes peeled is a pretty strange song, as is kalopsia, keep your eyes peeled does introduce you to the vibe of the album, but my wife gets the chills listening to that song.

The ballads are really impressive. I sat by the ocean and if i ad a tail sound the most mainstream, and feel a bit out of place on te album.

All in all it's a great album, definitely QoTSA as you have to sit down and listen the album a few times and let it sink in...this, my fiends is how a band sounds that didn't phone it in for a Paycheck.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This album is top notch. I don't think it's better than Rated R, but I am willing to say it's on par with Songs for the Deaf. Now give us a Them Crooked Vultures album.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I remember reading something within the past few months that said they were back in the studio sometime this year to record another album for Them Crooked Vultures.