Lineage 2: Revolution

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So this game is coming out to NA tomorrow, any thoughts?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played it a bit last night, if you can call it auto-questing / auto-combat playing. The game looks like ass, imo, but I can't find a way to make either of the emulators I've used (Nox / Bluestacks) to think my PC supports Vulkan (best graphic quality requires Vulkan support).

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
This is the number 3 game on Twitch right now. Pretty much all sponsored streams. They are spending seriously money advertising this game. Is it any good?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So it seems 'alright' but I just can't do a twinstick control scheme using touch screen. In an odd way, it's too complicated. There is almost too much going on.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm playing this on Windawood01; the controls have full WASD / Numbered ability hotkeys whenever I sync my phone up with my PC via Sidesync, it's actually quite fantastic in that aspect.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So basically play this mobile game on your PC?

One of the paid shills on youtube even said that he was using a PC emulator lol.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, once we get an updated game client, an emulator like Bluestacks will be able to use the highest settings which require Vulkan support, and that will make the game look better than it does now (its not as bad as I first thought). Brings back a lot of memories of L2 on the PC way back in '04.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn, Netmarble is spending money on getting this game streamed by Lirik and many others.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I "played" this to I think 17 now. Starting to feel the "you should buy a better weapon" stage already.

Also I merged my nm account and got the first batch of gems, didn't get my next batch even though you're supposed to get a giant pile at level 11.

Oh well.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I "played" this to I think 17 now. Starting to feel the "you should buy a better weapon" stage already.

Also I merged my nm account and got the first batch of gems, didn't get my next batch even though you're supposed to get a giant pile at level 11.

Oh well.
If you did the pre-reg, just roll a character on every server until you score an R or SR grade weapon, makes a huge difference. You did the pre-reg if when you create a character, you get 1200 red diamonds among the other goodies.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How similar is this to the PC Lineage 2? eg PvP, grindfest etc
It is a mobile, up-to-date version of L2; so it is grindy, and open world pvp. There is a main quest line that will give you a chunk of XP, usually enough for one level, then you need to grind out 2+ more lvls before the main quest kicks in again. There are systems within the game that helps with xp, so its not too bad until 50+.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is this worth playing? I heard it just plays itself.
I like it so far. You can set your character to auto-kill if you want, and the works great for most content I've seen (at 45 now), but you have to actively play the harder content, or if you want to be really efficient (about positioning).

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
The game looks great on an actual iPad but no so great when running on Bluestacks (for now). The game really caters to playing on an emulator though since it's basically a built in bot that plays for you 24/7.

I'm level 40 but still really a newb at the game. Even with the slow unlocking system you are still bombarded with all sorts of currencies and upgrade items from the start which is a bit overwhelming. It may be partialy a side effect of the pre-order bonus but from the start I was already in grade B/A gear. There are no unique item drops yet. Just the same 2 gear sets. Other than the class change quest at 31 quest rewards and item drops are never exiting. Just mass trash drops to melt and level up gear. The blue background items are what may be exiting drops but it seems like this won't be to frequent at least until lvl 60+. So in general there have been no exciting carrot on a stick events item wise from progression so far.

There are a variety of activities for progression but so far very limited content that can't be done outside of auto attack. The limited daily activities are a great source of XP compared to grinding. I think grinding is more about collecting the cores which give you permanent stat boosts. There are basically hell level dead zones where you have to either grind or just wait each day for new daily quests,

There are a few bosses to actively dodge attacks from, otherwise its just kite in circles waiting for heal pot refreshes so far. So far the combat is not engaging at all yet. I'll play it a few more weeks to see where it ends up and its an easy game to just run on the side and auto fight stuff.

jipjipjip

Trakanon Raider
Is this worth playing? I heard it just plays itself.
From what I understand it kind of plays itself for the first half of the game.
The idea being that you learn the systems of the game, as it kills the easy shit for you.
Apparently the end game isn't something you can just auto all the time, the pvp sieges and pve shit needs actual team work.
I'm going to give it a go, though I am going to keep a pretty tight grip on my wallet. Currently level 33.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some tips:

Join a Clan (lvl4+): This will help you so much. AFK farm mobs that drop Proof of Bloods, which you donate to the Clan and get Coins. Use the Coins to buy XP (15 Coins for @2%, 70 Coins for @33%). A high enough Clan can also use a Fireplace in the Clan Hall which will give a huge amount of XP in about a 30min period, the more people around, the more XP you get per tick.

Pay attention to the Public channel for people using Boss / Rares summoning crystals. These instances last for 30min, with a Boss that will always drop its Core, after the boss is dead, there will be 15 waves of adds, these have a high chance at dropping the same Cores. Focus on Bosses / Rares which add to your P. Atk / M. Atk or Crit (check in the Codex). Easy way of getting Cores (much much more rare to just farm normal mobs).

Gear: Save any A Grade gear you get and lvl it up, even if you're not using it (but only stuff you can use). When you can, Combine two A's into S, by doing this you have a chance at getting a "rare" version of that gear. Do the same for S Grade gears; but only Upgrade whatever R Grade gear you have. This is what you'll be doing at high levels.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tol

Trakanon Raider
I'm Tolain on Windawood1, 40 paladin. It's fun; a lot of the game is just idling but the parts where you pay attention (pvp, etc) are cool. I basically autoplay a bunch of shit while at work and then do more focus intensive stuff when I have time to pay attention to it. It's like a glorified mmo idler with pvp and world bosses