Lineage Eternal

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Oloh_sl

shitlord
Official Korean Site
Post Last Updated: 2-27-2015

I know most folks here aren't fans of Korean MMOs, but Lineage Eternal is looking to do some cool stuff mechanically (like drawing AoE coverage with your mouse instead of using a targeting template). I'll typically dig up a Korean account for major titles so will have information a little sooner than most. From what I have read, Lineage Eternal is a MMO, but gets back to Lineage 1's (similar to Ultima Online) style of gameplay, rather than continuing down the path that Lineage 2 (more EQ like) went. Looks like Diablo style gameplay. I'll try to keep this updated as stuff comes in for those that are interested.

Release Date Information

There are no confirmed release dates. Lineage Eternal was originally reported in G*Star 2014 to be a worldwide release, but interviews since that have cast doubt on whether that will actually happen. On February 13, 2015, NCSoft Korea announced that a global version of the game (i.e. available in English) will be available forClosed Beta testing in the second half of 2015. They didn't reveal the detailed date. But, they said the game will launch the several times ofAlpha testing in Korea at first in the first half of 2015.

G*Star Trailers(November 2011 & 2014)

These videos are the most significant sources of information out there about Lineage Eternal.

Proposed Features

General
-Open World MMORPG with Diablo III style combat.
-Supports 500 Players in one area
-Showed Overland Town with various players hanging out
-Unique Skill Activation System (i.e. you "paint" a wall of fire with the cursor instead of having a predefined template)
-Simplified Controls for MMORPG (click to move, showed skill trees with 8 abilities)
-Mobile Game Support Using Cloud Connect Features (playable on an ipad now, but rumored to be laggy)

Classes
-Announced Classes: Assassin, Guardian Knight, Spirit Archer, Invoker (CBT will have a minimum of 5 classes)

PvE Content
-Generic Questing System Removed (no ! over NPC heads)
-Field Event Quests like Guild Wars 2 with event contribution and loot available for solo participants
-World/Raid Bosses requiring 20+ players to kill
-Randomized Dungeons (see video below for how they are doing it)
-Dynamic Dungeons (see the lvl 1-3 walkthrough below for an example)

PvP Content
-PK/PvP Available
-PvP Arena
-Castle Sieges specifically mentioned

Additional Good Videos to Watch

Random Dungeons

Level 1-3 Intro (really good, imo):

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
I liked the game play video that I saw (last year?) but it's not the kind of game I'd be investing time on. It didn't feel like an "MMO" to me though. God I can't wait for Lineage 3
frown.png

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Give me an MMO that's fun to play from scratch and isn't race to max then play the 'Elder Game'. And whoever came up with the phrase Elder Game as well as anyone who uses that phrase should be crucified.

Every decent memory of MMOs I have from the last 15 years has precisely two things to do with 'Elder Game' - jack and shit.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
At this point I'm more interested in the journey or ZOC PVP. The more sand box the better and player crafted economy. I'm sure I'll pick this up though at some point since I'm a sucker for MMO's and they come so infrequently. Enjoyed Tera for what it was and AION live was a bit too much of a grind for me but botted it out like the rest of the world.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
Just updated the release date for this. In a recent investor meeting, NCSoft said they will finalize beta plans at the end of this year. Release is still estimated in Korea to be late 2014. NC Soft didnt participate in GStar this year, so no new information on Lineage Eternal was released. At this point, this is the only MMO that I am looking forward to, so I'll keep this post updated as new information comes in. It should start flowing in soon.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll give it a go when it comes out. The Lineage franchise is pretty good imo and I still play them occasionally. More interesting than the usual Korean grinders.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I remember the day I quit the Korean MMO grind. Our guild was trying to get into Lineage 2 because we love PVP, and while duoing with my long time MMO friend he says: "Just 100ish more bats to kill and we level!" And he sounded seriously enthused. I never picked up my pre-order copy :p

It will be interesting to see how/if they change the formula up with this one :p

Oloh_sl

shitlord
Looks like diablo 3, not an mmo.
It's an MMO, but with Diablo style hack and slash combat. It is supposedly being designed to be the spiritual successor to Lineage 1, which still rates as the most played Korean MMO 15 years after its release. Lineage III (different than lineage eternal) will be the successor in style and feel to Lineage II.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Looks awesome but how are they going to show elven upskirt panty shots with that camera angle?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There was nothing EQ-like about Lineage2.

As Flight said, unless it's fun from level 1, leave me alone. I am not in the mood anymore to level for a few hundred hours before I actually have fun.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Dead game or this is still alive, i can't find anything on the interweb ?
If you look a few posts up, you'd find out it's not even in beta yet, but will be this month, in korea, with a planned release of late 2014. So it won't be "alive" over here until 2015 at best.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
From what I understand, NC Soft doesn't like hyping more than one MMO at a time. Its Wildstar's time now, which was delayed. That pushed info about Lineage Eternal out a bit. But yeah, game is alive and hasn't been delayed per the investor update call in Oct.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
If you think about it, this is what they were after with Lineage 1. It was basically a really bad tile based, mass multiplayer Diablo 1 clone.

They're finally realizing their dream. Good for them.