Liquor - What you drinking

I searched didn't see anything.

I have been trying out new and different brands of liquor.

Mostly like clears atm, was a dark guy in younger years.

The tastiest vodka i have come across so far is this cheap shit.
Qw4DKA4.jpg

Today the small owner run store told me about this rum. Made near the Bacardi farms, but it is what all the local population drinks. Least according to him. And wow is it smooth and tasty.

NgrMiqJ.jpg

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
It does go well with Jack, ice, and a slice of lime.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Monopolowa is great potato vodka, especially for the price. For more traditional I'm still 100% Tito's and Deep Eddy. There is a more local brand called Smithworks I also like and then a really local distillery called Brandon's. Cooranbong is pretty good grape vodka, Bombora isn't bad either. I like both better than Ciroc.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
rum_app11.jpg

I think of this as an "adult rum" in contrast to Capt Morgan or Sailor Jerry which to me are 'kids rum". I have and will drink any of the 3.

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I cannot get anyone to drink this with me, I guess it is an acquired taste. Its cheap and goes so well with coke on a hot day. Perfect for parties, the bottle doesn't vanish.

Cruzan_Black_Strap.jpg

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
That sounds strange for a hot day. I like dark rum and Barritts Ginger Beer for a Dark and Stormy in the Fall when it is thunder storming here.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I drink way too much and have been trying to stop.

But when I am drinking lately I try to save some cash.

If I dont care on cost, ill buy a Liter of Jim Beam and some low cal Simply Lemonade. ohhhhhhh sooo tasty. Will kill the bottle in 2 nights it is so good. heart burn city and mad sugar so tread lightly.

Ive been getting into Gin lately and found that New Amsterdam is actually a good and smooth gin, at a great cost. here in Buffalo I can nab a 1.75 for like 22 bucks. Use my sodastream to make carbonated water, and will top off with a small amount of OJ or Lime juice....or sometimes cran juice for gin fiz type drinks.

if I want to get housed like a mad man, gatorade and CHEAP bourbon. Like Ezra Brooks.

TqHy6o5.jpg

Just picked myself up some new vodka to try out. Old lady at counter called me smart as i actually read the label and knew it was distilled 10 times.

Anyways this is smooth and refined. No rubbing alcohol smell or burn.

• 1Like
Monopolowa is great potato vodka, especially for the price. For more traditional I'm still 100% Tito's and Deep Eddy. There is a more local brand called Smithworks I also like and then a really local distillery called Brandon's. Cooranbong is pretty good grape vodka, Bombora isn't bad either. I like both better than Ciroc.

Ha, just got back to the thread and see I went with your rec without even knowing. I agree the Deep Eddy is great. Next vodka i buy will be titos though. Had a hard time deciding today.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I prefer clear liquors too. My main drink is patron silver. The guys are specs tend to be very knowledgeable and they've recommended a couple that were comparable and I think they only steered me wrong once. Seems like Don Julio was good despite not being a silver. I can't recall the other names. I've also had some good moonshines and some bad. The one illegal moonshine I had was very good, it was also the only drink I've had that would catch fire. The only good legal moonshine I found was in texas, it's called Fitch's Goat. Looks like it's not widely distributed. If it was actually any better than Patron, I'd try to find them on the web and see if they ship. But it's not worth the trouble.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Ive been getting into Gin lately and found that New Amsterdam is actually a good and smooth gin, at a great cost. here in Buffalo I can nab a 1.75 for like 22 bucks. Use my sodastream to make carbonated water, and will top off with a small amount of OJ or Lime juice....or sometimes cran juice for gin fiz type drinks.

New Amsterdam is probably the best cheap gin you can buy. Any snobby cocktail bar uses that as their well gin instead of Beefeater trash.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Their Vodka is decent too. Though if I'm going on the cheap side I like svedka.

I probably sound like a bargain drunk, but it doesn't take a genius to buy grey goose. People know the good shit, finding the medium to low end gems are where it's at in these types of threads.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I am going out this evening and want suggestions on drinks as I will be drinking. It is not a fancy bar so there are bartenders and not mixologists:
And GO:

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am going out this evening and want suggestions on drinks as I will be drinking. It is not a fancy bar so there are bartenders and not mixologists:
And GO:

I like Moscow Mules if I get stuck at a place that won't give me a decent goddamn beer. :)

Or, since sweet tea vodka is popular now, you can ask for a John Daly. Sweet tea vodka and lemonade. If Arnold Palmer was a lush.

• 1Like