Living in Eastern Europe on a Budget

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
I installed a repack from the pirates, and I have a sort of mod manager included, with Longest War 2 already installed. I also downloaded some mods from nexusmods, and they work too. The only issue is that i want to play Musashis RPG Overhaul and I cant find it anywhere, except on the Steam Workshop. And I cant install it from there, I dont think it will work with my non legit version of the game.
So is there any place where I could find that mod ?

• 3Seriously?
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Denaut

Trump's Staff
I installed a repack from the pirates, and I have a sort of mod manager included, with Longest War 2 already installed. I also downloaded some mods from nexusmods, and they work too. The only issue is that i want to play Musashis RPG Overhaul and I cant find it anywhere, except on the Steam Workshop. And I cant install it from there, I dont think it will work with my non legit version of the game.
So is there any place where I could find that mod ?

Just buy the game you freeloading fuck

• 8Solidarity
  • 5Worf
  • 5Like
Reactions: 18 users

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Come on. You just presumed that i live in the US or Western Europe and, while i have tons of disposable income and I could afford to buy this game, I just dont because i am a freeloading fuck ?
Well, let me ask you something, X-Com 2 Collection is 33,25 Euros right now, at 73 percent discount. That is 10 percent of my income, income that is 100 percent necessary, does not have a cent that is ”disposable”. That means if i buy this game now, I don't eat three days.

Now, what percent of your income does 33,25 Euros make ?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Potato
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 3 users

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
10 percent of your weekly income obviously not yearly since you said it would only mean you don't eat for three days. How long did you have to save to buy a PC or console to play this? If you can purchase either of those then sorry I call bullshit because either would cost you 50% or more of your salary.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Come on. You just presumed that i live in the US or Western Europe and, while i have tons of disposable income and I could afford to buy this game, I just dont because i am a freeloading fuck ?
Well, let me ask you something, X-Com 2 Collection is 33,25 Euros right now, at 73 percent discount. That is 10 percent of my income, income that is 100 percent necessary, does not have a cent that is ”disposable”. That means if i buy this game now, I don't eat three days.

Stop being a commie faggot and pay people for their hard work.

If you are too poor and/or living in too much of a shit-hole to participate in the glorious enterprise of market capitalism I advise trying to remedy that before wasting time with other people's stolen work.

• 4Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 4 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

What the fuck? Did UNICEF publish this game or something?

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
10 percent of the monthly income. I bought a second hand upgrade for my PC (motherboard, processor and rams for 100 Euros) . I saved for one year in order to buy those. The game barely works, minimal settings, but it works. But sure, it is my fault that I am too poor and/or living in too much of a shit-hole to participate in the glorious enterprise of market capitalism and it is my fault that I don't just snap my fingers and remedy that.
No, it's your fault that you act indignant and entitled because of your economic situation. Maybe you should brainstorm some solutions that don't involve theft OR thicken your skin and accept the criticism/character judgements that go along with that solution.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

I'm not going to call you a freeloading fuck, but if that's your financial situation, I very seriously recommend that you stop playing games. If your financial situation is so precarious that buying a game means you don't eat for 3 days, I sincerely recommend that you spend 100% of your time thinking about and working towards bettering your economic outlook. I say this as your forum friend.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Thank you kindly, Raes. Glad to see there are still decent people on this forum.

Bandwagon, I didn't acted indignant, nor entitled. I am just disgusted how easily Denaut Denaut just jumped to this conclusion.

Arden Arden , thank you. It is funny in a sad way, but the thing is we are all like that. The vast majority of the people who live in poor countries starve even if they don't buy videogames. I do not starve if I am very careful with the money, just that at the end of the month, the balance is zero. And I am not the exception, I am the rule. This is the overpowering reality of poverty. Anyway, I don't want to give people who have no ideea how it is to live in a poor country anymore reasons to preach to me about how I am a entitled and indignant thief, so I will not respond anymore in this thread. Thank you.

• 2EyeRoll
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Dislike

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
If you don't mind answering, where the hell do you live? Like what country, I don't need your address.

I ask this as a person who knows full well things are totally different outside America and/or western Europe, but precisely how they differ sometimes eludes me. Like I'm trying to wrap my head around PC, internet access, playing modern vidya, and possibly starving for 3 days if you actually purchase a game on sale.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Example: Tell Utnayan Utnayan that you'll send him pics of your sister's nipples if he buys you XCOM

Just wait until after the 18th though. My wife and I are hanging out with this dude in the southern carribean until then!

14BD19D0-6A4D-4C3D-86FF-1F27C5D28E10.jpeg

• 2Worf
  • 1Smuggly

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
10 percent of the monthly income. I bought a second hand upgrade for my PC (motherboard, processor and rams for 100 Euros) . I saved for one year in order to buy those. The game barely works, minimal settings, but it works. But sure, it is my fault that I am too poor and/or living in too much of a shit-hole to participate in the glorious enterprise of market capitalism and it is my fault that I don't just snap my fingers and remedy that.

Did the pirate thing when I was young and broke. But I hated having to do that, and really didn't like the "karma" (overused but correct). As soon as my income jumped I went back a bought all the stuff I originally lifted. It wasn't cheap. Games weren't too bad but Photoshop and 3d Studio (before max) hurt even with the new income.

Do what you gotta do, but try to get out of it. Good luck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Alright, Ill try to answer for Seananigans Seananigans , but I will spoiler so that people that are not interested in the topic can easily skip it.

Here is precisely how things differ in my country. I live in Romania, in a small town.

The minimum wage in Romania is 407,45 Euros a month, before taxes. Taxes are 35 percent of that amount. The net income for a minimum wage is 264 Euros a month. I make a little more than that, I have 289 Euros a month net income. But now comes the most interesting part:
About 46% of the employees in Romania are paid the minimum wage. Added link for reference.
Almost half of employees in Romania earn the minimum wage | Romania Insider

But wait, it gets worse. That 46 percent is the national average. In small cities, the minimum wage jobs represent a much higher percentage than that, because the distribution from the big cities influences the average. In towns the size of my town, it is more like 70%. Seven people in ten make minimum wage.

Do you know what is the highest percentage of people earning minimum wage by state in USA ?
Kentucky, with four point four percent.

Now, the prices of the bare minimum for survival are calibrated by the market for this minimum wage, sometimes in strange ways. For example, Internet and cable subscription costs 3 euros a month. In total, not each. Food, utilities, etc, they all fit in 289 Euros a month, but only if I am extremely careful and ration everything. And at the end of the month, zero cents in the bank account.
But there are some classes of products and services i just cannot afford, because the prices are calibrated for Western Europe and USA incomes. And 46 % of the people in my country cannot afford them. Let me just name a few:

A 1000 Euros computer ? Never. I saved one year for a second hand 5 year old partial upgrade. My monitor is 9 years old. My TV is 11 years old. Bought second hand of course.

A 2000 euros vacation in a foreign country ? Never in the lifetime of 46 percent of Romanians.
Last time I went to the cinema was like 4 years ago, and a movie ticket is just 2 euros.

I don't want to sound like I am whining, I am just presenting the reality of poverty. Our poor people are in a worse state of poverty than the USA poor people. A poor person in the USA makes what ? 7 USD per HOUR minimum wage ? And our poor people are 46 percent of the population.
It is true, I have the misfortune to be closer to that 46 percent of the population than to the 16 percent of Romanians that earn monthly the amazing net sum of 455 Euros per month. I am entirely to blame for that, made the wrong choices, etc... But when in USA the chances that you will end up on minimum wage are 4 percent and in Romania are 46 percent, I would say the odds were stacked against me.

Thank you for reading.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i am in no way condoning theft.

that being said, people politely point out when movies are available to torrent and no one bats an eye. first of all pirating things and believing people should be paid for their hard work isn't mutually exclusive. also, whether you pirate things or not, by this time in your life you aren't likely going to be argued into a different camp. it's a lot like telling someone who smokes "hey, you know that stuff will kill you, right?" and expecting them to thank you

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Denaut

Trump's Staff
I am just disgusted how easily Denaut Denaut just jumped to this conclusion.

You mean as a game developer that derives my living off selling the fruits of my labor I am disgusting for wanting compensation for my work? How about you fuck right off. "Downloads" are not something the government let's me pay taxes in, nor the bank accepts as mortgage payments. And if that wasn't bad enough they aren't terribly nutritious.

I don't expect you to mop jizz for free at your job, so I expect the same consideration in return. You can take that "boo hoo I'm poor" attitude and shove it right up your ass. I've worked on enough "free to play" mobile games to see the data on how much poor developing countries (including Romania) blow on worthless non-games for nothing but spreadsheet numbers in return, so when someone from one of those places steals a real game that is more than worth its price I see right through that bullshit.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Lets say you are immensely rich, lets say you have 200 billion dollars and you watch a movie that you bought on your laptop. I sit behind you and I watch that movie too on your screen. And you get all riled up and curse me for being a freeloading fuck. I politely explain that I am poor because I come from a country where not being poor is just a 16% chance. And you tell me to take that "boo hoo I'm poor" attitude and shove it right up my ass . This is what is disgusting and unfair.

• 2Salty
  • 2Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Go work in western Europe like everyone else. Lay tiles, drive a forklift, clean shitters if you have to. You'd make 4-5 times what you do now if not more. Minimum wage in NL is 1600/month.

Seriously every minimum wage job is being done by people from Eastern Europe these days, even my local supermarket has Polish checkout girls now.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Go work in western Europe like everyone else. Lay tiles, drive a forklift, clean shitters if you have to. You'd make 4-5 times what you do now if not more. Minimum wage in NL is 1600/month.

Seriously every minimum wage job is being done by people from Eastern Europe these days, even my local supermarket has Polish checkout girls now.

sounds like a good plan. how should he get there?

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Yes, Lambourne Lambourne , and it is more tragic than that in Romania. Because 46% of the Romanians have 264 Euros minimum wage and 16 % have high wages of 455 Euros, everyone in between has salaries that are higher than the minimum wage, but the difference is minimal.
First of all, a lot of jobs are pushed right to the minimum wage, jobs that are not payed as such in Western Europe.
There are profession that are payed more than the minimum wage, but the difference in pay is less than 30 Euros per month, less than the price of a freaking Xcom game collection.

A primary school teacher has minimum wage in Romania.
A high-school teacher has a salary with 20 Euros higher than the minimum wage. And must be university graduates, with masers degrees.
I know teachers are not well payed anywhere, but they are not payed just 20 euros above minimum wage.
University teachers, with doctorates earned in Western Europe Universities, earn a whooping double the minimum wage, but that is just 264 Euros more than the minimum wage.

The sound engineers at the company I work for earn minimum wage. Janitors are payed bellow the minimum wage because they are not hired with work contracts.
Telemarketers, minimum wage.

An accountant in Romania, during the first five years gains like 50 euros above the minimum wage. A buyer that works in the procurement office at Celestica, an multinational company that opened a factory in my town, earns 25 euros above minimum wage. And Celestica has a net worth of 1 point 3 bilion dollars. The factory workers that work in the Celestica factory from my town earn... you guessed it.. minimum wage.

Edit... Yes, sorry, Utnayan Utnayan , I will stop now and I will no longer reply to this thread. Thank to those that had kind words for me.

• 2Like