Living in Eastern Europe on a Budget

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Romanian prostitutes make min wage too? I know where Johnny is retiring to

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Whatever the reasons for him doing it, he's a dude just trying to find some entertainment through gaming like the rest of us. Shoot the dude your extra humble bundle keys and shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
wamphyr wamphyr pirate away, dude. I pirated thousands of movies, albums, shows, comics, games in college and still would if I was on that same budget. And that budget wasn't nearly as strict as yours, so tell anyone giving you shit over it to fuck right off.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
should pirate a coding book and learn to code imo

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've been to Eastern Europe, everything is dirt cheap there. Your wages may be lower but so are your costs.

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Way to hijack part of my thread title jackass. It's probably the only thread I'll ever been remembered for on this forum. Get wrecked fgt.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
as long as you pirate and acknowledge that what you're doing is a shitty move, then pirate away.

the FAULT comes in the piracy justification. "i'm too poor, i have to pirate, or i don't eat", once you try to justify theft, it's just silly, cuz you can easily steal 3 days worth of food from the grocery store as well.

piracy= theft, make no qualms about it, however, it's just a different degree of theft and ease at which you're thiefing.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
By definition it isn't theft, it's copyright infringement. Stealing food from a grocery store is taking a physical property from the owners. Piracy does nothing of the sort. You can argue the ethical aspects of it until the cows come home, but it isn't theft.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't nor does anyone work for free. Nothing you say and no matter how shitty and poor your life is, excuses this. Why did you spend half a year's salary on a computer was it solely to commit theft? If so priorities mate and fuck you for trying to spin something like its ok for you to steal. If you sit behind me watching a movie on my laptop/tablet I paid for over my shoulder and i don't know or you didn't ask you are fucking a right its going to be an issue. It is also going to be some creepy shit. If you can save up for a pc/console for untold months then you can wait and save up for a sale on Xcom 2.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
By definition it isn't theft, it's copyright infringement. Stealing food from a grocery store is taking a physical property from the owners. Piracy does nothing of the sort. You can argue the ethical aspects of it until the cows come home, but it isn't theft.
its just word semantics to make crime less offensive and more forgivable. i didnt steal that car, i was receiving stolen property. i didnt steal your entire IP, i just infringed on your copyright. Lanx is right, people need to stop making excuses and just admit, yes i wanted to do this, so i took it.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
its just word semantics to make crime less offensive and more forgivable. i didnt steal that car, i was receiving stolen property. i didnt steal your entire IP, i just infringed on your copyright. Lanx is right, people need to stop making excuses and just admit, yes i wanted to do this, so i took it.

It's not semantics. And your car analogy doesn't work as the car would have to be 3d printed or something before receiving it. It also isn't about excusing anything. It's about correcting incorrect usage of words that don't apply, which carry specific connotations with them.

Intentionally ignoring the meaning of words to push an opinion is a source of ignorance and misinformation.

That people such as yourself and Lanx get so caught up on the need for it to contain the weight and value of "theft" for it to be a negative thing is your own hangup. Don't expect others to follow behind your error in order to make yourself feel better about it.

• 4Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Rapefugee your way through living in eastern EU, like all the others. They'll pay you for it. Serious $$. All the white women you can eat. Take their money after the raping, buy games.
I mean...that's how they do it right now after all.

This is a weird thread.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Rapefugee your way through living in eastern EU, like all the others. They'll pay you for it. Serious $$. All the white women you can eat. Take their money after the raping, buy games.
I mean...that's how they do it right now after all.

This is a weird thread.

He's Romanian which means he's white. In other words: He has the wrong skin colour for this to be considered acceptable.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
He's Romanian which means he's white. In other words: He has the wrong skin colour for this to be considered acceptable.

Ohhh.
Had no idea. Well, that's all I got. Make friends with the rapefugee and take thier money? Bjs for $$?

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Always cracked up at that stupid fucking "YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A CAR" advert that used to plague movie previews. You fucking kidding me? If it was as easy as torrenting a goddamn album you bet your ass I'd be downloading cars.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's not semantics. And your car analogy doesn't work as the car would have to be 3d printed or something before receiving it. It also isn't about excusing anything. It's about correcting incorrect usage of words that don't apply, which carry specific connotations with them.

Intentionally ignoring the meaning of words to push an opinion is a source of ignorance and misinformation.

That people such as yourself and Lanx get so caught up on the need for it to contain the weight and value of "theft" for it to be a negative thing is your own hangup. Don't expect others to follow behind your error in order to make yourself feel better about it.
i'm not judging, i dont think Lanx is either. just call a spade a spade.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Not sure what rent and stuff is out there but there are tons of places in the US where minimum wage isn't getting you necessities.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
i'm not judging, i dont think Lanx is either. just call a spade a spade.

No, what you're doing is calling a spade a shovel, and using the weight of the word 'shovel' to impact your message.

To put it in terms that you might appreciate a little more: It's the exact same mentality that modern liberals are using to influence peoples emotions through lying in order to advance their goals. Flirting on a woman that doesn't want you to? That's really rape. You voice criticism of people who are a different colour? That's racism and you're a Nazi. Why do they do these things? Because words carry weight to them that are not intrinsic to their actual definition and they know that it makes people pay attention more.

Copyright infringement is wrong. Theft is wrong. You don't need to confuse the two in order for the act to be wrong or voice your dislike of it.

Most people don't need or want to separate the two, but to me the act of physically taking something from someone else holds more weight than copying something they do. By confusing the two you actually devalue the importance of theft.

• 4Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No, what you're doing is calling a spade a shovel, and using the weight of the word 'shovel' to impact your message.

To put it in terms that you might appreciate a little more: It's the exact same mentality that modern liberals are using to influence peoples emotions through lying in order to advance their goals. Flirting on a woman that doesn't want you to? That's really rape. You voice criticism of people who are a different colour? That's racism and you're a Nazi. Why do they do these things? Because words carry weight to them that are not intrinsic to their actual definition and they know that it makes people pay attention more.

Copyright infringement is wrong. Theft is wrong. You don't need to confuse the two in order for the act to be wrong or voice your dislike of it.

Most people don't need or want to separate the two, but to me the act of physically taking something from someone else holds more weight than copying something they do. By confusing the two you actually devalue the importance of theft.
whatever, i dont care, infringe all the copyright you want. i do it for movies whenever i feel like it. but i dont sugar coat what i'm doing.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
whatever, i dont care, infringe all the copyright you want. i do it for movies whenever i feel like it. but i dont sugar coat what i'm doing.
i think you do it for the tv shows
w=414,h=303,crop=auto

enhanced-buzz-30961-1332788382-100-e1335064215106.jpg

• 1Like