Loadout

Defiance

<Bronze Donator>

F2P Quake style mayhem - All weapon/eq pieces are earned by playing. The store sells vanity stuff and leveling boosts. It's on steam and its delicious. Check it out!

P.s: The servers are getting hammered so some stuff is on/off periodically (friends list/premade invites). If you switch to aussie/eu servers you can probably get the friend list working.

http://www.loadout.com

http://store.steampowered.com/app/208090/

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Played the shit out of this game in beta, weapon balance was a big problem. Made this 1k rounds a min machine gun that shot giant spiked balls with a massive clip. If that didn't kill you I would switch to my one shot rocket launcher with a gigantic splash radius.

Good times.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Game is a fucking hoot so far. Matchmaking leaves something to be desired though. Feels pretty shitty to be in your first 1-5 games with no real ability to customize weapons fighting people that have apparently everything unlocked.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Yeah, having a blast. High capacity mags seem a must, too many times I got blasted during a reload.

Would be fun to get a Rerolled people game going.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Downloaded it, lookes awsome, matchmaking doesn't work. Tried EU and US servers both with green ping. Everytime it found a match it just said "error press F7 to report".

Salshun_sl

shitlord
One more thing with regards to Weaponcrafting vs. Tech Tree. I have stuff available in my build options, yet tech tree is acting like I still need to unlock it for blues. The eff?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Been having a ton of success with a 3-round burst tesla rifle and a healing projectile scatter gun with bouncing bullets. Rifle puts out good damage and has decent range, and the bouncing healing scatter just like autowins the capture the flag mode.

If you can get the friend thing to work find DogSolitude and we'll make some murder happen.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah this game is pretty sweet. I dig the unlock/upgrade progression system. Only thing I would change is wtf, 3rd person? Gimme 1st please.

How does Warframe compare to this?

Sulrn

Deuces
Game is good for dicking around for an hour or two, but between wonky hit detection/blast radii and weapon projectiles not always registering, I'm glad the game is F2P and I didn't waste any money on it. They definitely oversold the # of combinations you can make with weapons as well. Sure there are multiple items, but not all of them are going to be chosen because they're just plain bad.

Animation is a more looney toons with guns than TF2. Definitely worth trying, but after a few matches it just left me wanting to swap over to BF4.

Weaponsfree_sl

shitlord
Game is good for dicking around for an hour or two, but between wonky hit detection/blast radii and weapon projectiles not always registering, I'm glad the game is F2P and I didn't waste any money on it. They definitely oversold the # of combinations you can make with weapons as well. Sure there are multiple items, but not all of them are going to be chosen because they're just plain bad.

Animation is a more looney toons with guns than TF2. Definitely worth trying, but after a few matches it just left me wanting to swap over to BF4.
I haven't found any wonky hit detection or blast radius. Been playing for a few days. Still pretty amazing how many ideas I have for new rocket launchers/assault rifles/modified shotguns etc.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Updated my healing gun to a scatter/bouncy/full auto/extended mag variant and it's pretty lol. Giant bouncing healing darts flying everywhere, pretty amazing the level of healing the thing puts out. So far for regular weapons I'm having a hard time using anything but a full auto tesla rifle, shit is just ridiculously good.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Put together what's considered the end game sniper rifle, the, single shot bolt action and while it's deadly as hell (a head shot will do 130% damage on a full hp non shielded guy) the problem is if you miss, odds are you're going to get raped during the slow ass reload. Eventually based on advice I switched from bolt back to shell loading. If you're using all level 1 gear and you want a 1 hit headshot rifle, you'll need bolt action + headshot barrel, and IMHO they're both garbage. By using shell loading instead of bolt you have a 10 round clip, and while slightly weaker than bolt, you have options if you miss. And headshot barrel is just ass, you have to hit them in the head, body shots are weaker than sniper barrel. If you can quickly aim down the scope and drill a guy in the head from across the map like a baus, then by all means go bolt + headshot, but understand as I said if you miss, you're going to be getting lip up immediately after.

Have a launcher with trip-barrel, flak spread, and fire rounds and holy fuck that gun is funny as all hell. On the domination/conquer maps when all 4 guys on the other side are crowding the point, you lob those 3 rockets into the center of them and the flak napalms the ground in a 20' radius you can't help but feel super cheap as they're burning alive and spamming chat with "You cheap fuck!".

Fuck it, don't care, it got the job done.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
The game is very good. Needs more maps and better match making, but aside from that, I'm having a great time.

To elaborate: I'm running with a beam + fire for main and launcher + fast tube + corkscrew + dot blast for secondary. The fire beam is op as fuck, with almost no range penalty, you can get people at an distance, fuck them up AND set them ablaze. However, I find play with the launcher much more fun. Lots of jumping and rocket angles. I don't really fuck with shields, turrets, etc.

I really hope they balance and add to the game with a deft, light touch; the game doesn't need all that much to really separate from the fray.

The gore, my god, the gore.

Sulrn

Deuces
The game doesn't need much as far as balancing goes, but it doesn't have much longevity to it. You can get the best pieces with each weapon system with only a day played for each system (4 days). So what happens when everyone is running around the with the same guns?