Locke & Key

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 3 Votes
Title: Locke & Key

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2020-02-07

Creator: Joe Hill

Cast: Darby Stanchfield, Emilia Jones, Connor Jessup, Jackson Robert Scott, Thomas Mitchell Barnet

Overview: Three siblings who move into their ancestral estate after their father's gruesome murder discover their new home's magical keys, which must be used in their stand against an evil creature who wants the keys and their powers.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this is a great comic series, if anyone wants access to it pm a dude for obvious reasons.

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
What the fuck ? I am getting a bit of dissonance from this trailer.
I mean the comics were violent, gory, borderline pedo, and this looks likes a wholesome young adult adventure movie.
So sad.

Caliane

What the fuck ? I am getting a bit of dissonance from this trailer.
I mean the comics were violent, gory, borderline pedo, and this looks likes a wholesome young adult adventure movie.
So sad.
Well, Sabrina took the horror comic, chilling adventures, and blended it with the more typical teen romp Sabrina... so its possible they did that will Locke and Key as well.. Or, its just a rope them in, and turn the knife after the fact.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I hope it is a rope them in. Most of the trailer was reaction shots to things happening off screen, so maybe.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Never read the comics. I'm on episode 3 right now, seems decent enough. Definitely has a lot of potential

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I really need to dig in to the source material for this because it seems like there’s a lot of cool here but the show is pretty garbage. Episode 4 (whichever after the head key one) it just nose dives. There are bits of god buried beneath high school cliches that aren’t well done, bad acting, writing. Should have just focused on Echo chick trying to murder everyone and get the keys back while we Warehouse 13 on the side.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I wanted to like this, but not to sound racist but man do they make white people seem retarded in this show.
Bad decisions, not picking up guns, not taking keys and instead having moments.

2/5

and yeah i dont care they they are teens, stupid is stupid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
GOD DAMN BILLIE EILISH SONG BEHIND A SIMON AND GARFUNKEL LYRIC!

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I am unfamiliar with the source material, but watching it with someone who is gives an interesting flip on the usual dynamic where the roles are reversed. It's clear that this is a very PG13 adaptation of something that was clearly not PG13 in graphic novel form. It's amusing because they points where I point out that the show seems dark have so far, apparently, been the lighter elements from the source material that really couldn't be avoided and have the story progress.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I really need to dig in to the source material for this because it seems like there’s a lot of cool here but the show is pretty garbage. Episode 4 (whichever after the head key one) it just nose dives. There are bits of god buried beneath high school cliches that aren’t well done, bad acting, writing. Should have just focused on Echo chick trying to murder everyone and get the keys back while we Warehouse 13 on the side.
pm me for a hook up

oh shit it's netflix, didn't think whole season is out.

spronk

FPS noob
Whats the min age you guys think kids should be to watch this? 12? It looks really cool for kids in that "its scary but not super fucked up scary" kinda way

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Dear Netflix. Enough of this, October Faction and Sabrina. Renew Daybreak... at least that show was goofy and entertaining.

• 1Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I really didn't like this. Having the kid make the huge mistake early made it boring. That and the oddness of the sjw stuff made me stop at episode 2. Is it that hard to make things like Narnia mixed with horror for adults?

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Whats the min age you guys think kids should be to watch this? 12? It looks really cool for kids in that "its scary but not super fucked up scary" kinda way

It was never excessively graphic or vulgar. The only real significant blood splatter was a fake scene they set up for their movie called, appropriately, “The Splattering.”

There is death, guns and a small amount of shooting. Some kissing but I don’t remember anything overtly sexual.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I never read the comic, although I was aware of it from seeing that an older TV version was based on them (that older show had Ksenia Solo from Lost Girl in it, which is why I wanted to watch it, but could never find it, and then I forgot all about it until now). I watched episode 1 of this, and honestly don't know if I can muster up the interest to watch any more. Does it get any better? It just seems too simplistic and dumb, and I know the comic can't be that bad, so if someone tells me that it picks up from here I might soldier on. Even if only to see more of the hot Echo chick, although I'm sure she won't be nekkid.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I never read the comic, although I was aware of it from seeing that an older TV version was based on them (that older show had Ksenia Solo from Lost Girl in it, which is why I wanted to watch it, but could never find it, and then I forgot all about it until now). I watched episode 1 of this, and honestly don't know if I can muster up the interest to watch any more. Does it get any better? It just seems too simplistic and dumb, and I know the comic can't be that bad, so if someone tells me that it picks up from here I might soldier on. Even if only to see more of the hot Echo chick, although I'm sure she won't be nekkid.

I mean not really. Arguably it gets worse until maybe episode 7 and even then it is still marginal at best.

Would love to find the Pilot of the 2011 version. Ksenia Solo *droool*

TV show information provided by The Movie Database