Locke & Key

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I mean not really. Arguably it gets worse until maybe episode 7 and even then it is still marginal at best.

Would love to find the Pilot of the 2011 version. Ksenia Solo *droool*
You made me look on BTN, and they have the "unaired pilot S01E00" from 2011, so I downloaded it. Nothing of the rest of the series. I'll check it out tonight, and if anyone wants it I'll put it up somewhere for download.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
You made me look on BTN, and they have the "unaired pilot S01E00" from 2011, so I downloaded it. Nothing of the rest of the series. I'll check it out tonight, and if anyone wants it I'll put it up somewhere for download.

From my 2 second internet sleuthing after your original post it said only the Pilot was made and Fox opted not to buy the show. Guess we’ll see if that was a good or bad decision.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
The trailer for the 2011 show looks waaaay better than this one. Shame Fox passed up on it, but that is the kinda crap that they do there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I watched the pilot episode of the 2011 version, and I liked it quite a bit more. It felt a little creepier and darker. It was very similar in a lot of things, obviously, since it is based on the same source material, but this episode clearly covered more of the overall story than the first one did on Netflix (remember, I've only watched the first one on Netflix too).

Ksenia Solo didn't look particularly hot in it, but she was creepy as fuck, which was the whole point. I don't know that I would have been super-excited to watch an entire season of that version either, but it didn't strike me as quite as "dumb" as the Netflix version.

I'd be interested to hear what people think of it, compared to Netflix. PM me if you want a link for it. And remember, it is 2011 DVD quality, so unless your username is Crone, you'll probably be put off a bit by the shitty resolution.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hmmm overall I'm enjoying it for what it is. A campy YA romp I can enjoy with the kids. And we have. Then I come here and find out the source material is more fucked up so yeah there would be a huge disconnect for sure. But this show is great watching with tween kid material for sure. Although it does explain some of the implied fucked up shit I thought I was detecting that they don't fully show lol.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Made it to episode 4, but it's just so slow and boring. Now the kids are acting like douchebags trying to get back at a bully or something. Cannot relate to the characters at all, and I'm finding them really annoying. The youngest kid can't act either :*(