Loki

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I haven't been keeping up with Marvel lately. What should I watch before watching this new season? Just Ant-Man Quantumania probably?
Ant man sucked couldn't make it through it. Skip Thor also, that one was really cringe.

It's almost Halloween, werewolf by night had some good stuff but that's a quick short movie. I need more Man Thing in my life

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Finally got around to episode 2 and I'm enjoying it, Lokis power are always so random, him running after the guy through the city was pointless. Also kind of confused on why the one chick was destroying all the timelines.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Finally got around to episode 2 and I'm enjoying it, Lokis power are always so random, him running after the guy through the city was pointless. Also kind of confused on why the one chick was destroying all the timelines.
The general's mission was to destroy all the newly created timelines but they never really said who ordered her to do it. I'm guessing it was a Kang in charge of that.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
The general's mission was to destroy all the newly created timelines but they never really said who ordered her to do it. I'm guessing it was a Kang in charge of that.
I was under the impression she was just a fanatic that kept true to the basic fundaments that there is only one sacred timeline allowed.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I was under the impression she was just a fanatic that kept true to the basic fundaments that there is only one sacred timeline allowed.
Normally they would just hunt down the variant that caused that timeline but the general was purposely destroying the entire timeline. It was never made clear if it was her idea to do it or she was told to but it just seems like there is something else going on.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
you don't need to watch anything other than Loki season 1, the show is pretty self contained although it has tons of easter eggs I guess more for comic fans than really anything else

I just watched episode 2 as well, I liked it but I am feeling pretty lost. I don't understand what the threat really is, why there is another faction of the TVA just blowing away split universes, what Ravonna (the judge lady from s1?) is trying to do along with Miss Minutes AI, what the "Time Loom" is or whats going to happen with it, or why there aren't really infinite splits that would be impossible to handle. Its not a big deal as long as it starts coalescing in the next episode or two instead of getting more frantic.

Time travel/Multiverses is a hard thing to really do proper and I'm still on the fence if its being done well here or not, but I guess it depends if they stick the landing. It was also very cool to get some small callbacks to phase 2 MCU, like the horn shadows or the Avengers movie references although it just makes you sad about how far MCU has fallen since then.

Love the retro future vibe of the show, the retro diner was awesome, love moments where Loki and Mobius just are shooting the shit, but it was a real jarring jump from "lets go hang out at McDonalds" to "OH SHIT ITS ACTION SCENE TIME WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE WHO CARES JUST FIGHT!!"

Homsar

you don't need to watch anything other than Loki season 1, the show is pretty self contained although it has tons of easter eggs I guess more for comic fans than really anything else

I just watched episode 2 as well, I liked it but I am feeling pretty lost. I don't understand what the threat really is, why there is another faction of the TVA just blowing away split universes, what Ravonna (the judge lady from s1?) is trying to do along with Miss Minutes AI, what the "Time Loom" is or whats going to happen with it, or why there aren't really infinite splits that would be impossible to handle. Its not a big deal as long as it starts coalescing in the next episode or two instead of getting more frantic.

Time travel/Multiverses is a hard thing to really do proper and I'm still on the fence if its being done well here or not, but I guess it depends if they stick the landing. It was also very cool to get some small callbacks to phase 2 MCU, like the horn shadows or the Avengers movie references although it just makes you sad about how far MCU has fallen since then.

Love the retro future vibe of the show, the retro diner was awesome, love moments where Loki and Mobius just are shooting the shit, but it was a real jarring jump from "lets go hang out at McDonalds" to "OH SHIT ITS ACTION SCENE TIME WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE WHO CARES JUST FIGHT!!"
I sometimes get sucked in to the set/art of the show and have to rewind. I'm curious what is backdrop

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched both episodes last night and really enjoyed them. I'm watching it more for the bromance more than the storyline if I'm honest.

Also, counter to most stuff at the minute it's nice to see more guys on screen than strong female characters. The two main females are fairly emotional and just as flawed as the male cast.

Homsar

Watched both episodes last night and really enjoyed them. I'm watching it more for the bromance more than the storyline if I'm honest.

Also, counter to most stuff at the minute it's nice to see more guys on screen than strong female characters. The two main females are fairly emotional and just as flawed as the male cast.
I don't know if it's because of Kang being an idiot but Im loving the chemistry between the characters. I need my jet ski moment

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

I watched one review that made a good point: If you stripped away all the Marvel stuff for the Loki show and basically kept all the other concepts the same and had that same character interactions, it would still be entertaining.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
or why there aren't really infinite splits that would be impossible to handle
This is something that bugs me frequently in multiverse stuff -- the insistence by some fans that there must be an infinite number of universes. It breaks everything if you start to look at it too closely, and isnt necessary. Better to say theres a whole shit ton of different universes but not an infinite number.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Like all Hollywood time travel there is a mystical force that "magically corrects all small differences to steer the timeline" and thus a variance only occurs with a major deviation. Bounded series rather than infinite is what they go for.

The last episode still gave the impression there was a ton of those major deviations forming and most got bombed to hell, but it's a realistic number and not every minute detail branching off.

Cybsled

Infinite timelines make less sense if you suppose a new timeline/universe is created by different actions by something and expand that to a universal scale. Fiction focuses on stuff like “what if?” and less on “this bug on a planet 10000 light years away ate another bug instead of a fungus, new timeline time!” or “this atom 13 billion years ago combined with a different atom than in this timeline”

I think the Loki show tries to explain the changes are localized and you only had to burn the impacted part vs the whole thing. Sort of like ripples in a pond - small ripples don’t change much, but larger ripples are an issue. If you stop the large ripples early enough, it doesn’t effect enough change to create a new timeline. But even then large is subjective and always Earth centric for the most part

joz123

Potato del Grande
New episode was weird. Loved how they changed the music in the opening marvel credits and intro.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I thought this episode was great and really showcased what Marvel does best. Keep the characters as the focus and the story feeding into that.
So many great interactions between characters.

I've been doubtful about this show because of how a lot of stuff from the MCU has been a miss since season 1 of Loki but I'm starting to get excited about this show again and that is great.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They are giving the impression this is a planned cycle, where the original hid a clone/copy of himself for whenever he gets killed. Basically a Matrix Reloaded where he locks the TVA into needing him, conveniently recreates himself to save them while rebooting all of the variants employed there, or at least memory wiping them.

Sylvie has the right idea, they need to not only kill him they have to end his cycle to actually have free choice.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Miss Minutes going psycho before being turned off was great. Kang promised to make her real and never did it so MM seems to want revenge somehow.