London

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I'm visiting London right after Christmas with my 16 year old sister for two days.
She is insistent in visiting Madame Tussauds and The Natural History Museum to which I added the Science Museum, but after that we don't have much of an idea of what else to visit.

Was hoping for some advice on places to visit and fun stuff to do in London.

Tral_sl

shitlord
British Museum is cool. I don't know if any of the outdoor markets are open during the winter, but they're cool too (e.g. Portobello Market). Pubbing/clubbing can be a blast but probably not with a 16-year-old.

revvy

Trakanon Raider
The museums are so large you could quite easily spend an entire day in the Natural History or Science museum.

Madame Tussauds normally has a ridiculous queue time especially during school holiday times, it is quite cool though, if you have to go make sure you're there for whenever it opens.

Walking up Oxford Street/Regent Street for the shops, then checking out the palace, Trafalgar Square to see Nelsons column and you can then check out the Houses of Parliament and the London Eye (surprisingly worth it, great views). Then you can find a restaurant anywhere in Covent Garden, that'll take up an entire day.

If you're interested in it you could travel over to the Isle of Dogs (Canary Wharf tube station) and check out the business centre, then have dinner in one of the restaurants at the Milennium Dome.

With a 16 year old you could easily get into a pub/club I imagine, but if that's not your thing you can pick up some cheap theatre tickets, musicals are always a fun waste of a few hours.

There's too much to do to fit it into 2 days, this is all just central London.

Tral_sl

shitlord
Oh yeah, definitely walk up Oxford street. Make a stop into Selfridges to check out a department store which seems normal, but in fact everything they sell is designer and costs thousands of pounds. And if you like cars, take a left when you get to the end of Oxford street down Park Lane, there's a couple high end dealerships (Aston Martin, Lambo I think), and the Dorchester hotel usually has a few million dollars worth of cars parked out front (when I went I saw a Koeniggseg Agera, Pagani Zonda, and a few others)

Macktaracktor_sl

shitlord
Fish and Chips! Chip shops are a good place just to people watch... alot are like Dive Bars in the states.... Just watch out... they fry there fish in Beef Broth

Philip23_sl

shitlord
There are hundreds of places to go and thousands of things to see in London, Historical Great Britain is truly something to experience in your lifetime and London is the perfect place to visit to learn about it. National Gallery, British Museum, The Lion King and Royal Air Force Museum are best places to visit.