Long list of recent fantasy that got too long for another thread so now it's a post

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This started as a reply in the "What did you just read" thread, but I got carried away.

I'm starting the 3rd Lightbringer book. Just got me thinking, there's way too much fantasy(normal, modern, and urban) I'm trying to start or catch up on=P Just looking at my Calibre. And these are only the fairly recent ones that I personally am not caught up on, I still haven't started Chronicles of Amber or Black Company.

Alphabetical order by author name.

The Long Price Quartet(finished series) andThe Dagger and the Coin(ongoing) by Daniel Abraham. Haven't started either.

The Prince of Nothingby R Scott Bakker. Read the first one when it was released, got distracted before the follow ups ever came out. Have read a lot of people that hated this one so I haven't made it a priority.

The Traitor Son Cycleby Miles Cameron, this is the one Antithesisjust mentioned.

Felix Castorby Mike Carey. These were suggested for Harry Dresden fans. He's a modern day exorcist in London in a world where the dead coming back has become accepted fact fairly recently. First book was decent, good mix of the mystical and practical detective work.

Dreams and Shadowsby C Robert Cargill. This was just on a bunch of lists of best fantasy of 2013. Glowing praise. Haven't started it yet but I think the 2nd book came out this year. No real clue how it is.

Shadow Opsby Myke Cole. 3rd book is fairly recently out. Love the world, modern day military companies that use magic users to secure a foothold in an alternate world. But the main character of the first book is an obnoxious whiny flipflopper. 2nd book fixes that for the most part and you get a much more interesting main character for most of it.

The Grimnoir Chroniclesby Larry Correia. Magic detective. More Dresden alternative stuff. It's supposed to be pretty good, and I like his other series(Monster Hunter International).

Shadowdanceby David Dalglish. Honestly, I think I saw these on a list of best fantasy book covers or some shit. No idea what this is, but I like assassin books. I think I've heard that one of his other series was good maybe...

The Magister Trilogyby C.S. Friedman. No idea what this is about, but theColdfire Trilogyby her was dope.

Craft Sequenceby Max Gladstone. Professional necromancers, dead gods, law firms, the synopsis of this one just really caught my eye.

The Faithful and the Fallenby John Gwynne. I think this was another one from the good covers list. Sounds pretty generic, no idea if it's any good.

Alex Verysby Benedict Jacka. Modern, another from the Dresden fill in list.

Pax Arcanaby Elliot James. This might be from the covers list as well...Prince Charming is a trained monster killer who becomes a werewolf. And other stuff happens I guess. Might never start this one...

Sandman Slimby Richard Kadrey. More Dresden fill in. Plus he's a hitman(or ex-hitman or something). And it's supposed to be pretty funny, should get to this one at some point.

Swords of Good Menby Snorri Kristjansson. VIKINGS! By a real Icelandic dude. Need to get on this.

The Powder Mageby Brian McClellan. Wizards and guns. Fuck yes, why have I not started this one yet? Supposed to be pretty good too from what I've been told.

Imager Portfolioby L.E. Modesitt Jr. Really just got these because I enjoyedThe Saga of Reclucebooks. Plus he writes like a maniac, total Brandon Sanderson workrate(55 books in 27 years).

Drakenfeldby Mark Charan Newton. Think this was from the nice covers list, but the summary was just a nice interesting political thriller type fantasy.

King Henry Tapesby Richard Raley. This is written byour very own Nebuchadnezzar. I downloaded it when he first posted that because I liked the synopsis. I should really get around to actually reading the book.

Steelhavenby Richard Ford. This was on some list or other that convinced me to download it. I do that a lot(obviously).

Raven's Shadowby Anthony Ryan. Read almost all good things about this series, should really start.

Grim Companyby Luke Scull. Military fantasy. Sounds like a sort of small scale Malazan. Was really looking forward to this when I got it, then I forgot about it. I do that a lot too(obviously).

Foreworldby Neal Stephenson and like 50 other writers. Alternate fantasy history thing also known as The Mongoliad. About Europeans pushing back the Mongol invasion with might and magic I guess. This one is pretty well known, and I just had to grab it when I was all in to theConquererby Conn Iggulden.

The Acts of Caineby Matthew Woodring Stover. Read the first one, it's an interesting twist. In the future we find a way to send people to another world that is sort of a generic middle ages fantasy world. We, naturally, decide the best use of this technology is to send people there with implanted recording software to become fantasy type heroes for our entertainment.

The Riyria Chroniclesby Michael J. Sullivan. I know very little about this series, but have had it recommended by a ton of people. Should really just read the damn thing already. Plus Sullivan is a regular poster on the fantasy Subreddit so I'd like to support him.

The Shadow Campaignsby Django Wexler. Swords, guns, magic...WHY AM I NOT READING THIS?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just going to comment on a few you listed and haven't read yet.

The Prince of Nothing by R Scott Bakker. Read the first one when it was released, got distracted before the follow ups ever came out. Have read a lot of people that hated this one so I haven't made it a priority.
I read the first trilogy and it was good but not great. Had some really good moments, but it dragged a lot and the main character suffered from "I'm amazing at everything". I was underwhelmed enough that I didn't start the second trilogy.

Shadowdance by David Dalglish. Honestly, I think I saw these on a list of best fantasy book covers or some shit. No idea what this is, but I like assassin books. I think I've heard that one of his other series was good maybe...
Dalglish has some good stuff. Some of it is cheesy but it's a fun read, and some times it gets surprisingly dark. His Half-Orc Series was my favorite as it had the least amount of cheese and most amount of Dark. I'd recommend any of his stuff though.

Raven's Shadow by Anthony Ryan. Read almost all good things about this series, should really start.
The first book is good, I liked it a lot. The second book was not as good, but I'll probably still read the third when it comes out.

The Riyria Chronicles by Michael J. Sullivan. I know very little about this series, but have had it recommended by a ton of people. Should really just read the damn thing already. Plus Sullivan is a regular poster on the fantasy Subreddit so I'd like to support him.
I really enjoyed all of the Riryia stuff. The characters were great, the story lines were all good. Had some OP cheesiness but it really didn't bother me in this series. I highly recommend these, kept me up late a lot of nights. Out of everything I recognized, I'd say go with these next. You should also read Riryia Revelations.

The Long Price Quartet(finished series) and The Dagger and the Coin(ongoing) by Daniel Abraham. Haven't started either.
One of the few fantasy series I couldn't continue. I tried reading this and finally gave up about a third of the way through. It's just really boring...nothing happens...didn't give a shit about any of the lifeless characters. I've seen nothing but good reviews on it though so maybe it got better but I just couldn't do it. Again, it's pretty rare for me not to finish a fantasy novel once I've started it. I tried both series...I got a lot further in The Long Price Quartert than I did in Dagger and the Coin but gave up on both.

Prince of nothing and the follow up series are really good in my opinion. So I would up that in your priority list. It does suffer somewhat a bit in the first trilogy because Bakker had to write in the Kellhus POV at the insistence of his editors. The original concept was supposed to show the subversion of the perfect hero archetype through others thoughts and interactions as the story went along... but I guess that was too hard to pick up on. The second trilogy actually does away with the Kellhus POV and I find it much better then the first three because you get to see how much of an asshole the Hero is, but also can see why the people of the world would venerate him so. Plus I really enjoy the world he created.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I never liked prince of nothing much.

Riyria was just a fun read, not great or anything, just fun.

I liked long price quartet quite a bit, but I'm currently struggling through dagger and coin. It's very slow and for the most part I don't care about any of the characters.

King Henry tapes are also really fun if you like modern fantasy.

Grimnoir chronicles is excellent, the story is well written and the characters are fleshed out. Magic system is unique and pretty cool

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I think I might have swayed the Prince of Nothing vote into the negative with multiple rants over the years. Funny thing is, I'd actually think the books were pretty good if the main character weren't in them at all. The other characters are incredibly interesting and complex. I fucking despise the main character though. Many, many people love it though, so your call.

Grimnoir Chronicles was a little harder for me to get into than Monster Hunter, International. I read the first book and enjoyed it quite a bit, but didn't rush right out to read the next books when they came out for some unknown reason. Perhaps because I'm not a big fan of that time period, but since it is an alternate universe where the powers are the important part it really isn't that distracting for me. And besides, guns have been guns for a long time, they just don't have crap like 9mms and AK-47s is all. I just recently read the last two, and I really, really enjoyed them.

I'm a little biased obviously, but the King Henry Tapes really entertain me every time. They really pick up steam in books 3 and 4 as well. Hell, I'll buy you copies of all of them if you read them next.

I've read the first Acts of Caine and liked it, and my best friend has read the second one too. From my experience with the first one and his with both, these books are really good, but they suffer from long stretches of slow parts where you sort of just want shit to move along. Taken as a whole they are worth reading, you just have to realize that at a couple of points you might have to force yourself to power through sections where nothing fucking happens. All 4 come highly recommended too, so it seems it is worth pushing through. I just haven't had the heart to pick up the second one yet because I know what I'm in for.

The Grim Company is new to me, so I looked at the link. I might check it out, but promise me you will read The Black Company first, because honestly this looks like a fairly blatant "borrowing" of The Black Company. Maybe it isn't, but the blurb alone makes me sort of roll my eyes. Dorminia vs. The Domination. The White Lady vs. The Lady/White Rose. Come on, try harder! That being said, I think I will read them next because that is really what I'm looking for right now, and as long as it isn't a blatant ripoff (it probably isn't, I'm just nitpicking) I might enjoy it.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Grim Company is new to me, so I looked at the link. I might check it out, but promise me you will read The Black Company first, because honestly this looks like a fairly blatant "borrowing" of The Black Company. Maybe it isn't, but the blurb alone makes me sort of roll my eyes.
Had similar thoughts(without having read either). I was just googling and found a thread on the westeros forums where someone brings up the same thought and the author himself answered him.

"No, that is a very good point. I was worried about The Black Company comparisons too. Someone who didn't like the book even said it reminded them of Glen Cook (who I've only read a very small sample of - definitely no influence at all, unless by way of Erikson). But it was the title that caused my agent to pluck it from the Authonomy slush pile for an inspection in the first place, and all my publishers loved it, so I stuck with it."

Seventh

Golden Squire
Riyria was pretty damn good - and if you're into audiobooks, the reader was absolutely fantastic. It drags in a few parts, but all in all a pretty engaging story with super-likeable main characters. Since you and I tend to like all of the same shit, I think you'd enjoy it.