Looking for a list of movies

Brad2770

3 Amigos..no one mentioned? W. T. F.
Would you say he has a plethora of movies to choose from?

One of my favorite Tom Hanks movies- Splash.

Steve Martin - Roxanne.

Most of the others I have thought of have already been mentioned.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Balto was a really good animation and Homeward Bound was fun also if your kids like dogs.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Last Boy Scout, though your kids might be too young for it. And speaking of Shane Black, Last Action Hero was fun - great sound track.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Good list here already. Most of the ones I could think of are listed. A few others:

Close encounters of the third kind.

2001 - once they're in their early teens really, but a true masterpiece.

Sterling

El Presidente
I do like that more than 1 person mentioned Real Genius. I love that movie probably more than it deserves, I just think it's awesome.

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
I was raised on Arnie movies and heaps of 80's goodness. Great to see people listing ones like Romancing the Stone, 3 men and a baby, Beetlejuice etc.
6 is probably too young for Terminator 2, good as it is. At that age I would cry seeing Arnie go into the lava.

Trying to think of some non heavy recommendations, just fun -

Drop Dead Fred
Undercover Blues
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Bird on a Wire
Top Secret!

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
I was raised on Arnie movies and heaps of 80's goodness. Great to see people listing ones like Romancing the Stone, 3 men and a baby, Beetlejuice etc.
6 is probably too young for Terminator 2, good as it is. At that age I would cry seeing Arnie go into the lava.

Trying to think of some non heavy recommendations, just fun -

Drop Dead Fred
Undercover Blues
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Bird on a Wire
Top Secret!
I know that movie is kind of universally shit on, but I still love it. Stanley Tucci is so good in it.

Most of the ones I would suggest are already listed, as I'm trying to do the same thing with my kids. If you/they are into parodies/spoofs, check out Loaded Weapon.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
speaking of remakes, Willy Wonka was only mentioned once. a travesty. only the original is good of course, but they gotta see it.

My childhood movies(born in the 70s) included a lot of karate movies along with all these mentioned. So not sure if you want to include these but the old jackie chan movies were great as well as any Golden Harvest produced karate movies from the 70s and early 80s. But pretty well made list , although no childhood is complete without watching Nightmare on Elm Street , Friday the 13th and Childs Play. Those were awesome as a kid.
smile.png

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Don't know if these were mentioned yet but:

Gleaming the Cube
Rad
Little Monsters
Mac and me
Secret of NIMH
Pete's Dragon

D.A.R.Y.L. and Flight of the Navigator were probably my 2 favorite movies as a kid though. I used to watch those at least once a week.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
A slightly obscure 80's movie that's good for kids is Cloak and Dagger.

The Rankin-Bass animated versions of The Hobbit and Return of the King are worth a watch as well. A much shorter sit through that the theatrical versions and geared even more towards children.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
If you want your kids to grow up how you did, I am sure you watched Cujo. That damn movie when I was 6 years old sure taught me a lesson not to fuck with random dogs. Best PSA movie I had ever seen.
Ditto for Jaws if you grew up 10 minutes from a beach like I did.

Szlia

I suddenly remembered another '80s movie I enjoyed when I was a teenager that has yet to be mentioned: Innerspace.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ppl have already covered like 99% of all must see movies, no one said nuttin about Godzilla? As an 80's kid pre internet Godzilla was on all the time on the weekends, best titles from memory.
Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
Return of Godzilla 1984
Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster

Terial

Trakanon Raider
good one, will add
smile.png
Had them watch spaceballs on friday night, they have not stopped quoted it since
smile.png

You guys are awesome for helping get this list together, thank you all again.

As for Horror, i grew up with nightmare on elm street, friday the 13th, Blob, childs play, poltergeist etc....
I loved these movies, but for some reason my kiddos are still afraid. They'll come around, but for now i'm holding those till a bit later
smile.png