Lords of the Fallen

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Spent a few hundred severed hands on the various pvp dyes, they're unlimited use and look *phenomenal* on cloth and other stuff I've tried

Best seen in person, zoomed up on or in action

1697567134014.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Game too hard for me. I’m progressing very slowly, but I have to do so much farming I might as well play Hay Day.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Game too hard for me. I’m progressing very slowly, but I have to do so much farming I might as well play Hay Day.

I sense the guds you are getting.

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Keep goin.

• 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I don't get the multiplayer at all. Before the first boss I wanted to get a couple levels and figured it'd be more fun to help people beat the first boss a few times rather than grinding the levels out. Did that with Elden Ring IIRC, beat Margit a bunch of times helping other people before I did it myself, and got a bunch of exp in the process.

Well, what happens is we fight the first boss, win, no exp, then a dragon shows up and one-shots everybody. Respawn, run back through the now-empty boss room, wander around the woods for a bit. Can't even find a way to end multiplayer and exit out of the game. Did this whole thing with a couple people so far. Just trying to help them beat the boss and there's no reward for it and then we're just sorta left to wander around. None of this feels like it's supposed to be happening. Maybe the joke of a boss followed by the dragon one-shot is just a beginning-of-area cutscene and the real boss is later in the area? DON'T KNOW

Also putting a point in Radiance doesn't seem to increase the Preacher's attack power at all (Holy goes from 48+5 to...48+5) while putting a point in Strength increases Physical from 48 to 49. My weapon is supposed to be D scaling in Str and C scaling in Rad. Teh heck?

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't get the multiplayer at all. Before the first boss I wanted to get a couple levels and figured it'd be more fun to help people beat the first boss a few times rather than grinding the levels out. Did that with Elden Ring IIRC, beat Margit a bunch of times helping other people before I did it myself, and got a bunch of exp in the process.

Well, what happens is we fight the first boss, win, no exp, then a dragon shows up and one-shots everybody. Respawn, run back through the now-empty boss room, wander around the woods for a bit. Can't even find a way to end multiplayer and exit out of the game. Did this whole thing with a couple people so far. Just trying to help them beat the boss and there's no reward for it and then we're just sorta left to wander around. None of this feels like it's supposed to be happening. Maybe the joke of a boss followed by the dragon one-shot is just a beginning-of-area cutscene and the real boss is later in the area? DON'T KNOW

He's a boss like Soldier of Godrick is a boss and the dragon is meant to kill you. I wouldn't waste my time there, I'd move on and try it when you get to Pieta

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
He's a boss like Soldier of Godrick is a boss and the dragon is meant to kill you. I wouldn't waste my time there, I'd move on and try it when you get to Pieta

It's giving me Pieta matches now that I'm further on (and also matches for SoG guy still).

Multiplayer's really weird. On the latest one Pieta turned grey-meter and I couldn't damage it anymore, while the host was still able to do damage. It just stayed like that until I eventually got ganked.

So do you actually get a good reward (exp or otherwise) for beating someone else's boss?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It's giving me Pieta matches now that I'm further on (and also matches for SoG guy still).

Multiplayer's really weird. On the latest one Pieta turned grey-meter and I couldn't damage it anymore, while the host was still able to do damage. It just stayed like that until I eventually got ganked.

So do you actually get a good reward (exp or otherwise) for beating someone else's boss?

I got random pieces of armor per kill helping my friend. One example being this ruiner armor. Another mini boss dropped runes for both of us.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
This game has its ups-and-downs but I'd say I'm having fun. Its different from Lies of P, which feels like a dueling/gentleman's type of combat by comparison. If Dark Souls was tennis, Lies of P would be like badminton, and Lords of the Fallen would be like racquetball. I feel as if rushing in and beating the shit out of things works pretty good.

Put points in Endurance. Stamina is great in this game and you don't get punished hard for running around like a madman in combat. This game lets you chain some nasty combos to cut through the packs. There were times when I'd rush them, and then they'd start blasting so I ran away behind a corner to line-of-sight stuff, then ran back in and starting wailing on them. Pretty good fun.

Other than using the lantern to find pathways, cut down shelves/furniture and whatnot too. Sometimes they hide extra rooms or even a different path behind them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Found the rune thing, it is a very easily missed hidden path on a random corpse and now things are dropping runes... level 195 and just now getting runes. That is bad design. Going to probably shelve this one for a bit, the world is large but not interesting enough to poop sock. Found myself getting annoyed with all the just out of reach shit you have to puzzle out how to get to. Hell one "shortcut" I gave up on ended up being a backdoor to an area like 3 vestiges later I found 6 hours later.
Good God, I'm in Calrath (the burning city) now and it's confusing as fuck. It's like a 3 dimensional maze of burning rooms and you have to keep switching back and forth from lamp land to progress at random points. I'm actually still enjoying it, but getting a bit frustrated. I also feel like I'm missing areas, but I'm too stubborn to use a guide at this point

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This game has its ups-and-downs but I'd say I'm having fun. Its different from Lies of P, which feels like a dueling/gentleman's type of combat by comparison. If Dark Souls was tennis, Lies of P would be like badminton, and Lords of the Fallen would be like racquetball. I feel as if rushing in and beating the shit out of things works pretty good.

Put points in Endurance. Stamina is great in this game and you don't get punished hard for running around like a madman in combat. This game lets you chain some nasty combos to cut through the packs. There were times when I'd rush them, and then they'd start blasting so I ran away behind a corner to line-of-sight stuff, then ran back in and starting wailing on them. Pretty good fun.

Other than using the lantern to find pathways, cut down shelves/furniture and whatnot too. Sometimes they hide extra rooms or even a different path behind them.

I am also an endurance enjoyer

Good God, I'm in Calrath (the burning city) now and it's confusing as fuck. It's like a 3 dimensional maze of burning rooms and you have to keep switching back and forth from lamp land to progress at random points. I'm actually still enjoying it, but getting a bit frustrated. I also feel like I'm missing areas, but I'm too stubborn to use a guide at this point

I mean it looks fucking amazing with the UE5 goodness.

image.png

It is definitely a bit frustrating which is good for me. I never use a guide on the first play through of these things, and theres loads of stuff I miss the first time.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Runes are a base function, hiding the unlock like that is fucked. It is a hidden path deep into a branching path. Shit should have been along the pilgrims tower first area before you unlock the blacksmith.
I quit Surge 2 because of the insane layout, stopped playing for 2 days and couldn't remember where to go. This game is that but way bigger with a fuck ton on ranged enemies that fuck your shit up. I learned quickly you can lock onto them and soul drag them off ledges. You can also push them back depending on which way your holding the stick.
Visually it is awesome but game mechanics and enemies makes back tracking feel like a slog.
Right before I shelved it I was sprinting past everything until I found the next waypoint. That's no way to play this game.
4 beacons lite before I stopped, apparently I missed a mining area so I got 1,3,4,5.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm not really into "where the fuck do I go" type games.

I'll give this another good shot but I might actually end up returning it. Nothing about it jumped out at me as being must-play and it seems uneven AF in the two hours or so I spent on it. Was also hoping for something a bit more visually stunning considering it's (I think) the first ground-up current gen Soulslike that isn't a remake.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I didn't think it was THAT hard to figure out where to go

Personally I haven't gotten lost yet. Seems like you have to make sure to shine the lantern everywhere which is a little annoying.

I loved the "light and dark world" mechanic in Link to the Past and Metroid Prime 2, but here, I don't know, something about it's rubbing me the wrong way. Maybe the switching back and forth is happening too much.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The problem is you can go the "wrong way" as in a place you're not ready for and not realize it for quite a while. Then it's a lot of backtracking trying to figure out where you went wrong

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Maybe it's the relief from the boredom of BG3 that is carrying me here

And I love invading/being invaded 1v1

• 1Pathetic

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
Finished the game and got the radiance ending. Game has 3 endings total and each one unlocks a new class. I'm not sure I have it in me to go through NG+ though. You can't use any vestiges except the one you drop. Game is too vague on a lot of things. No quest log so if you forget what some npc said about something good luck finding where to go, and when they do give you a quest good luck finding the place they are talking about. The maps are pretty much useless also. Didn't unlock runes till after I killed the last boss...that should not be something you can miss. Missed most of the side quests also until I read a guide after I finished it. The umbral ending looks like a chore to get. Game is beautiful though. Played on a RTX 3080 12gb, Ryzen 5800X3D and 64GB of ram and it ran fine. Had quite a few crashes though.

Too many ranged mobs that can hit you from across the zone. Mobs use cheap tactics. Not enough enemy variety. Confusing zones. Weapon upgrades are too expensive. With some fine tuning the game will get better I'm sure. The devs are patching it everyday.

Sorry for the ramble, it's been a long day.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Too many ranged mobs that can hit you from across the zone. Mobs use cheap tactics. Not enough enemy variety. Confusing zones. Weapon upgrades are too expensive. With some fine tuning the game will get better I'm sure. The devs are patching it everyday.

Sorry for the ramble, it's been a long day.

The ranged mobs are the big annoyance for me

The problem is you can go the "wrong way" as in a place you're not ready for and not realize it for quite a while. Then it's a lot of backtracking trying to figure out where you went wrong

And also this.

I really just wanted a From-like Souls 4 type game that kept it simple. This tries some new stuff and none of it really works. The Dark World looks like everything is covered in spooge. It's less dark/menacing and more just nauseating.

I REALLY enjoyed Lies of P just a couple weeks ago so I don't think the issue is that I don't like the game type or am not giving it a shot. This one just isn't vibing with me and I wish it was. The Preacher class was certainly interesting to me. Maybe it'll get a lot better after I get the light sword and I'll be glad I stuck with it, or maybe I'm better off cutting my losses before I get into it.

EDIT: Oh, also, the game gets off on a bad foot right off the bat by having the intro movie revolve around showing off the Dark Crusader class and making it look super-cool, only to have it be locked behind an $8 paywall. $8 is nothing, still kinda gross though.

Last edited: