Lords of the Fallen

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Give it to me straight

Am I liking this for masochistic reasons or what?

I thought this game implemented a number of things better than Elden Ring even.

The dual wield, not having to drop a summon sign everytime to summon or resummon a buddy as you progressed, buddy being able to vendor and spend souls in your game... crowd sourcing covenant rewards... bringing back 1v1 invasions....

To me they only need a look at some of the netcode, which is the hardest part I think of any game like this. That being said, they have some true gurus working for them in that department from what I read.

I want to unlock all the classes based on the endings, too. I won't do it all in one go or anything, but I didn't do that with the Elden Ring endings either.

Edit: impressive how such a small portion of the population did so much to unlock all the pvp covenant tiers in a few days of ganking...

1697734920911.png

Thats including people who only gave 10 for the achievement.

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The ranged mobs are the big annoyance for me

And also this.

I really just wanted a From-like Souls 4 type game that kept it simple. This tries some new stuff and none of it really works. The Dark World looks like everything is covered in spooge. It's less dark/menacing and more just nauseating.

I REALLY enjoyed Lies of P just a couple weeks ago so I don't think the issue is that I don't like the game type or am not giving it a shot. This one just isn't vibing with me and I wish it was. The Preacher class was certainly interesting to me. Maybe it'll get a lot better after I get the light sword and I'll be glad I stuck with it, or maybe I'm better off cutting my losses before I get into it.

EDIT: Oh, also, the game gets off on a bad foot right off the bat by having the intro movie revolve around showing off the Dark Crusader class and making it look super-cool, only to have it be locked behind an $8 paywall. $8 is nothing, still kinda gross though.

You can also unlock the dark crusader by playing the game

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ended up returning this one, just wasn't jiving with me at all. The visuals were, I dunno, blurry or something, so when I moved around there was this weird disconnect. Played on Performance because Quality resembled a slideshow on PS5. Turned off Motion Blur. Still just wasn't jiving with me visually. Then you've got the spooge-covered dark world.

Didn't make it out of the first area so maybe it gets better. I got to this giant locked metal door (not the first big one, the thin one later with a pull able bridge just to the left of it). Explored that entire area going in circles and could not find a way to progress. Enemies launching range attacks while more spawn out of the ground behind and ambush, and some are just straight invulnerable until you Scorpion Spear their wisp essence away...all combined to just be a very Mid time.

I think it would have grown on me, then again the first LOTF grew on me and then later I regretted the time spent on it because the late game was so obtuse.

No big though, I didn't really have time for this anyway.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Ended up returning this one, just wasn't jiving with me at all. The visuals were, I dunno, blurry or something, so when I moved around there was this weird disconnect. Played on Performance because Quality resembled a slideshow on PS5. Turned off Motion Blur. Still just wasn't jiving with me visually. Then you've got the spooge-covered dark world.

Didn't make it out of the first area so maybe it gets better. I got to this giant locked metal door (not the first big one, the thin one later with a pull able bridge just to the left of it). Explored that entire area going in circles and could not find a way to progress. Enemies launching range attacks while more spawn out of the ground behind and ambush, and some are just straight invulnerable until you Scorpion Spear their wisp essence away...all combined to just be a very Mid time.

I think it would have grown on me, then again the first LOTF grew on me and then later I regretted the time spent on it because the late game was so obtuse.

No big though, I didn't really have time for this anyway.

There was a giant walkway right next to the bridge..

vegetoeeVegetoee

Trakanon Raider
This game definitely does not hold your hand. I am enjoying it using DW-1hs. I am digging the setting and feel of it. I hope it does well enough they can make an open world version and compete with Elden Ring or a collab with FSoft would be great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was disappointed by the graphics when I started but imo it gets a lot better later on. Some amazing sights now and then. All settings maxed. Still having fun but I can see why some people call it tedious. I have to work for my shit.

pwe

NB! BUG! A new patch just landed and it seems you will lose all your levels if you run the game (or enter with your character, not sure). I haven't tried yet. It's possible it only happens in coop.

If you are hit maybe you can find a backup here:

%LOCALAPPDATA% \LOTF2\Saved\SaveGames

Last edited:

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Dear god. I haven't played yet today, is there a way to stop steam downloading the current patch?

Edit: Appears to be a coop issue only. Going to manually save every so often just in case.

Edit 2: Like pwe stated, maybe not just coop. Any way to block the patch? I'm assuming you can toggle off auto downloads but I'm afraid it will run just by opening steam

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I need a lil less than 600 severed hands to finish the pvp suit.

Only actual gripe in the game is how often you have a time out or DC trying to invade ppl.

pwe

I made a copy of the save files and played without any issues. I don't remember only being level 15, though. J/K, no issues here.

There is a new patch now, probably a fix. Probably.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
View attachment 496237
This is where I stopped. Door doesn't budge, walkway to the left has a pull able bridge in the dark world. There's no giant walkway.

From that angle you would turn around and take a left and head down. There's a bridge you kick down from the other side that's behind you as a shortcut back that I thought you were referring to.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
From that angle you would turn around and take a left and head down. There's a bridge you kick down from the other side that's behind you as a shortcut back that I thought you were referring to.

It won't help now, but yeah I figured I had to go that way. I might try this again at a later time when I need a Soulsborne and nothing new's readily available.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You want me to pull you out the tutorial my dawg lmk

I know you can handle this one and it's got great shit in it here n there

• 1Like

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Some (two discovered so far) of the boss weapons have hidden abilities with certain conditions that need to be met: (Spoilers obviously)

I'm currently using the lightreaper short swords which now fire off a wide beam sort of like the moonlight gs, pretty fun. Going to do the umbral ending here on NG+ to unlock the Pieta/Elianne sword combo.

pwe

Give it to me straight

Am I liking this for masochistic reasons or what?
After playing quite a bit I can say... Yes. Yes you are. And you are possibly a danger to society too.

I'm not sure if I can go on after 60 hours, and I didn't get very far. It's like they said hey this Dark Souls thing is neat. But way too casual and fair. Let's make a sadistic and unfair version, people will love it. There is still something cool about being thrown into a bullsh... I mean dangerous unknown world. But...

• 1Like

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Newest patch introducing a much shorter leash for mobs so you'll be able to run past them much more easily a la other Soulslike games, should help with that

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I got the armor suit from severed hands, but helping the eyeball crew and getting that set....

Whew.

Good thing there's something like 4 characters to unlock.

Vorph

Xbox patch is finally up now too.

They also changed NG+ to let you choose to either replay NG or move to NG+, so you can replay for unlocks without having to start over or deal with not having vestiges. Next patch will gradually reduce the number of vestiges instead of just wiping them all at once.

but helping the eyeball crew and getting that set....
Supposedly AU region gets 150 eyeballs per red lantern instead of 3. Saw someone say VPN worked, not sure if that includes Xbox region change but I'm going to try it out soon.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Supposedly AU region gets 150 eyeballs per red lantern instead of 3. Saw someone say VPN worked, not sure if that includes Xbox region change but I'm going to try it out soon.

Lol metric system

I'll just keep hitting any red lanterns I see and donating eyeballs