Lost Ark Online

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I created a runoff guild for FOH on US East, for all the people over the cap, alts, etc. at least until the main guild levels up enough to raise the cap on people.

Search for Rerolledfoh

or send me an in-game message, my character's name is Bloodgod

Get your invite ASAP

Last edited:

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
and ding 50. The exp rate is nuts, absolutely no side quests needed and they still give you way too much exp.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Firesofheaven created on US West!! Request invite I guess? There's a chance I"m doing something wrong.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Have to say, this is some of the worst questing I've ever done, and I played New World. Lots of times where you are literally just riding your horse back and forth between two people in camp. The story is also hilariously bad in some places. I can see why they give you 2 level 50 boosts for free after leveling your first character, it would be cruel to make someone go through that again so soon.

Combat is fun when it happens. Most of the time it's just riding your horse at full speed through the zones and ignoring everything except the main story markers. Even dungeons you can skip most of the trash just leashing it or hopping across to another platform. Not sure if it changes 30+ or at end game, but it's kind of dumb that a game that prides itself on fun combat, borderline punishes you for using it. I'm guessing this is a relic of the game being older in Korea and them being mostly annoyed by the 1-50 game?

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Have to say, this is some of the worst questing I've ever done, and I played New World. Lots of times where you are literally just riding your horse back and forth between two people in camp. The story is also hilariously bad in some places. I can see why they give you 2 level 50 boosts for free after leveling your first character, it would be cruel to make someone go through that again so soon.

Combat is fun when it happens. Most of the time it's just riding your horse at full speed through the zones and ignoring everything except the main story markers. Even dungeons you can skip most of the trash just leashing it or hopping across to another platform. Not sure if it changes 30+ or at end game, but it's kind of dumb that a game that prides itself on fun combat, borderline punishes you for using it. I'm guessing this is a relic of the game being older in Korea and them being mostly annoyed by the 1-50 game?
That’s how I felt when I was in the beta. It was just like, why is it making me do this shit? The combat was fun but there wasn’t much of it at the start, it enough to make me want to keep playing. At least it’s fast, if I ever do pick it up I’ll just keep telling myself that.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
maybe I should post this in the "you know you are getting old"-thread but which of the 15 classes is the least button mashing for PvE?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A buddy and I played together all day taking things really slowly. He chose Paladin, I went Deathblade, and we made it to 25 before calling it quits for the day. We both had a great time and never had any lag or connection issues, so that's a plus.

I have absolutely no idea what the end-game looks like, but we're going to keep playing until it isn't fun anymore. I like what I've seen so far, so I'm optimistic I'll get some mileage out of the game.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Gf and I stopped at 34, Zerk and Sorc is pretty fun and big numbers. Thus far enjoying it and really want to try other classes as well.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Playing Soulfist, got to 22. Class felt very bad out of the box, but stacking cdr and a bunch of skill points later it has been pretty fun. One gripe I have is that you can't animation cancel with dodge.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Quick update for the guild since there's been a lot of PMs & interest:

We've filled up with about 7-9 people waiting for an invite. I'll be clearing the roster some more for lower ilvl folks that haven't logged in (pre-emptive apologies!). The goal there isn't to remove the casuals but rather to let those who are more active help push the guild up a level so we can invite everyone waiting (or in the alt guild) asap. If you get removed, feel free to just PM me and we'll figure out how to get you back in. Thanks to everyone for sticking it on with the server even if there was a lot of trepidation.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
If youre on the waiting list, message bloodgod in game or search for rerolledfoh so youre not missing out on rewards

• 2Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
For those struggling on a class, just a reminder that everyone gets two power passes upon completing the Vern MSQ, which unlocks a full 302 geared character of your choice (x2). Essentially, if you're 25-30ish and think that you may want another class, it may be worth just grinding it out (essentially 4-5 hours of work at that stage if you stick to MSQ only) to just unlock rather than re-doing that stuff again. The game opens up a fuckton at that point to with the actual fun shit:

1644402819061.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Our guild made it to mid to upper 20's and we are having a blast thus far. Very refreshing. Most of us had dabbled prior to the NA release so it was surprising to see just how many folks came over and really had a great time. It felt like a MMO launch of old without sitting in a chat or forum praying to get into a server but the initial rush was there.

I know very little about the late game but its been awhile since I looked forward to playing the next day like I am right now. Hope it lasts! It was good to find a game that the guild all felt strongly about as well.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Is there any reason to level an alt manually vs just using the power pass at max level? Waiting on a buddy to log in and didn't know if I should waste my time with another character.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

And here I was thinking they really did something great with the questing. It's still the annoying typical MMO stuff, but for instance, if you get one to talk to a bunch of NPC's, or gather material, you'll see about 10 nodes pop up and think "oh fuck." Except you generally only need 1, sometimes 2, and it auto completes.

It's great to skip the bullshit. I get it, we're collecting bear asses. They make it so you collect one and that's good, let's all move on.

Plus, as said, the dungeons and bigger set piece things from the main quest are incredibly epic feeling.

• 2Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
For those struggling on a class, just a reminder that everyone gets two power passes upon completing the Vern MSQ, which unlocks a full 302 geared character of your choice (x2). Essentially, if you're 25-30ish and think that you may want another class, it may be worth just grinding it out (essentially 4-5 hours of work at that stage if you stick to MSQ only) to just unlock rather than re-doing that stuff again. The game opens up a fuckton at that point to with the actual fun shit:

View attachment 397475
Are these passes really required? I know nothing beats insta max level character but it seems leveling in this game is really mad fast and easy now. Fox said it took him to get his paladin to 50 right under 8 or so hours just doing the main story quests. How long it took you to get to 50?

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Yes, it's nice in the same way that your husband COULD have hit you 3 times but only hit you once.

There is literally a quest where you're tasked to have some guy with a horn play music. You walk across the camp to find out he won't play because he has a sore throat, so you need to go get him some herbs. He can't get them himself because he is too lazy. You walk 5m to the right and loot some herbs, then hand them to him and he plays his horn.

I have to question why this is something MMOs want to torture you with? Why do they want you to do 50 levels of something that is completely unrelated to the end gameplay loop that isn't even good? It's 50 levels of clicking exclamation points so you can unlock the real game. The point of the game is that grinding mobs and the combat is good, then the game should just be 50 levels of grinding mobs and fighting. As it stands, those epic dungeons are best done by sprinting to the jump points and ignoring as much of the trash as possible.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users