Lost Ark Online

Goonsquad Officer
i got...through the tutorial last night. on gunlancer. i thought the f ight with the big crabscorpian was fun for a 'just starting' arpg style game. i liked reading the monster's tells and hitting my invuln so i could sit there and bash it while it did its little claw fiesta.

It's mildly retarded you can't use arrow keys or wasd to move. i know a chorus of "that's not how we do it" is going to come, but folks should have the option. if its non optimal, that's okay, folks will not use it in key moments. hilariously. it 'can' work. you can use a game pad and mouse just fine. you can use a game pad and keyboard and mouse all at once if you have 3 hands.

I imagine i'm going to sort out emulating game pad joystick pushes on wasd and then play the game like i've played isometic games for 25 years.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes, it's nice in the same way that your husband COULD have hit you 3 times but only hit you once.

There is literally a quest where you're tasked to have some guy with a horn play music. You walk across the camp to find out he won't play because he has a sore throat, so you need to go get him some herbs. He can't get them himself because he is too lazy. You walk 5m to the right and loot some herbs, then hand them to him and he plays his horn.

I have to question why this is something MMOs want to torture you with? Why do they want you to do 50 levels of something that is completely unrelated to the end gameplay loop that isn't even good? It's 50 levels of clicking exclamation points so you can unlock the real game. The point of the game is that grinding mobs and the combat is good, then the game should just be 50 levels of grinding mobs and fighting. As it stands, those epic dungeons are best done by sprinting to the jump points and ignoring as much of the trash as possible.
1644418670564.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
The point of the game is that grinding mobs and the combat is good, then the game should just be 50 levels of grinding mobs and fighting. As it stands, those epic dungeons are best done by sprinting to the jump points and ignoring as much of the trash as possible.
WTB lost ark-vampire survivors crossover

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm almost 14 hours in and only level 35. Started skipping side quests around level 15.

I suck.

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I know nothing about this game, but I've seen this thread on here for quite some time. Why are people suddenly playing and talking about this more?

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm almost 14 hours in and only level 35. Started skipping side quests around level 15.

I suck.

After the 40 minute queue, I spent a looong time making my toons look good. Which is pointless in this game. Yeah, not getting anywhere fast.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Played a few hours last night and made it to 14 or so. I'm taking my time as usual on first playthrough as you can only experience it once.

I played in Russia a bit, but not to very high level, mostly just tried different classes. Once I know I would enjoy the game I stopped and waited for NA release.

I made 4 characters to get my names, but still made them in the classes that I want and took my time to customized them and that took a while. :)

The game still look gorgeous to me even after all those years since it was first announced.

It should keep me busy for a while.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I am the guy who usually reads the quest text and likes taking in the atmosphere of the story and I'm just hammering G and esc whenever possible. Hopefully it gets better at some point... or at least less with this insufferable dink of a priest.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i got...through the tutorial last night. on gunlancer. i thought the f ight with the big crabscorpian was fun for a 'just starting' arpg style game. i liked reading the monster's tells and hitting my invuln so i could sit there and bash it while it did its little claw fiesta.

It's mildly retarded you can't use arrow keys or wasd to move. i know a chorus of "that's not how we do it" is going to come, but folks should have the option. if its non optimal, that's okay, folks will not use it in key moments. hilariously. it 'can' work. you can use a game pad and mouse just fine. you can use a game pad and keyboard and mouse all at once if you have 3 hands.

I imagine i'm going to sort out emulating game pad joystick pushes on wasd and then play the game like i've played isometic games for 25 years.
Yea. I can’t be the only one that thinks the controls are just confusing and dumb?

I feel like there is gonna be a new control scheme out there any moment that’s gonna fix shit!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Remapping skills to numbers so I could use my NAGA thumb-keypad made all the difference in the world for me. I just could not get a feel for the effective use of abilities before I did that.

• 2Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Reminder, for the few of us that are playing on US West, we do have a guild. Search Firesofheaven , and I’ll let you in.

I should get with Voldeth Voldeth to see if there are any tips for guilds I need to be doing.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Remapping skills to numbers so I could use my NAGA thumb-keypad made all the difference in the world for me. I just could not get a feel for the effective use of abilities before I did that.
I'd rather WASD movement so i can use my Orbweaver

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I recall there being a 'choose control layout' at the very outset that included a WASD option, but clearly I am misremembering. Seems weird that they would not include that.

Goonsquad Officer
Some one alluded on the reddit that the half keyboard things can be recognized as game pads and remapped to use WASD, but i don't have confirmation. i'm all in on the quest for WASDso i'll post my discoveries

Goonsquad Officer
I recall there being a 'choose control layout' at the very outset that included a WASD option, but clearly I am misremembering. Seems weird that they would not include that.
it does, but the contex is that they arn't asking how you want to arrow key move. they'r asking what nationality of keyboard you use. so they can make the hot keys report correctly.

their solution to wasd is SUCKIT. the steam controller works on the game pad. and if you use a key reader (like chroma synapses) the joystick just puts out arrow keys. but they must come from not your keyboard to be accepted.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yea. I can’t be the only one that thinks the controls are just confusing and dumb?

I feel like there is gonna be a new control scheme out there any moment that’s gonna fix shit!
It's really just about familiarity and building muscle memory. BDO was the same way. The control scheme "sucks" while leveling, because you're constantly swapping skills, trying new things, etc. Once you get your "build" settled, you move the skills to the keys that feel most comfortable and just slowly build muscle memory through repetition.

Believe me, when I first started getting serious about BDO's combat system, I thought "Holy fuck, this is some Asian Mode, APM nightmare that I'll never be able to master!". Well, 1-2 months of just repetition after repetition and your brain starts making those connections. I hate to inform you all, but we're pretty much ALL past our prime and those mental/muscle connections don't happen nearly as quickly as they did at 22.

• 2Like