Lost Ark Online

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So I am +7 on the gear and ran out of materials. Did the dailies, the weekly, the tower, mari, abyss, chaos, and platinum cube when the ticket drops. Is that it or did I miss something?

Ya. Start doing the islands.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
FYI if you need shards do the tower. I got 30k or so going to floor 28. I did up to 40 first on my zerk to make sure my others got only shards.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They changed some things with gathering. I don't know if its unique to NA/EU or not, but I haven't seen it in RU. Nodes with "10" or "20" just refer to what level of that gathering skill you need, and they give you a few more resources than a normal node. But, as far as tiers, I have no idea. Basically, when you want a specific item, like say a certain fish. The tooltip on that fish says what zone to catch it in. But, the zone map, the gathering info at the top right, is also supposed to tell you what you get there, but for the blue rarity fish it just says "fish." I'm still figuring out the changes, just haven't been focusing on it much yet.
Ah I think I got it, the tooltip thing helped me understand. I've only been doing mining/foraging/logging, and all of these have the exact same materials everywhere(just one white, one green and one blue type, and then the stronghold specific version, and foraging has shrooms too as a secondary type but again just 1 of each color). So for these, there's no advantage other than the purple nodes which I assume give more stuff, but need to be 20 for them(the ones in T2 that is, there's purple nodes in T1 too in the 50+ areas that only need 10).

For fishing/archeology/hunting however there is what you mentionned, references to specific places to get specific materials. While the wording is vague, it seems to just be tiers, so Caldan Carps are T2, Oreha carps are T3 only, on top of the standard pool of fishes from T1, and similar for the other 2 gathering skills. For these, using higher tier is worth it if you want the higher tier materials, which I believe is what's used for crafting the upgrade materials thing.

Makes more sense now, guess I'll just stick to T1 for logging/herbs/mining, until I have enough stock for stronghold upgrades and a good amount of pots. Not looking at the other tradeskills for now, mostly just making sure not to overcap.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I havent messed around with alts much, but question:

What is shared between your characters? I see roster storage, but what about shit like cards? or rapport levels? or strongholds? or pets? or those blue crystals you get from the founder packs?

Reason I ask is I'm not sure if the character I am playing will end up being my main, so I dont want to add stuff to this character I am playing right now and find out I essentially gimped myself on my "main" as a result

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I havent messed around with alts much, but question:

What is shared between your characters? I see roster storage, but what about shit like cards? or rapport levels? or strongholds? or pets? or those blue crystals you get from the founder packs?

Reason I ask is I'm not sure if the character I am playing will end up being my main, so I dont want to add stuff to this character I am playing right now and find out I essentially gimped myself on my "main" as a result
Cards, Rapport, Stronghold, Pets, - some things can be moved inbetween so long as saved to roster - However your charisma and shit isnt which is super fuckin stupid

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
However your charisma and shit isnt which is super fuckin stupid
That would be fuckin stupid. Except those "Rapport" stats are shared. The only difference should be the bonus stats you get from wearing a skin.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Cards, Rapport, Stronghold, Pets, - some things can be moved inbetween so long as saved to roster - However your charisma and shit isnt which is super fuckin stupid
Your dialogue stats are also shared, charisma and stuff. Only the ones on your costumes isn't, but stuff from pots/quests is.

For the original question, don't open anything that looks like you'd want to open on your main, just drop in roster storage and switch it later. If you can't put it in roster storage, well might as well open. In general, don't open anything you don't need right now. I just leave all the boxes in my storage until I know what I want to do with them. Takes less inventory slots that way too.

A lot of stuff is shared though, the notable things not shared would be your upgrade crystals things(harmony shards) even though they look like a currency(which otherwise are shared), costumes to an extent because opening them will make them work on specific class/subclass(so like Fighter, or only for Winddancer specifically, so unless your other char is also a winddancer, can't use) and can't think of much else but probably something. Obviously bound stuff is still bound unless it's bound to roster, so generic upgrade materials from quests/una quests will be bound to that char, gear you find that is bound to you and so on, but most of the progression stuff is account wide so you build up your overall account power over time not just your main's.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Hooooly shit, this game is fun. Got to level 24? on my first login.

Playing a paladin on West Coast - Enviska server.

Raes Raes tell me what I need to know or point me to the page in this thread that can!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

Raes Raes tell me what I need to know or point me to the page in this thread that can!
Get to 50 and complete as much of the Ark story as you possibly can and then follow this video. One of the best tips guides I've come across.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider

We have a channel on the FoH discord. Got any questions while you're playing, hit us up.

• 1Solidarity

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Your dialogue stats are also shared, charisma and stuff. Only the ones on your costumes isn't, but stuff from pots/quests is.

For the original question, don't open anything that looks like you'd want to open on your main, just drop in roster storage and switch it later. If you can't put it in roster storage, well might as well open. In general, don't open anything you don't need right now. I just leave all the boxes in my storage until I know what I want to do with them. Takes less inventory slots that way too.

A lot of stuff is shared though, the notable things not shared would be your upgrade crystals things(harmony shards) even though they look like a currency(which otherwise are shared), costumes to an extent because opening them will make them work on specific class/subclass(so like Fighter, or only for Winddancer specifically, so unless your other char is also a winddancer, can't use) and can't think of much else but probably something. Obviously bound stuff is still bound unless it's bound to roster, so generic upgrade materials from quests/una quests will be bound to that char, gear you find that is bound to you and so on, but most of the progression stuff is account wide so you build up your overall account power over time not just your main's.

Problem is you level a char to 50 and KT another - everything is shared but charisma and other shit - Youve done most shit already on first char now other char you wanted to make your main has a ton of things cut off unavailable - knowledge transfer does not transfer things like that. Hell a ton of my tome shit didnt transfer either tho that may be a bug.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Problem is you level a char to 50 and KT another - everything is shared but charisma and other shit - Youve done most shit already on first char now other char you wanted to make your main has a ton of things cut off unavailable - knowledge transfer does not transfer things like that. Hell a ton of my tome shit didnt transfer either tho that may be a bug.
There's nothing to transfer in those cases. Charisma (and the other stats) and adventure tome completion % is shared by all characters on your server. Adventure tome rewards are once per server. Don't know what else you could be referring to.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
If you level normally you gain charisma and other quest by tackling quest - if you knowledge transfer you dont get those points on the new character. I am not referring to adventure tome rewards, just at how when you complete a quest you may gain a point in kindness or couraage etc - that doesnt pass over to your new chat you used knowledge transfer on.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
If you level normally you gain charisma and other quest by tackling quest - if you knowledge transfer you dont get those points on the new character. I am not referring to adventure tome rewards, just at how when you complete a quest you may gain a point in kindness or couraage etc - that doesnt pass over to your new chat you used knowledge transfer on.

And I'm telling you you're wrong.

My main:

1645096717831.jpeg

A level 10 I just made:

1645096749545.jpeg

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think he means the quest rewards, you don't get them again on knowledge transfer chars since it skips stuff, but afaik you only get them once regardless?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I think he means the quest rewards, you don't get them again on knowledge transfer chars since it skips stuff, but afaik you only get them once regardless?

Read his post again. He specifically says "charisma" "kindness" and "courage." Those are the rewards he's talking about. Which have nothing to do with knowledge transfer. Every new character you make on a server will have the same exact stats, they are shared Roster wide. Just like they'll have all the skill points you've earned, except for the 6 sp you get for each level past 50.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Read his post again. He specifically says "charisma" "kindness" and "courage." Those are the rewards he's talking about. Which have nothing to do with knowledge transfer. Every new character you make on a server will have the same exact stats, they are shared Roster wide. Just like they'll have all the skill points you've earned, except for the 6 sp you get for each level past 50.
Yeah I mean when you do random sidequests, sometimes you get like +2 kindness. But I don't think you get that again if you do it on another char? Not entirely sure I don't have an easy way to test as those aren't noted anywhere so I'd need to do random sidequests until I find one that has this. I think he's saying you don't get all these stats from not leveling manually, like how you don't get the battle items and stuff like that. Although for the most part these are from sidequests, and afaik knowledge transfer doesn't complete side quests, only power pass does, so you should still be able to do most of it if you really wanted and assuming you can get them more than once.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Mana seems to be an odd resource. Playing a Paladin I've never once even noticed the blue bar move much less empty out and yet quite a few skills have mana efficiency options. When I PowerPassed a Sorcerer I did see mana matter, but only when I had the manashield thingy toggled on.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I mean when you do random sidequests, sometimes you get like +2 kindness. But I don't think you get that again if you do it on another char? Not entirely sure I don't have an easy way to test as those aren't noted anywhere so I'd need to do random sidequests until I find one that has this. I think he's saying you don't get all these stats from not leveling manually, like how you don't get the battle items and stuff like that. Although for the most part these are from sidequests, and afaik knowledge transfer doesn't complete side quests, only power pass does, so you should still be able to do most of it if you really wanted and assuming you can get them more than once.

Rapport stat rewards are once per Roster (account/server) and are shared with all your characters on that server. Like all these types of rewards, they are only given once.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Dude! Join us on the east coast man!

• 1Like