Lost Ark Online

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Oh shit I didn't know you could do it whenever, I thought you had to pay for it or earn it or something.

Cybsled

Ya respec of skills is free. So you can downgrade your noob skills as needed and reallocate them to abilities you actively use

Also, when you get back to that starting angel lady’s domain, you can use the combat simulation and play around with builds - including abilities you don’t have yet or skill points you don’t have yet

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh shit I didn't know you could do it whenever, I thought you had to pay for it or earn it or something.
There's a lot of stuff in the game that seems like it was built by actual gamers.

That's one, where you just assume you can't respec but you can at any time, anywhere. Compare to New World where the entire upside of the game was ruined by their decisions on respeccing.

That's why I think I'm enjoying it so much. All the stupid shit game designers put in seem to be missing from this one. It's just super friendly to play.

The grindiness comes from the sheer amount of stuff to do and not so much hassling the gamer.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There's a lot of stuff in the game that seems like it was built by actual gamers.

That's one, where you just assume you can't respec but you can at any time, anywhere. Compare to New World where the entire upside of the game was ruined by their decisions on respeccing.

That's why I think I'm enjoying it so much. All the stupid shit game designers put in seem to be missing from this one. It's just super friendly to play.

The grindiness comes from the sheer amount of stuff to do and not so much hassling the gamer.
Basically it does not waste your time with bullshit like travel time and other bullshit that makes other MMORPG not enjoyable. Literally like 2nd quest in game is to get a mount.

• 2Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
For a game with a cash shop its super weak - its like leaving money on the table not having a better selection of skins and reasons to use either currency other than Mari Shop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
For a game with a cash shop its super weak - its like leaving money on the table not having a better selection of skins and reasons to use either currency other than Mari Shop.
Ohh, based on the other regions they have a shit ton of awesome looking skins. In fact in one stream the dude was talking about how once a year they take the best fan art, which is voted on, and they make them into in game skins.

The reason why they dont have that shit in this region yet is for all the folks which bought the packs, so they dont seem like they got screwed with shit skins they paid for. But trust, they are coming.

Also they have legendary skins that you get in game piece by piece I guess.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Look into the rewards for all the different currencies and adventure tome stuff. You'd be surprised at how many free skins, mounts etc. there are in the game. It's hard to complain when you realize a ton of shit is just gated behind actual game play activities.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Look into the rewards for all the different currencies and adventure tome stuff. You'd be surprised at how many free skins, mounts etc. there are in the game. It's hard to complain when you realize a ton of shit is just gated behind actual game play activities.
I take that back, there is some stuff that's going to be super grindy like rapport and Una reputation. Just today I finally got a handle on running them all with my alts. I can see the value in having tons of alts, but eventually it seems like you hit a threshold where it becomes a job.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Ah - i want that badass white Paladin skin - Also my bonus gold founder pack came - but i had gold and plat so hopefully they double up !

-Nm got both already

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
On skill points, I farmed most of the ones that were available the past couple of days, it's nice being able to unlock one more skill at 7 or 10 and such. Rohendel 70% was quite a bitch cause so much of the food is retarded shit so you pretty much can't get that unlike many of the earlier areas, also one of the Other Story is locked behind 7 days of Una tasks there(Repair the Seal) so get on doing that asap if you want to get the skillpoints. This quest ALSO rewards a skill point potion, so basically doing it you can get 2. You can technically get 70% without it, but it's more costly/annoying. With all hidden stories, the couple of foods you can make, all monsters, both dungeons on normal and hard mode, the 2 other stories and obviously the MSQ, as well as a fair amount of collectable items, I got 70% but it was close.

So yeah if you haven't, start doing the Una task in Rohendel, set a bifrost at the end of the quest and work your way back to the NPC to make it more efficient. It rewards an average amount of harmony shards(or well T2 shards if you're in T2 and such), so it's not a bad daily anyway. Also don't do hard mode Phantasm Palace until you have the Return Trip quest unlocked to save time, since it requires you do Phantasm Palace up until one of the bosses(I think the mirror bitch but I don't know, I only noticed the quest was complete right before fighting last boss).

Only easily accessible ones I have left are 2nd tower floor 50, Feitan questline(it's time gated by quests appearing only after one day passes, although less long than rohendel stuff it looks like since I'm close to the end after 3ish days) and MAYBE 10 giant hearts. Once I get to T3 I can get a few more though. I'm at 306 points on a 50, once I finish feitan+2nd tower I'll be at 312 which is 6x 10, 1x 7 and 1x4 skills.

Last edited:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
On skill points, I farmed most of the ones that were available the past couple of days, it's nice being able to unlock one more skills at 7 or 10 and such. Rohendel 70% was quite a bitch cause so much of the food is retarded shit so you pretty much can't get that unlike many of the earlier areas, also one of the Other Story is locked behind 7 days of Una tasks there(Repair the Seal) so get on doing that asap if you want to get the skillpoints. This quest ALSO rewards a skill point potion, so basically doing it you can get 2. You can technically get 70% without it, but it's more costly/annoying. With all hidden stories, the couple of foods you can make, all monsters, both dungeons on normal and hard mode, the 2 other stories and obviously the MSQ, as well as a fair amount of collectable items, I got 70% but it was close.

So yeah if you haven't, start doing the Una task in Rohendel, set a bifrost at the end of the quest and work your way back to the NPC to make it more efficient. It rewards an average amount of harmony shards(or well T2 shards if you're in T2 and such), so it's not a bad daily anyway. Also don't do hard mode Phantasm Palace until you have the Return Trip quest unlocked to save time, since it requires you do Phantasm Palace up until one of the bosses(I think the mirror bitch but I don't know, I only noticed the quest was complete right before fighting last boss).

Only easily accessible ones I have left are 2nd tower floor 50, Feitan questline(it's time gated by quests appearing only after one day passes, although less long than rohendel stuff it looks like since I'm close to the end after 3ish days) and MAYBE 10 giant hearts. Once I get to T3 I can get a few more though. I'm at 306 points on a 50(my main is 51 so 312)

I'll be doing that this weekend now that i can use my desktop again

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah since I reached T2 and finished up the islands for that and all, I have plenty of time to spend doing random stuff which feels nice, been clearing out sidequests with decent rewards, farming skill points, leveling my demon hunter and such. I should technically grind more but not in a hurry now, I'll get to T3 in a few days of doing this slow pace stuff anyway and once I'm there it's even more relaxed I think.

I just wish they had released with more classes, out of the classes available not many interest me for more alts, while I'd like to alt Summoner, Arcana and Lance Master. Maybe I'll make a Paladin to fuck around with.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Well I got a level 50 paladin (my main), 50 gunlancer and now I’m leveling a scrapper in the mid 30s. Out the three I’m having the most fun with the scrapper. It’s a blast leveling her. I took her to Trixion, followed the shock and taijutsu build guides and I gotta say the taijutsu build is fucking amazing. Shock build wasn’t bad but taijutsu feels so much better. I remember a few streamers saying how powerful scrappers were in T3 and once it’s available in NA/EU they will be playing one. Anyone else playing a scrapper and can give feedback on the class?

So as of now paladin is my primary main while scrapper will be my secondary. I’ll use my gunlancer, beswrker and either deathblade or shadow hunter to funnel gold to my paladin.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I main scrapper, it's fun but dmg is so so. Apparently that's an accepted fact in KR, it's not a bad class but not a good one either, but that also means they likely will get some sort of small buff during the balancing they're doing later this year. I'm doing Taijutsu cause Shock is too slow plus you have to manage your energies like when lvling, but Taijutsu you just mash whatever is up. The skills are nice too for Taijutsu, and you have a ton of movement(baseline with the basic 50 build you have 4 abilities that move you, 5 if you get tiger strike to apply your synergy debuff and level it up to 7), big stagger, good destruction, insanely good counter skills(and you can slot 2 of them if you want so you can counter a lot of stuff). Just yeah dmg isn't great apparently, and also their aoe is kinda lacking, chaos dungeons aren't like terrible, but they're definitely not great on my scrapper, Shock is better for that though but I can't be assed switching between stuff.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man, I just don't know.

I'm "maining" my deathblade right now, and I enjoy it, but I also have a paladin and bard alt. Enjoy the paladin, enough so that I may make it my main. Bard I don't love. My 4th I created on day one is a scrapper that I intended to play as my main, but I haven't logged in yet (I guess technically I have a martial artist at this point).

And then I see all these other classes that look good that aren't released. Shit is hard.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Man, I just don't know.

I'm "maining" my deathblade right now, and I enjoy it, but I also have a paladin and bard alt. Enjoy the paladin, enough so that I may make it my main. Bard I don't love. My 4th I created on day one is a scrapper that I intended to play as my main, but I haven't logged in yet.

And then I see all these other classes that look good that aren't released. Shit is hard.

I like the fact that all classes have an appeal - its a thing you can really only find in ARPG's which is another reason to like the game.

I have a 50 Pal, Zerk, Gun, Scrap, and Gunslinger - Zerk and Pal are equal for fun but Pal is infinitely more useful thus im raising his gear level the most. I wish i did him first honestly since he'd be in T2 by now.

• 2Like