Lost Ark Online

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You do need to eventually though, because otherwise you end up fucking yourself on t1 mats. I kept complaining in chat about how I was short and would be stuck getting to t2, but it turns out a lot of island stuff is locked behind finishing msq on various continents.

I finished it all up and suddenly had just enough materials to hit t2. Like magic.
I knew you skipped something. I was just baffled when you were 517 and out of mats.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Completed my goal and got to T3 without using weekly or the attendance items (saving them for T3) and got my last skill points. Just missing Sasha's rep for my 10th giant's heart.

The alt army is now fully functional and should start progressing steadily. Time for the first real grind to begin!

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
This really helped me with all of the bullshit with currencies. The amount of systems has been nuts and quite overwhelming.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is completion progress shared between alts? Would boosting an alt give me progress towards pre 50 side quests if i didn't do them? Been thinking of the best way to go about completion for skill points and just leveling a new character without a boost seems like the easiest way to 100% each area but im not sure if its even needed with boosts.
Was wondering the same thing. Since you can't repeat the msq for exp, I'm guessing I should run my 4th char through and do all the side quests and purple quests I didn't hit?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I knew you skipped something. I was just baffled when you were 517 and out of mats.
The only island I "missed" was glacier, and you need to finish Arthetine to unlock the guy in Peyto (thanks whoever it was in the guild that figured it out).

I also didn't finish the Starlight Isle questline not realizing it gave more, but it was a fucking slog to get through. It actually gave a ton.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Using power pass will complete all these quests and they are account wide since it'd make no sense for ppl to be able to farm stat or skill potions with every alt they level(and it'd be horrible if you had to do them on every char). It's the easiest way to complete everything, but you forfeit some of the rewards from the quests that are not roster wide like items and such. It's not that much but it's some stuff. Personally I just boosted right away, also auto completes awakening quest.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
This really helped me with all of the bullshit with currencies. The amount of systems has been nuts and quite overwhelming.

It's a Korean MMO, what do you expect? This is how they work, and is absolutely nothing new. I think Elyon had over 30 different currencies with more than 50 different types of "upgrades" you could do. They introduce a myriad of upgrade systems all using different currencies obtained in different ways throughout everything. Eventually the upgrade costs get so high you feel forced to relieve the time gate by opening your wallet. Then EVERY system starts working like this. The best is when they start doing things like releasing things like collectable stuff.

LA is doing well, simply because they have taken the approach to give way, way, way more "free" time before they bitch slap you with a paywall. And you all can bet your ass you're going to hit it. In 2 years, this game will be dead as shit in the West, just like every other Korean MMO.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's a Korean MMO, what do you expect? This is how they work, and is absolutely nothing new. I think Elyon had over 30 different currencies with more than 50 different types of "upgrades" you could do. They introduce a myriad of upgrade systems all using different currencies obtained in different ways throughout everything. Eventually the upgrade costs get so high you feel forced to relieve the time gate by opening your wallet. Then EVERY system starts working like this. The best is when they start doing things like releasing things like collectable stuff.

LA is doing well, simply because they have taken the approach to give way, way, way more "free" time before they bitch slap you with a paywall. And you all can bet your ass you're going to hit it. In 2 years, this game will be dead as shit in the West, just like every other Korean MMO.
A lot of these currencies aren't stuff you can buy, it's just your usual "this activity rewards its own currency and you need it to buy things related to that activity" kind of thing. FFXIV has the same shit, WoW also does. PvP currency, dungeon currency, raid currency, casual recreative content currency and so on. It's just in Lost Ark you're playing a 3years old game, so there's a bunch of currency already and they throw boxes of free currency at you all over the place so you don't know where they actually come from which also makes it hard to guess what they're used for.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think that launch celebration pack I linked earlier should show up at around noon(PST) today. Looking forward to the mount it has in it. Also the bonus founders stuff

Aazrael

I got 50 and went to Vern, unlocked the Chaos gate and Guardians but my iLVL is only 242 so can't do them or buy gear from AH. Both need 250 iLVL. Whats the fastest way to get there? Just continue Vern quests?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I got 50 and went to Vern, unlocked the Chaos gate and Guardians but my iLVL is only 242 so can't do them or buy gear from AH. Both need 250 iLVL. Whats the fastest way to get there? Just continue Vern quests?

Finish Shushire questline to get a free set of 302 gear

I think that launch celebration pack I linked earlier should show up at around noon(PST) today. Looking forward to the mount it has in it. Also the bonus founders stuff

Weird we got our founders yesterday - but yeah the celebration pack is later i assume since it wasnt there yet

• 1Like

Daidraco

So have you played lost ark? Do you know its this way in this game? Its weird that the game is four years old in Korea and growing, yet you say its dead.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems weird, I always had 250+ by that point, I think cause Arthetine and North Vern rewards 250 gear from the quests? You opened all the boxes you have in your bag? Otherwise yeah as mentionned you can just keep doing the story to Shushire and get 302 there instead of chaos dungeons. Shushire takes a while though it's a full zone.

Cybsled

I hate the "currency to buy a currency to buy a currency" type of shit, though. It's an intentional means of obscuring the value of something, especially when RMT is involved.

• 1Solidarity

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So have you played lost ark? Do you know its this way in this game? Its weird that the game is four years old in Korea and growing, yet you say its dead.

Right, most korean MMOs do great in korea, because over there cash shops, and complicated systems tied in with money are very popular and well liked by players. Same with general Pay to Win in china, players love that shit over there and willingly spend on the games. I didn't say it's dead. I said it's GOING TO BE dead in the WEST in TWO YEARS. Did you even read what I said?

Dungeon Fighter Online has over 100 million players in asia, and here there's not even 500 logged on at any one time. In fact, it's one of the largest grossing games in history because of its pay to win mechanics, and many still haven't even heard of it.

I'm not ditching on LA, just look forward to the salt when the paywalls hit. It's one of those games that sucks that its going to be so monetized.

I'm sure everyones seen this hilarious video, time stamped to progression. This is pretty much exactly how all these korean MMOs work.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
There's no paywall. Some people throw down cash because they don't want to wait. I've played in RU for 2 years, the only thing I've spent money on was 3 character slots and 2 level 50 boosts. I have cash shop costumes on all 9 toons on my main account, and 100k gold. I can make like 30-40k gold a week if I feel like putting in the time.

There's a Korean streamer who is known as "the f2p guy" who has like 24 characters at max GS and never spent a dime.

Edit: This guy:

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So I CTRL + Left-Clicked a bunch of shit into my pet inventory from my inventory, but it's not showing up... Did that shit just disappear?

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I am still waiting for this this pay wall, having played on KR since launch and being unable to purchase anything on the cash shop there. I'm also at the final tier in this release and I still have not spent a dime. Actually, doing some math, gold sellers are asking for $5USD per 1k gold. I'm at 172k Gold. Is a paywall where you make money playing a game without ever spending?

Either one of two things seems to be occurring;

1) People who have not played the game in any capacity to properly understand the currencies (albeit, they are needlessly complicated / numerous) are commenting about the aforementioned currencies and making those of us who have played / are playing laugh.

2) I'm not playing the game correctly and should be going to some secret ninja shop where I enter my credit card to get a bunch of extra currencies.

If it's (2), can someone let me know where to go? Thanks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

I just wasted my time watching that video. The video mentions stuff thats not in the western version (yet?). Then tops it off with buying gear off the auction house that isnt even being done yet for people that are starting late. Then to top it off, that gear isnt even tradeable in the western version. I'm legit trying to not defend the game and Im waiting to see how someone gets ahead in the game but nothing is even coming up that makes sense. This argument is just so tiring. Especially since pulling out your wallet in these hypothetical situations just rushes you to end game and then you're doing... what? What is the actual point in doing that in PVE?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I just wasted my time watching that video. The video mentions stuff thats not in the western version (yet?). Then tops it off with buying gear off the auction house that isnt even being done yet for people that are starting late. Then to top it off, that gear isnt even tradeable in the western version. I'm legit trying to not defend the game and Im waiting to see how someone gets ahead in the game but nothing is even coming up that makes sense. This argument is just so tiring. Especially since pulling out your wallet in these hypothetical situations just rushes you to end game and then you're doing... what? What is the actual point in doing that in PVE?
It's just like I said - people commenting on how the game "works" because they watched a YouTube video or read a Reddit thread. 99% of these "lol p2w enjoy your copium" people don't even play LA.

• 1Like