Lost Ark Online

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What server/thingy you on, Draco?
Im on Regulus with most of the other people here. Feel bad for people that didnt roll with a large group cause I feel like this is the worst Ive seen PUG groups in any MMO. Hell, its got ESO beat (imo) and those people generally ARE house wives.

Edaw Edaw I think how people want to play their class is generally fine when they have a basic understanding and it looks like you do. Its when people are using holding skills on bosses and shit that its like.. Gd man, just read a guide or something. They have no idea why this rune is good with that skill, why this skill works great in chaos but is shit in Guardians and so on. The only flip side to this is that so far, I dont think we have any content that needs meta type builds for ultimate DPS and ultimate survival. I cant wait for us to get that content, however, cause it means we're actually doing content with each other in the guild.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Has anyone come across a honing strategy with the proof/math available? PoE players do an APA formatted thesis paper on Reddit every time the smallest of variable changes. I had expected something from the Korean community but I'm not finding one.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Has anyone come across a honing strategy with the proof/math available? PoE players do an APA formatted thesis paper on Reddit every time the smallest of variable changes. I had expected something from the Korean community but I'm not finding one.

Yes. There is one honing strat to rule them all. It's +Au=Success.

Seriously, though, it's just a matter of looking at honing the correct way. People tend to look at it backwards. It's not about trying to get a success before pity kicks in. It's about figuring out how much gold you need to reach pity and shooting for that. Any time you get an upgrade without pity is just a discount.

Other than that, I seem to remember someone posting a chart that shows where you get the best value for Solars and shit. I thought it was in this thread?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I would just like to say that making Heart's Melody not roster bound is massive faggotry. And also that whoever designed floor 24 of the second tower, the one with a bunch of missiles and lasers and bombs, can eat my asshole.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
For some reason ranked pvp doesn't count for the pvp guild mission, that's kinda fucking stupid, I don't want to do unranked for it, so guess I can't get the 560 bloodthings.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I would just like to say that making Heart's Melody not roster bound is massive faggotry. And also that whoever designed floor 24 of the second tower, the one with a bunch of missiles and lasers and bombs, can eat my asshole.
Heart's melody is roster wide. You're having the issue that's been reported on the forums but I've not seen any replies from devs/cm on it. The 24th floor was the hardest for me on berserker.

EDIT: is that the song you get from Beatrice after doing the KT? if so you may have missed that.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Heart's melody is roster wide. You're having the issue that's been reported on the forums but I've not seen any replies from devs/cm on it. The 24th floor was the hardest for me on berserker.

EDIT: is that the song you get from Beatrice after doing the KT? if so you may have missed that.
No heart's melody is not roster wide. You have to do Tortoyk to get it. I had the same issue when I got to Punika on my Shadowhunter which I manually leveled, I skipped Tortoyk and had to go clear most of it to get the song.

All the story songs are character specific, not roster wide. You're kinda forced to have Trixion/Recall/Escape/Valor since you can't skip this continent, but Heart of Melody is skippable, until it isn't. Obviously this only affects chars you manually level, since powerpass/knowledge transfer will autocomplete all story quests.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I skipped Tortoyk on my main and my quest log was full of shit that needed hearts melody. Luckily it took like an hour and a half to clear tortoyk. Just annoying.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I skipped Tortoyk on my main and my quest log was full of shit that needed hearts melody. Luckily it took like an hour and a half to clear tortoyk. Just annoying.
Well you need it to get into T3 so yeah have to do it regardless, it was quite the cockblock starting Punika then having to go back and rush that Tortoyk shit to continue. It isn't too too long, and I had some early parts completed to get the engraving book quests, and you can skip the 2nd dungeon at the end since you get the song right before it, but yeah it was annoying. I'm unlikely to relvl a char manually ever again though, unless there's some sort of leveling event that specifically forces you to for a new class or some shit. Hell I probably should have just knowledge transferred my Shadowhunter too but it felt like a good idea to do my adventure tomes as I was leveling to "save time" but not sure I saved much in the end.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Quick guild update for those that are interested / schedule henceforth. In an effort to allow those that prefer to do things as a guild (which should be anyone not braindead) from this point on, we'll be doing the following:

1- Argos (P1 & P2 learning) at 8PM EST on Thursday's.
2- HM T3 Abyss at 8PM EST. on Saturday Normal T3 Abyss at 9 - 9:30 PM EST (based on when HM finishes) on Saturday as well.
3- Alt T2 8 man runs on Tuesday's at 8PM EST.

You should absolutely expect that we will wipe a bunch and may need to pug additional slots. The idea here is to keep things organized and follow the above schedule on a weekly basis. Of course, everyone is free to do their own thing - the above is just the schedule that I'll be sending out invites and checking for in guild. There remains absolutely no obligation to make these days but the goal is to have a group ready for eventual legion raids that is well coordinated together.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Well you need it to get into T3 so yeah have to do it regardless, it was quite the cockblock starting Punika then having to go back and rush that Tortoyk shit to continue. It isn't too too long, and I had some early parts completed to get the engraving book quests, and you can skip the 2nd dungeon at the end since you get the song right before it, but yeah it was annoying. I'm unlikely to relvl a char manually ever again though, unless there's some sort of leveling event that specifically forces you to for a new class or some shit. Hell I probably should have just knowledge transferred my Shadowhunter too but it felt like a good idea to do my adventure tomes as I was leveling to "save time" but not sure I saved much in the end.
I was going to complete it at some point anyway because autism and I had some quests that required getting to the end of the entire area anyway. Took 90 minutes to clear everything out including post completion quests and both dungeons.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
No heart's melody is not roster wide. You have to do Tortoyk to get it. I had the same issue when I got to Punika on my Shadowhunter which I manually leveled, I skipped Tortoyk and had to go clear most of it to get the song.

All the story songs are character specific, not roster wide. You're kinda forced to have Trixion/Recall/Escape/Valor since you can't skip this continent, but Heart of Melody is skippable, until it isn't. Obviously this only affects chars you manually level, since powerpass/knowledge transfer will autocomplete all story quests.
Weird. I just checked all of my alts and they all have it. I've only done Tortoyk on two characters. I definitely did not do it on the KT characters that only do chaos dungeons. Which song is mailed to the character after talking to Beatrice following the first KT? That must be it?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Weird. I just checked all of my alts and they all have it. I've only done Tortoyk on two characters. I definitely did not do it on the KT characters that only do chaos dungeons. Which song is mailed to the character after talking to Beatrice following the first KT? That must be it?
There's no such thing? Only thing you're mailed when you talk to beatrice on an alt is awakening/50 skill, 2nd awakening and kharmine island token.

The char that's just doing chaos dungeons is either power passed or KTed, or you did tortoyk on them if you leveled them by hand. You can check by making a new char until you unlock songs in Prideholme, and you'll see you're missing all the story songs, including heart's melody. Or you can go back like 4-5pages and you'll find a post where I posted the screen when I did it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Have we seen this before??
Yeah it's been bugging the chat too, but apparently anyone using this eats a 24hours suspension instantly, so probably not a great idea to do. Not sure how they manage to get that shit in this game when they did the exact same thing in New World though, but eh.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Absolutely hate the guild system here. Only limited amount of chars can join...in a game where having multiple alts is all but required. Have joined about 10 diff guilds so far, all almost at char cap, and all only have 1 or 2 people logged in at any given time because it turns out that it seems to be every guild is basically 5 people with 6 alts each, and if 1 or 2 of them are not online, guilds are a ghost town.

Shit ass system.

I just want to join one to hear people conversate about the game and learn as I go, as it is...can only sit on my ship and watch spam as there is zero banter in the 1-50 world except gold sellers.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I stopped at that level too, and just finished it a couple days ago at ilvl 1374 or so.

The towers were kind of fun, but also sort of awful with the design. It's like boss fights that make you play DDR, except they made entire floors with just that. And a sprinkle of RNG.

I'm glad to be done with it, but I do need to run alts through it occasionally for mats, and that sucks.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Absolutely hate the guild system here. Only limited amount of chars can join...in a game where having multiple alts is all but required. Have joined about 10 diff guilds so far, all almost at char cap, and all only have 1 or 2 people logged in at any given time because it turns out that it seems to be every guild is basically 5 people with 6 alts each, and if 1 or 2 of them are not online, guilds are a ghost town.

Shit ass system.

I just want to join one to hear people conversate about the game and learn as I go, as it is...can only sit on my ship and watch spam as there is zero banter in the 1-50 world except gold sellers.
No one uses the main FoH guild chat at all anymore, it all goes to the little chat room thing. Which actually works out well because when I switch to an alt I can still follow the conversation. Bonus is that it just uses the character name I set as main so no one else gets lost.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
24 often takes me a few runs to get right but overall it's not so bad. The worst floors imo are both in T2 tower, floor 45 and floor 49. 45 is just a huge pita if you're not ranged because the ground is often spammed with circles, and getting hit once often just leads to a 100% death, so you have to spend extensive time just dodging which makes it hard to get dmg in. It was really fucking annoying on paladin due to being both melee and a support.

49 I just hate because while T1 50 wasn't so bad, the golems around the arena just make everything way fucking stupid, you get caught once and you just get ping ponged all over the place and you have to pray you get moved into a spot that's not going to result in just dying. It's too RNG, and it also severely punishes character with long animations and/or slow movement, since it's very hard to dodge the circle and not get clipped by golems with min speed, and you have to do it a ton of times if you can't unleash a bunch of dmg. This one was ironically easier on Bard/Paladin since I built mine with swiftness and they have pretty strong burst. It's also really fucking stupid on classes with big effects, on sorc it was really annoying because I couldn't fucking see what he was doing if I used certain spells. I swap engravings to spirit absorption on that one to make it less shit, and keep ult to burst him down in the last bit.

T2 50 I also usually spend a few tries to kill but at least I find it enjoyable, there isn't too much bullshit, besides "charge into a wall, then turn around and do the 90%dmg beam swipe move" which is really fucking stupid.

T1 tower overall I'd say is fine, there's a few gotcha floors but it's all pretty easy, it's just super slow going with all the floors that are just "trash mobs spawn for 2mins".

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No one uses the main FoH guild chat at all anymore, it all goes to the little chat room thing. Which actually works out well because when I switch to an alt I can still follow the conversation. Bonus is that it just uses the character name I set as main so no one else gets lost.
On discord?