Lost Ark Online

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Same complaints we saw in New World. Somehow the largest server hosting company in the country can't be assed to utilize that infrastructure for their own products.

All about saving every little penny. Same reason a company with their funds cant hire actual GMs to police the very obvious botting. A much more important problem, imo, and they still are too cheap to solve it as best as possible and keep trying little half fixes here and there that do almost nothing.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Toss $50 at this game since I am a moron and figured I have put pretty my 1k hours into this since release so it was deserving of that much. Only reason I spent anything it due to the forced cost of character slots and no other way of obtaining them. Still feels like shit since there is nothing of value even remotely close to what the founders shit I missed out on was but whatever. So I basically have enough to open up another 7 character slots and went ahead and joined the retard squad and made an Lancer with that express event bullshit goddamn do you just plow through ilvl. Fucking made the shit yesterday and between a couple of chaos runs and the spire I am almost 600 already which will be annoying since I will out level the stupid mission thing by a lot. Oh well doing a couple of shit tier guardians an extra time or two won't be a big deal. I feel like the dipshit that wasted that express thing on top of a power pass kind of kicked themselves in the dick.

I am looking forward to the update since it's only a week out and glad to have some new content to do but this will kind of be the make or break for me of how much I will bother with the game going forward. People say the raids are where the game really picks up but right now it's just a repetitive slog of bullshit chores while you constantly fall behind faggots doing RMT and botting. I couldn't care less about the whale fags but it really seems fucking stupid to grind out shit when Tommy McDickAmerican Inventor with his 300 bot crew doing infinite chaos is sitting at 1490 with 1000000000000 shards banked while you are pissing your time down the toilet.

The one thing I will constantly say this game has going for it is the combat is fun, the classes are unique enough and fun to find a playstyle you enjoy, but it's really not an MMORPG. 99.9% of this game is just solo grind/chores with the sliver of group content which can feel rewarding the first time you see it.

Right now my main is sitting at 1430 and we'll see how close I can push that to 1445 in a week might get there might get fucked in the asshole all depends on how shitty the honing gods feel. Aside from that I have 2 alts at 1370, 2 at 1340, 1 that just hit t3, and a new lancemaster, I still have my feiton powerpass I may use on the new hammertard but I am still debating on that.

Honestly I am not sure what's more efficient useful at the moment. If I should push the other alts up to 1370 and park them for a while or if I should try and push another up higher. If the patch really makes the game feel rewarding with Valtan and stuff I can see me playing this for a while because as I said the combat is typically enjoyable, but if Amazon is really going to do jack and fucking shit about RMT and Bots making the goddamn crystal cost and everything else skyrocket then I just don't have the patience to devalue my fucking time to that degree. The only options at that point are hop on the faggot bangwagon and cheat and exploit as well or just uninstall this shit and find a company that isn't going to piss in your face and tell you it's rain.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The game suffers from an inverse fun to content ratio.

The most fun content is gated to being weekly, whereas the shit everyone hates is daily.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
The game suffers from an inverse fun to content ratio.

The most fun content is gated to being weekly, whereas the shit everyone hates is daily.

Which is the gap that Legion raids will alleviate. It's basically an extra night where you're doing nothing but the fun stuff (only, it's actually really fun) and a second night while learning. Effectively you'll have: 1) Legion raids day 2) HM/NM Abyss run day. There is still a gap of time here where you're effectively still doing the same daily shit but really, at this stage, hopefully most people can reduce this so that it's only being done on 2-3 characters a day (with more only if you want to pump a lot). It won't satisfy everyone and if the game is tiring for you, I doubt it'll resolve it but I do find having an MMO with two days of good content a week to focus on to be right in the 'right' amount of time for me to commit to an MMO.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I find that the game just stops being fun when you reach that wall that requires the daily slog through chaos dungeons, Guardians and Uni missions. This game would never have left the ground if not for the class combat system which is the only thing this game does right.

Having to have ALTS just to increase the progression rate for your main is a stupid idea. ALTS are meant to be fun. Oh, and I love how ALTS are pretty much required but they penalize your ability to hand down gear to them. I still play but I refuse to run more than 4 characters. I mind/boggle at the players who have 7+. How the fuck does a person repeat the exact same content 7 times. Yes the combat is a little different but it is still just doing damage to a mob that you have killed 13 times already..........today.

The amount of play time required to get 1450 at this stage in the game is ...........immense. The game is not Pay to Win but it is Pay to play a lot easier. As in being easily capable of just beating the content and then looking good doing it as you flash your super sparkly weapon that you hit +20 with.

I play 4 characters that each are pretty distinct. My main is the only real tank in the game the Gunlancer which I enjoy a lot. Then I have my DPS with the Arty cause I like the Mushroom cloud attack. I then use the Paladin as he is one of 2 true support classes. My last is a Sorc but it is my least favorite as they are tissue paper in comparison to the other 3 classes I play.

It is in a few ways worse than WoW. I played ALTS in Wow because I wanted to try the classes out, not due to this feeling of obligation for my main.

I will try out the new raid but I doubt I will be 1415 when it hits. I will be curious to see if they create a catch up mechanic to get up to 1415.

As for not doing anything about just Botting your way up to 1490......it is pretty stupid.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Which is the gap that Legion raids will alleviate. It's basically an extra night where you're doing nothing but the fun stuff (only, it's actually really fun) and a second night while learning. Effectively you'll have: 1) Legion raids day 2) HM/NM Abyss run day. There is still a gap of time here where you're effectively still doing the same daily shit but really, at this stage, hopefully most people can reduce this so that it's only being done on 2-3 characters a day (with more only if you want to pump a lot). It won't satisfy everyone and if the game is tiring for you, I doubt it'll resolve it but I do find having an MMO with two days of good content a week to focus on to be right in the 'right' amount of time for me to commit to an MMO.
I'm getting better with it. I'm getting a lot closer to finishing all the una's, I've got just 3 continents (Yorn, Feiton, South Vern) where I need to finish up cooking and stuff but the rest is rapport, I'm basically done mokokos, need one more masterpiece (for rune), and one more island for the legendary upgrade.

For the most part I'm doing rested guardians and chaos, outside of on my main and Yoho on my 1370+ alt. So I can wrap it up pretty early in the day. I play a lot Thursday through Saturday and then it tapers off where I barely log in at all in the afternoons the rest of the week.

Wish the events right now were better so I could push 1415, cause right now I get 1-2 fails on my main and it's donezo for the day. But otherwise I've hit a pretty good stride with it all. I'll eventually hit a point where I probably only run the gold procyon islands, and if Moake would stop being a bitch I'd probably stop caring about those too.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Multi character isn't as bad as y'all make it especially right now. I log in and out in an hour most days running the 9 char rested rotation. If I am not busy with work I will sometimes do the others out of rotation. I do wish there was more meaningful content to do, but at this point I'm doing 5 argos a week (1 p3, 2 p2, 2 p1) plus all the dungeon runs and I'm close to hitting 1370 on a sixth char so soon another +1 to argos/dungeons. The amount of content is only going to increase to the point where I doubt it'll be sustainable for me later on as I don't want to play 30-40 hours a week. I still wish I did 2-3 classes and stacked them instead of 9 different ones though for the sake of engravings/gems. Right now on top of all the honing mats I usually accrue enough gems each week to make a 7 for my main which is nice as well.

I finished the event pass yesterday on Gunlancer. Almost all the T1/T2 stuff was wasted, but the rest was worth 4M silver, bunch of cards etc.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
One of the big faults of LA to me is the fact that they all but force you to run the "boring" content so many fucking times. The reason most people find the "daily grind" such a fucking grind in the first place is that you have to do it 3-6x/day. If I only had to run 2x chaos dungeons, 2x guardians, and 3 Una's? No problem, I could knock that out in 30 minutes or so. But, 6+ chaos, 6+ guardians, and 9 Una's? Yeah, no wonder people think it's such a slog. Remember how we all fucking hated /ooc 48 Druid LFG!! and getting pissed that it took 1-2 hours a day before we could even START having "fun" in EQ? That's Lost Ark. Sure, as more weekly content gets introduced to help with gold/mat production, you can back off a little. But, if you aren't alting, you're going to be waaaaay behind - if nothing else, your gold in vs. out is going to be in the toilet.

Like somebody said, if it weren't for LA's combat system being one of the best in the business, the game really has very little to offer in the "fun" department. It's all daily chores, collectible/fetch quest bullshit, and RNG madness obfuscated by a really stellar combat system.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
People keep saying stuff like that, but there's no way it takes you an hour unless you're literally just running lopang on all 9 chars and that's it. Just doing one character with 3x una, 2x chaos, 2x guardian, and loading screens you're probably at least at a half hour.

If you're completely forgoing anything procyon (bosses, gates, ghost ship, islands), running cubes or boss rush, and letting rested bonus go to waste, sure, I guess I could buy that. Otherwise you're full of shit. Hell, add in just one character doing 2x abyss and Argos and you're already clocking in at least another hour.

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I find that the game just stops being fun when you reach that wall that requires the daily slog through chaos dungeons, Guardians and Uni missions. This game would never have left the ground if not for the class combat system which is the only thing this game does right.

Having to have ALTS just to increase the progression rate for your main is a stupid idea. ALTS are meant to be fun. Oh, and I love how ALTS are pretty much required but they penalize your ability to hand down gear to them. I still play but I refuse to run more than 4 characters. I mind/boggle at the players who have 7+. How the fuck does a person repeat the exact same content 7 times. Yes the combat is a little different but it is still just doing damage to a mob that you have killed 13 times already..........today.

The amount of play time required to get 1450 at this stage in the game is ...........immense. The game is not Pay to Win but it is Pay to play a lot easier. As in being easily capable of just beating the content and then looking good doing it as you flash your super sparkly weapon that you hit +20 with.

I play 4 characters that each are pretty distinct. My main is the only real tank in the game the Gunlancer which I enjoy a lot. Then I have my DPS with the Arty cause I like the Mushroom cloud attack. I then use the Paladin as he is one of 2 true support classes. My last is a Sorc but it is my least favorite as they are tissue paper in comparison to the other 3 classes I play.

It is in a few ways worse than WoW. I played ALTS in Wow because I wanted to try the classes out, not due to this feeling of obligation for my main.

I will try out the new raid but I doubt I will be 1415 when it hits. I will be curious to see if they create a catch up mechanic to get up to 1415.

As for not doing anything about just Botting your way up to 1490......it is pretty stupid.
The daily chores are a turn off. I like the chaos / guardian dungeons well enough, but not every day. So only do them on weekends, and maybe once during the week if I feel like logging on. It really hurts progression if you don't do them every day though. Confirmed altaholic so this game is great that way, but most of my alts are still scrubs that can't contribute to my main.

Don't mind giving money to a game but usually only for cosmetics. Prefer to progress by playing the game. For me it's just more satisfying to beat the content by actually playing with gear earned in game, and not have my credit card (or a bot) do it.

But that puts me way behind content wise and out of the endgame. The Koreans have always done a great job at making you want to pull out the credit card to keep up.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
People keep saying stuff like that, but there's no way it takes you an hour unless you're literally just running lopang on all 9 chars and that's it. Just doing one character with 3x una, 2x chaos, 2x guardian, and loading screens you're probably at least at a half hour.

If you're completely forgoing anything procyon (bosses, gates, ghost ship, islands), running cubes or boss rush, and letting rested bonus go to waste, sure, I guess I could buy that. Otherwise you're full of shit. Hell, add in just one character doing 2x abyss and Argos and you're already clocking in at least another hour.

I run 2x chaos ~6 mins, 2 yoho ~10 mins x3 each day. I insta pass my unas on my main 3 and I don't even bother with Lopang or dailies on any other char. I have 30M silver and it grows in chunks each day. I only do field bosses now since Moake still hasn't coughed up the star and I've got everything else. By my math that's <1 hour 6 of the 7 days a week.

On reset day I do my dungeons/raids and any tickets for weeklies which is the only time sink day. 8-12 hours depending on shittiness of raid groups. No rested gets wasted.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I run 2x chaos ~6 mins, 2 yoho ~10 mins x3 each day. I insta pass my unas on my main 3 and I don't even bother with Lopang or dailies on any other char.
So, when you said you're "running 9 characters" through dailies what you ACTUALLY meant is that you're running 1 character through dailies and 2 characters through guardians.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I'm running 3 chars on full rested every day as I've stated like 20 times in this thread which works because I have 9 chars to do the rotation with.

edit: and even if I get a bug to run all 9 chars with chaos/raids it's 3 hours which if I felt like putting 30 hours a week in isn't really a lot.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's definitely ways to make it less time intensive, at the cost of materials/gold. Currently I'm doing super lazy shit cause I'm playing Elden Ring but it's still not horrible and if I wanted I could do a bit better. I stopped doing Lopang on alts cause I have 20m silver so I'm good for now so that frees up like 15mins, I've also stopped running chaos entirely on alts, and I stopped running guardians a while back, but if I was doing my normal rotation, I'd be doing chaos on rested and still no guardian. I only ran my 6 chars through chaos, the 2 other ones that don't do abyss I didn't bother, so a rotation is main chaos(8mins or so) + 2/2/1 alt(1.6char a day, 10mins per char so ~16mins), no guardian(maybe rested yoho on main, I guess deskaluda next patch so 12mins a day cause relic accessories), only una on main(which don't take very long, I ticket hypnos, do karltherz by buying any slaves at 600g or under, hope island so I don't have to wait for alakkir and atm using those +1 tickets they gave in login event to do shushire too, I wanna say 4-5mins for everything) and one on alt(the sea bounty rep from south vern, need like one more week or so). Total time still under an hour.

Obviously, if I spent 6hours a day doing all my guardians and shit I'd generate a lot more gold, but I'd also generate more gold if I ran infinite chaos non stop, and I don't do that cause I'd want to kill myself, and that's also why I don't do guardians anymore. Can do them on rested whenever I feel like it but no big deal if I don't.

Definitely abuse rest bonus, it's the best thing in the game to free up time to do less boring shit. You still have to do some of the boring shit though, to an extent, but you can skip a fair amount of it. I don't mind running chaos a few times on a couple of chars and doing guardians on my main every day(although atm I don't do it cause I'm lazy, I do send stronghold missions for it though so I still get like 4 leapstones a day, not really good but better than nothing).

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah it's called efficiency dudes and I'll generously only say 50 of hours are afk time in game to que dodge/work though it's probably closer to 100. You don't need to do every single thing every single day to get high gear score/multi t3/do lots of content.

asdfasdfdsa.png

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I run 2x chaos ~6 mins, 2 yoho ~10 mins x3 each day. I insta pass my unas on my main 3 and I don't even bother with Lopang or dailies on any other char. I have 30M silver and it grows in chunks each day. I only do field bosses now since Moake still hasn't coughed up the star and I've got everything else. By my math that's <1 hour 6 of the 7 days a week.

On reset day I do my dungeons/raids and any tickets for weeklies which is the only time sink day. 8-12 hours depending on shittiness of raid groups. No rested gets wasted.
Part of this is also not really feasible for the masses. Guessing you have a shit load of gold, cause most people don't have the excess to do instant una's.

I also forgot rapport. Guess that's completely optional, but that shit adds up too.

I'm also a bit suspect on these 3 minute chaos runs, but okay.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm running 3 chars on full rested every day as I've stated like 20 times in this thread which works because I have 9 chars to do the rotation with.

edit: and even if I get a bug to run all 9 chars with chaos/raids it's 3 hours which if I felt like putting 30 hours a week in isn't really a lot.
Right, so you're looking at at LEAST 1 hour and 30 minutes for just 3 characters and only if you insta all 9 Una's(or don't do them at all, like you stated). So, an hour and 30-45 mins of the same chores every..single..day. And it didn't even get you more than 5 chars at 1370, let alone Valtan ready at 1415. Your example is precisely why people are frustrated with "the grind".

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah it's called efficiency dudes and I'll generously only say 50 of hours are afk time in game to que dodge/work though it's probably closer to 100. You don't need to do every single thing every single day to get high gear score/multi t3/do lots of content.

View attachment 411994

You are correct using your time efficiently is the way to go. I also rotate around alts to use rested because it would be foolish not to, even so at the end of the day you are still doing chores. We can argue semantics around it all day long but I don't and you don't play this game to do your daily Una's/Chaos you are playing because you enjoy the abyss group type content. As Gravel said the amount do shit (unenjoyable content) so you can do (enjoyable content) ratio is shit. You can bypass this with cold hard cash money, or botting the ever living shit out of the game.

If you can't see why that is detrimental then I don't know what to say, the game is already experiencing a drop off in players, I mean it's something that happens in all MMO's but there are tons of people who have complained their friends they rolled with quit playing, hell in the guild there was a pretty sharp drop off as well.

You add in the fact that Amazon really doesn't seem to give a shit about botting/RMTing and it really leaves a sour taste for people. The game has potential to be very good and enjoyable and like most games I play I would rather see is healthy and growing but some shit just doesn't work on the U.S. market.

Pheons for alts is another example of shit that kills the game for many as an example.

• 1Like