Lost Ark Online

Raes

Vyemm Raider
ProTip time. (Disclaimer: If the game actually launches tomorrow, kek.)

If you decide to go out and spend some work points chopping trees for logs and someone else starts chopping the tree, don't stop. Both of your axes will vanish and a two man saw will appear and you will cut it down much faster, while both of you will still get the same amount of materials you would get solo. It's most efficient to go out chopping with a friend. Also, because chopping trees solo is such a pain in the ass, basic logs tend to sell for a little more than basic iron ore.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Can anyone explain why they made the game as a DLC om Steam instead of a whole game? I'm no programmer so I'm really confused on this.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Can anyone explain why they made the game as a DLC om Steam instead of a whole game? I'm no programmer so I'm really confused on this.

The founder's packs are DLC. Instead of being different versions of the game, like "deluxe" etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My first guess is a lack of knowledge of how Steam works. Its possible that this was by design and AGS thinks a few hundred thousand ppl slamming the login server won't be an issue.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Some hope.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    365.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 1Like

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Heh, the reddit thread about the Founders Pack issue was locked by the mods.
holy fuck these assholes. DIAF you shit company. Edit: In case I am not being clear, I mean Reddit, AGS, and anyone associated with this.

It's not an overreaction. We have seen some screwups in 20+ years of MMOs and this would be the biggest.

Fake Edit: Of course it's an overreaction.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Heh, the reddit thread about the Founders Pack issue was locked by the mods.
Because ultimately it's still purely speculative, they haven't come out to say it'll work or not either way, they said they're looking into it and there's not much more to add to that, while the post had several people already taking that as the game definitely not launching tomorrow and such. It's pointless to get people in a frenzy about something that might or might not be relevant. If they delay the launch cause they fucked up sure it's bad, but if the only downside is people have to decrypt the game tomorrow when they could have made it differently, it's not a big deal. They probably should have just let people download the actual client directly anyway imo, and just have the headstart work or not based on their own registration but eh.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Because ultimately it's still purely speculative, they haven't come out to say it'll work or not either way, they said they're looking into it and there's not much more to add to that, while the post had several people already taking that as the game definitely not launching tomorrow and such. It's pointless to get people in a frenzy about something that might or might not be relevant. If they delay the launch cause they fucked up sure it's bad, but if the only downside is people have to decrypt the game tomorrow when they could have made it differently, it's not a big deal. They probably should have just let people download the actual client directly anyway imo, and just have the headstart work or not based on their own registration but eh.
Apparently Elyon had the same setup with their DLC having different head start times, and depending on which DLC you had, Steam would update on their respective dates to allow you hit the Play button. We'll probably see that happen tomorrow if all goes as planned. Hopefully the unpacking process won't take longer than downloading.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Apparently Elyon had the same setup with their DLC having different head start times, and depending on which DLC you had, Steam would update on their respective dates to allow you hit the Play button. We'll probably see that happen tomorrow if all goes as planned. Hopefully the unpacking process won't take longer than downloading.
Yeah I'm fairly sure it will, honestly I think I'll just move the files out and download it again tomorrow, decrypting 57gb is going to take like 30mins, even if the download servers are slammed I doubt they'll be that slow. MH Rise was like 40gb and still took almost 20mins, I wasn't in a hurry then but I kinda want to get on asap for this to make my char and dodge the queues(as much as possible).

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Downloading this overnight on Hotel internet. Wooo!! :) We'll see if tomorrow night after work I can do anything.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well shit, I guess im playing with you fuckers tomorrow. I was just checking my steam and I guess I somehow bought the silver pack back in June, lol. Probably to get into the beta?

SO whats the server you fuckers rolling on? And where is the discord? And no im not going through 70 pages of this shit to find out.

Maybe someone could update the first post with this infos so its accessible to all? Amod Amod ?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Should of all rolled on a US West server, as it clearly is the winner.

• 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Should of all rolled on a US West server, as it clearly is the winner.

US East wins out from a purely 'winner' standpoint. There is literally more than the double the amount of East servers (7 vs 3) and in light of the AH being restricted by region this makes it the clear cut choice to go with (cannot emphasis enough that this is a traditional MMO from an AH point of view - there is a market to be played here with valuable items that people will sell for cheap not knowing their worth thus having more people to trade with is a rather big deal). Add in the fact that the ping difference is negligible on a game where people have been beating all the content in spite of the aforementioned ping, there is no argument apart from a personal desire to go West that makes any sense.

Tldr; roll East Regulus with us even if your preference is West as it's the 'correct' decision. The only real exception to this is if you're not looking to roll Regulus due to the fear of queue (which has been discussed ad nauseam already) but even still, you should be rolling East. We'll even be able to make a chat available for those in the same East Region (on different servers) in game.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Two reasons why I’m playing in East. First and foremost the ping is higher for me on West than East. Second East will have overall the larger population which means more items available on the AH making them cheaper and easier to get.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Why even encrypt it in the first place? The people who would pirate the assets and content are the ones who made it...

• 1Worf