Lost Ark Online

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
T1 / T2 catch up mechanic was an error, so we'll have to grind gear.
Now I'm a bit concerned. Seems like every issue over the past week they've walked back as an error.

There was the twitch thing with founders packs, the founders pack being on the first character and then not, and they can't even get patch notes right?

What the fuck is going on?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is kinda interesting. The Game Director has mentioned that Smilegate has planned to have T3 / Legion raids on launch, and were surprised that Amazon has never mentioned it. So, given the launch patch is from Smilegate, I'll assume SG intended to have the T1/T2 catch up mechanic for launch, but Amazon doesn't.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Now I'm a bit concerned. Seems like every issue over the past week they've walked back as an error.

There was the twitch thing with founders packs, the founders pack being on the first character and then not, and they can't even get patch notes right?

What the fuck is going on?
64cvbv.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Honestly, I was considering getting a founders pack and playing tomorrow, but if you can't even get the very first patch notes right, I've got very little faith in this launching well.

AGS really, really shit the bed with New World and this reeks of the exact same incompetence I saw there.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
AGS is a joke of a company and has proven themselves incompetent time after time. I'm just happy they are only the publisher and have very little influence over the code.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

spronk

FPS noob
1 raid ready at release and 2 more ready for release back to back

i never heard of this game before the weekend but a few buddies started hyping it up and are planning on playing tomorrow. i haven't really played an MMO in a decade and don't have much interest anymore. I'll definitely watch on twitch though, game looks really fun and cool.

i did preload in case I wanna jump in (yeah I know you need to buy the $15 founders pack) but I am 99.9999% sure tomorrow is gonna be an absolute shit show and most people will just be stuck in 14 hour queues. I do wonder if queues will get better or worse when it actually releases in 3 days, but paradoxically I think most people who REALLY want to play are all in with founders packs so tomorrow will be the worst.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I bet they already really regret going with Amazon as publishers, would be nice if they take back publishing rights and do it themselves eventually.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
On the list of other potential fuck ups, they "looking into" whether their setup with Steam will actually allow them to let people play tomorrow or not. It's apparently not quite a sure thing because of how they setup the game as DLC only and stuff.

• 3WTF
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
On the list of other potential fuck ups, they "looking into" whether their setup with Steam will actually allow them to let people play tomorrow or not. It's apparently not quite a sure thing because of how they setup the game as DLC only and stuff.
I really hope you're wrong.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well that's going to be a giant fuckup if it happens.

Why is AGS so shit at this?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I really hope you're wrong.
I don't think it's gonna be the case, but it seems they didn't set it up properly, Steam should fix it by then though, most likely, if that's the case. Someone on the forums pointed out that's why the game is encrypted instead of being installed like during Closed Beta where you could install the full client and even launch it, it just didn't work cause the servers were down.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Found this:

Roxx has already said they’re “speaking to Valve” about this problem. Apparently, Valve decrypts games until launch day and then activates the Play button. With a game preload, the decryption takes place early but the game’s servers are not yet up, so when the game goes live (for headstart or otherwise), players can get in. But this only applies to games. Since the Founder’s Pack is DLC, and not a game per se, they are not decrypting it until the actual release date of Feb 11.

If Valve were to decrypt the game now, that would allow everyone who has preloaded the game in, not just Founder’s Pack owners, so that’s not going to happen. So unless something changes, no one is getting in until the 11th.

This is a result of the decision to allow everyone to preload at the same time, or alternatively, delivering the Founder’s Packs as DLC instead of actual separate games. Either way, unless something happens (and soon), we’re headed for a fiasco worse than anything New World experienced.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
AGS is full of purple haired tranny faggots so no surprise literally everything they touch turns to complete dogshit. Will be lulz had tomorrow either way but SGT has to be pretty pissed

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
They better be burning the midnight oil and correct it. They got about 12 hours to do so or all hell is going to break loose.

So if Steam presses the "play button" tomorrow it means founders and nonfounders will be able to play tomorrow. lol

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
LOL I hope they just unlock it for everyone. The lulz will be amazing.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
People are bitching they can't get a refund on their founders pack on the forums. Tomorrow should be very interesting. The LA forums are going to explode.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm just amazed at how many people don't understand the issue being presented "Of course the game can't be launched, it won't be released til the 11th!!!". It is interesting that Steam might not be able to decrypt/install LA based on having a DLC.