Lost Ark Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Yeah just waiting on US launch for me. Not bothering with translation patches and having to buy an account, did that crap with blade and soul and never again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Can anyone recommend link to instructions to aquire an account and setup VPN etc or whatever is needed to play this for someone who hasn't messed with any games outside of NA? Been trying to find something to get the girlfriend playing with me between smite games and this is my only hope so far. Wanted to just mess around with it and see if its something she will eventually like. Appreciate any help i can get!

Pretty much just followed this guide to install the game: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11hRezavzalbh_ZGQmRxdZMZzncoH1Y9B8-N5ZxaeH2g/edit
Alongside this guide for VPN: GameGinGin

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Hmm says to go to #troubleshooting when i created a discord account but can't find where to DL game, is there a direct link that you might be able to provide please?

Madikus

Knows nothing.
You need to type some commands in the discord to "unlock" the channels. The instructions are in the only page you have access to. If you have already done that and can see all the channels, you need to go to the #guides-and-info channel for all the information. You can type .download in the channel to get download links.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Thanks, got the game downloaded and will give setting up VPN and other steps this weekend. For those that have played, how much of a twitch reflex game is this? My fiance isn't a long time gamer, does decent all things considered in Smite but that limits abilities to 4 + 2 activites which is easy enough. I had her on FFXIV and abit too many buttons for her to master and be effecient on the harder content.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
how much of a twitch reflex game is this? My fiance isn't a long time gamer, does decent all things considered in Smite but that limits abilities to 4 + 2 activites which is easy enough. I had her on FFXIV and abit too many buttons for her to master and be effecient on the harder content.

I used to think the same thing about my g/f and I guarantee you its because they arent interested in the same shit you're playing. Doesnt mean she wants to play some lame house designer game or something, either. My g/f likes Eve of all f'n games and shes good at it. Sucks at (and hates) WoW.

• 1Like

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Got the game going, but not sure how to apply tne english patch? I downloaded below but not sure where to put them.

1544938475109.png

Madikus

Knows nothing.
You put it anywhere and run the executable. Make sure your VPN is active, the launcher is running and you have a blue button instead of orange. Then when you run the translation app, it will have options to run english via human+machine translation or human only. Click on your choice and the game launches from there. Make sure you close the translation app before you shut down the patcher or the VPN.

Order of operations should be: VPN > Stove > English patcher. Reverse the order when you're done.

The English patcher replaces files in the game directory, then runs the game without the Stove launcher. It replaces the original files after you close it. The stove launcher checks files, and people have reported that breaking that order of operations can get your account flagged for re-verification.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Gentlemen and a scholar Madruk thanks, will try out tomorrow. Played up to level 5 just to dick around abit today and combat definitely is smooth and production value is great. Guessing 1+ year on English so definitely something to dick around on to get experience for when it comes to NA.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Mail.Ru has been selected to be the publisher for Lost Ark for Russia and CIS with closed testing scheduled next year, guess there's hope for a NA/EU release in the not-so--very-distant future.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Still playing this and enjoying it a lot, although the ping & language barrier has made progressing on Guardian Raids pretty slow. I'd like to be the fly on the wall to understand what type of discussions they're having for NA release timetable.

• 1Like

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Still playing this and enjoying it a lot, although the ping & language barrier has made progressing on Guardian Raids pretty slow. I'd like to be the fly on the wall to understand what type of discussions they're having for NA release timetable.
Hope it's soonish, pretty excited about this game.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I wish they would at least give us a hint to when this thing is releasing for NA/EU. I have a friend who is playing quite a bit and he really raves about it. Says it is one of the most fun MMO's he's played. He's pretty old school and fairly picky.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone using Exitlag? I had thought this VPN could be setup so that it would only effect the games traffic? As of now, if I run the game and want to watch Twitch, I need to have Twitch up and running a channel before I go through the login process. If I access a Twitch stream after getting into the game, Exitlag will route the browsers traffic to KR and back... which makes watching a stream super annoying.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Anyone using Exitlag? I had thought this VPN could be setup so that it would only effect the games traffic? As of now, if I run the game and want to watch Twitch, I need to have Twitch up and running a channel before I go through the login process. If I access a Twitch stream after getting into the game, Exitlag will route the browsers traffic to KR and back... which makes watching a stream super annoying.

I use Exitlag and don't experience this at all. Are you certain that you're not having Exitlag VPN your internet browser (and thus impacting Twitch)? Exitlag should only be plugged into Stove & Lost Ark.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I use Exitlag and don't experience this at all. Are you certain that you're not having Exitlag VPN your internet browser (and thus impacting Twitch)? Exitlag should only be plugged into Stove & Lost Ark.
As far as I know it is not, when I run ExitLag, the browser icon doesn't appear up in the list of apps it is working on. So that is why I'm wondering what is going on.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
i forgot my password when trying to uninstall this, it seems the base game uninstalled but not sure, its still in my add /remove programs when i try to remove it just tells me cant locate a folder blah blah, jus wanna make sure i got all of it, dosent seem that way

once it didnt let me log in i didnt think it removed the game so i went n manually removed all the smilegate shit, but LA still in my programs n shit

fohrtrtrt.png

im assuming its gone but i remember the last asian game i played Blade n soul, was a bitch to get it all off your pc

Last edited:

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
Any way to play this in English still? I bought an account. But not sure there is an up to date English patch?