Lost Ark Online

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im actually just tempted to go and get a VPN and do the Russian beta right now. But the other side of me wants to wait for the NA release for that better experience, probably more complete, less janky translated shit.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Can you understand Korean or have just been putting up with it?

I speak 0 of either languages and have used the English patch exclusively, playing with friends almost exclusively for the higher level content.

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
Said fuck it and started the Russian beta and am really enjoying it. The combat is so legit. Not much hassle to do the VPN and all that to get access. Worth it imo if you've been waiting for the game like I have. Will probably burn out way before it comes USA. Lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Same here. I already have a VPN so it took about five minutes to get going.

The game is gorgeous and yeah the combat is good. Gear is a big negative so far...it’s standard MMO tiny upgrades with nothing interesting and very little if any cosmetic changes.

Chances are extremely high ill burnout a year before this comes to gods favorite continent.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Fuck it gonna play this again after finding out the Holy Knight is being released next week. Which VPN is everyone using? Last time I used Exitlag.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im holding out for NA vesion but I gotta tell you, watching one of my fave streamers play this had me [--] this close to getting russia version.

• 1Like

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
Does anyone know how to get more collection tools? I am specing my life skill into Herbalism and I only have 10 charges left of my Beginner Collector's Tool. I assume once those 10 charges are depleted, I need to either craft or acquire another one, but I don't know where to do that.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm to the point where I'm going to just play this through Russian VPN - any guides on how to download etc? Any english language add-ons for text translation etc? Looks pretty grindy, but the road to end game looks pretty legit

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
I followed the guide Droigan posted a few days ago. I believe most English people are playing on the server that begins with “C” but not sure where people here are playing.

It was pretty easy to get it working. The problem I am having now is I am starting to get where a lot of game mechanics and systems are opening up and I have no clue what they actually do

• 1Solidarity

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
FYI once you get through the tutorial with a base class you don't have to do it again if you want to make a different subclass. You'll start at level 10 where you select the subclass. This is true even if you delete the base class character that you completed the tutorial with.

Also, on name reuse. It appears as though characters under level 10 will delete immediately and that name will immediately be available. If the character is over 10 it takes 24 hours to delete and I'm not sure when if ever the name is available again.

Last edited:

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
LOL at the end of the warrior tutorial the boss calls you a pussy when you kill him. Bad translation WIN!

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, the voice subtitle translations are pretty dubious. I do love that the Devil Hunter's "fire both pistols in all directions" skill is actually called Equilibrium.

For anyone who, like me, finds the Russian voices grating, you can rename (switch around) the Korean and Russian voice folders. Doesn't stick on relaunch, but it's easy to do. I need to see if I can find an ini setting to just make it use the Korean one.

I also used the video posted above to get set up and everything worked fine. Getting 150-170 ping with Exitlag.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, i followed that video as well, for some reason i couldn't get the translation to install until today. I am using exitlag too and getting similar ping. Other than a couple random disconnects, it's been very playable.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
The more I play the more impressed I am. Level 22 now...new biome, new enemies. The dungeons have been pretty cool so far and there is a lot of hidden stuff to find where you will literally go off the map.

I think there was a new warrior class announced (paladin) but who knows when that is coming to RU.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
The more I play the more impressed I am. Level 22 now...new biome, new enemies. The dungeons have been pretty cool so far and there is a lot of hidden stuff to find where you will literally go off the map.

I think there was a new warrior class announced (paladin) but who knows when that is coming to RU.
Holy Knight

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Im holding out for NA vesion but I gotta tell you, watching one of my fave streamers play this had me [--] this close to getting russia version.
Hope this doesn't follow the same release schedule as PSO2's NA release.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Pretty damn fun - there are some area's of the game that are more obvious this was a Korean game than others, but the classes are all really fun to play, particularly the soul master. Have like 5 classes to about 15ish and think I'm going to continue on with Soul Master for now - absolutely awesome class and fun to play. Wish this was all in Engrish though, but who knows when/if that will ever happen. Fuckers