Lost Ark Online

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't think there are many of us on US West. You and I might be the only two? If we get enough, I don't mind setting something up.
I always make the mistake of just rolling where most people are and then get pissed when raid times or guild "activities", whatever that even looks like in LA, is run like 3-5 pm PST because it's East Coast. I'm hoping to, unfortunately, miss out on some homie shenanigans but be around a whole bunch more people that play on my time frames.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I don't think there are many of us on US West. You and I might be the only two? If we get enough, I don't mind setting something up.

You should definitely make a guild now and start earning currency/guild xp. If you decide to join another guild later you lose nothing and can keep your alts in your original guild. The guild vendor sells certain upgrade mats that are tradable, but different tiers of items are locked behind guild level.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Shocker! The guy with a weeb avatar is sucking on the nuts of FFXIV and trashing other MMOs in some vain attempt at white-knighting his #1 Waifu Yoshida!!! WHAT A SURPRISE!

FFXIV DEFINITELY doesn't have any "P2W" mechanics like story "skips"(gee, having a dogshit story that everyone wants to "boost" through DEFINITELY wouldn't be an example of devs creating an artificial "block" where they sell you the solution, right?!), character level boosts, basically being "forced" to purchase extra retainers because they limit the FUCK out of how many items you can list(gee, another artificial "block" where they sell you the solution, weird!), etc.

Look at that, I just provided a "list" of P2W mechanics, therefore my point is proven and if you attempt to refute it, you're just a bitchboi!

Now, if you want to settle the fuck down and decide LA isn't for you because it's too "P2W" for you and you don't enjoy it? That's fine. But if you want to come in here spewing retarded bullshit because FFXIV is your #1 Waifu, I'll show you how "P2W" these forums are and you can fuck off to screenshots for a while.

Ahh I see. You're an idiot. Lets dissect this here then.

No, Story skips and Character level boost are not pay to win. They provide 0 power. Lost Arks pay to win includes multiple ways to gain multiple levels of power. You lose here.

Retainers are absolutely not necessary. I don't use them, and I use the AH a lot, plus I save a lot of unnecessary items. Game is 100% playable without the ability to list additional items. You lose again here.

You still haven't provided a single iota of why the list of things I posted above are untrue, or not pay to win. All you can do is be a sarcastic little bitch and make ad-hominem attacks. The idea that you could drive me out of here is fucking hilarious. Go right ahead and try. Whine more little bitch, your tears sustain me. Also, I'm not just /a/ weeb, I'm the fucking king of weebs, I'm so weeb I moved to fucking Japan. The idea you could attack me on this is hilarious if you knew a single thing about me.

So, you're back to square 1. Would you care to try again?

I'm sorry that your current FOMO love has blinded you to the predatory business practices, and extreme pay to win of this game. I do hope you have fun though. Try not to spend too much.

Crone

You should definitely make a guild now and start earning currency/guild xp. If you decide to join another guild later you lose nothing and can keep your alts in your original guild. The guild vendor sells certain upgrade mats that are tradable, but different tiers of items are locked behind guild level.
Will look into making an FoH - US West branch later tonight unless Kirun wants to do it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tide27

Would be amazing to hear some impressions versus this p2w circlejerk.

Shit is simple. If you dont like any game, for any reason, no one is forcing you to play it. Go fucking play something else.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Shit is simple. If you dont like any game, for any reason, no one is forcing you to play it. Go fucking play something else.

P2W in Korean games is kind of a thing. But they skirt the edge pretty well. And the definition of P2W is different for every player.

I was much more angry about P2W in my EQ days. But now if I don't like the "P2W" mechanics, I just do like you say and move on. Plenty of good games out there.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme

The problem is that what Chysamere Chysamere complains about as being pay to win isn't actually pay to win. When he says level boosts provide 0 extra power, he's being completely disenginuous. Level boosts provide INCREDIBLE amounts of power at the cost of money. The same way the stat boosts from crystals provide extra power at the expense of money. What he hasn't shown is a SINGLE boost item that is locked behind a pay wall. The fact that paying for them simply makes the power you get FASTER isn't pay to win. Items have to be PERMANENTLY locked behind a pay wall to be pay to win. And he has completely failed to provide a single example.

Anything that can be bought for RC, can be put on the auction houses and bought for gold.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Disappointed no one’s main is named Fyourmom tbh

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

Level skips are catchup mechanics, but it is typically done once.

I have a bigger issue with pay mechanics that want you to pony up the cash constantly

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ques are real. Hope this balances out in a week. I am afraid as to what this will look like in 3 days when it goes free.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Twitch Monthly rewards are out:

Crystaline Aura (5 day use)
Amethyst Shard Pack (500 shards)
Battle Chest Bundle: Healing Battle Chest, Utility Battle Chest, Offensive Battle Chest

Go claim them!

Raes

Vyemm Raider
How’s the whole twitch thing work I have to sub to something? Or watch something? Bleh

For drops just open a twitch channel that has drops enabled and make sure to go to your inventory page and connect your account. Also want to open the Crown channel for the free pet. 4 hours of watching for first drops.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Easy peasy!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.jpg
ccccccccccccccccc.jpg

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Since Kirun Kirun proved what a complete bitch he is by banning Chysamere Chysamere from the thread. I guess we will have to table this discussion about pay to win. However, I will say, the best write up about the current state of Lost Ark's pay to win status comes from this Reddit post.

You guys can decide for yourselves if you think his definitions of pay to win are correct.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You still haven't provided a single iota of why the list of things I posted above are untrue, or not pay to win. All you can do is be a sarcastic little bitch and make ad-hominem attacks. The idea that you could drive me out of here is fucking hilarious. Go right ahead and try. Whine more little bitch, your tears sustain me. Also, I'm not just /a/ weeb, I'm the fucking king of weebs, I'm so weeb I moved to fucking Japan. The idea you could attack me on this is hilarious if you knew a single thing about me.

So, you're back to square 1. Would you care to try again?

I'm sorry that your current FOMO love has blinded you to the predatory business practices, and extreme pay to win of this game. I do hope you have fun though. Try not to spend too much.
LOL I don't know why you incel cockfag, jobless losers continue on this fucking path of jerking off FFXIV in other MMOs threads, but it gets old. Chris in the Blizzard thread and now you here. Go shove lolis up your ass somewhere else, faggot. This isn't the place. Keep it contained to that cesspool, pedophile thread of yours regarding FFXIV.

Enjoy your break and take some time to think about what you've done.

• 3Worf
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users