Lost Ark Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
We've talked about this game a little over a year or so ago. It's a Korean Diablo like MMO. It's extremely pretty.

It's starting beta in Korea on the 24th. This is the latest trailer.

I hope it's good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
What the shit, I was just trying to find what this game was called to show my friend cause I could not remember for the life of me. I really want a Diablo styled MMO.

The problem is these eastern MMOs always tend to fall into the P2W category and I'm really REALLY hoping this game doesn't.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Since it's now in beta, Steparu got in as usual and made some videos.

Visuals are amazing, gameplay looks to be typical Diablo type game but MMO, looks to have a lot of in game cinematics. Probably very far from release over here, but looks promising...worse case it will be a nice distraction at some point. :)

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
PLEASE let this release this year. I'm a sucker for Asian art styles.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Game looks really neat. Hopefully its not another gear rules everything asian grindfest (lol who am I kidding).

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Not going to lie, after playing around with POE/D3/Grim Dawn having never been much of a ARPG in the past, really looking forward to this or MU Legends to focus in on as a long term time investment to supplement my Smite play. Single player games just don't do it for me any more outside of Disgaea !!

I thought last i read that Lost Ark wasn't confirmed for a US release in their roadmap or did that change? Any word yet on any P2W model?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Been waiting a couple years now, and I will wait however long it takes to play whatever the fuck they are calling the unarmed combat guy. "My punches shoot dragons!"

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Impressive character customization for an ARPG, not sure I see the point really since you won't really see any of it most of the time. Still look very nice as most Korean games usually do.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah it is, it just plain ridiculous how beautiful it looks.

There was CBT2 recently, and tons of gameplay video were put on YouTube, and I am a bit worried about the gameplay, at least the leveling outdoor area look ridiculously easy, with extremely dumb mob AI.

It looks like the end game dungeons have different difficulty levels.

Then I remember that it's an MMO, and not just an ARPG...so the gameplay difficulty seems up to par with a game like WoW for example where the difficulty of the leveling content is extremely easy. The challenge comes from the dungeons and raids.

There are some story instance that looks just ridiculously fun, and spectacular. I had to stop watching them to not spoil the entire game.

The class with the guns, forgot the game looks so much fun.

I hope it comes to NA which I think they said it would, and I hope it's not in 2 years either.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
]
Oh?

The video above might have me fooled then...

Well it is an ARPG MMO, so unlike Diablo there are common persistant areas that have more in common with WoW than Diablo, so they don’t have difficulty settings like Diablo. The dungeons do have difficulty settings though like WoW dungeons do, do normal heroic, mythic etc..not sure how many or what they are called though.

From what I gather too, there’s a bunch of story instance where you’re solo, don’t think those have difficulty levels either. I commented on a Steparu YouTube video that game seemed way easy, and he replied that dungeons had different settings nothing about the rest.

This is the gunner prologue, game looks awesome.