Lost Ark Online

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yea the weapon switching is mainly why I want to change class. It's really cool but I'm too old to juggle stances and 16 skills.

I did sorc to 30ish on EU before I switched to US East and Gun Slinger and I enjoyed the sorc more.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
To be fair from what I'm seeing lategame you don't use half the skills you have, only some specific ones. It still requires you switch weapons constantly though which sounds annoying.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nah i'm still 40 while everyone else in my group is over 50 doing raids. The in between is the worse gameplay loop i've ever experienced, or close. This is the first time I've taken off my studio quality headphones and turn on logi speakers.

1-50 is barely worth a person's time.
I cant argue with that all. The set pieces, thw dungeons, the encounters where you can actually fight and use your abilites....so far amazing. 10/10

The questing through all the zones, picking flowers, feeding cats after killing 1000 mobs in a festival event, the moving a rock 5 ft from one place to another, the mounting up and running to kill 2 mobs.... 0/10. Fucking awful.

Shmoopy

Searching Lost Ark on Twitter gives some interesting results:

• 2WTF
  • 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is just such an unnecessary and silly change. It's like no one at Amazon understands ilvl restrictions to equip gear - who exactly is this protecting? I'd love to know the rationale of the change.

On a separate note, I failed my +15 on two items to the point where the game gave me a pity 100% in both cases. I'm at 1090 now with 3 more items to upgrade before T3 but still having a blast. I was worried that re-doing skill points would be frustrating but it hasn't been anywhere near as bad as I remember -- at 312 points now and have spent very little time actively working on it. Just set up the alt army (Scrapper, Sorc, Berserker, Gunslinger) with the final spot being saved for Scouter because Amazon can have me forgive them for all their stupidity by announcing it's the next release before Valtan.

Can you give me some guide or something to pursue skill points? Or are you just doing them by memory? I desperately need to start working on them because not having enough points for tier 2 skills in like shoulder charge or diving slash is shitty.

Edit: nevermind:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
lol was just about to post that.

Got there is just so fucking much to do in this fucking game its so overwhelming.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just looking at that skill points content..

Wow at the amount of content you can do in this game. I feel like I will have things to do for a few years.

This game has a strong Guildwars 2 vibe but without the good quests and interesting mounts. That said Guildwars 2 lacks noticeable gear progression beyond how it looks and has no ship content.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Welp, those chucklefucks at Amazon just took the medal for retards of the year. I'm getting close to tier 3 and went to the AH to check on gear prices. But, there was nothing there. I'm like, huh? Surely people are at tier 3 already. Had a bad feeling as I went to the Chaos Dungeon board to check and...YUP tier 3 chaos gear is untradeable. What the actual fuck?

Buying and selling chaos gear is part of the fucking game, and is extremely profitable early on. People get to a new tier, run their 2 chaos for the day, and rng doesn't get them a full set, so they go to the AH. Or they go to buy a higher quality piece to switch out to. And at tier 3, we get tripod bonuses on gear, totally random. Being limited to only your own drops is going to suck ass. Well, at least until people start reaching the legendary tier which drops "broken" gear that is just for bonus swapping. That's still tradeable. This is some serious bullshit.
Yeah, almost got screwed by that at T2. First chaos didn't give me a helmet. 2nd did though, so no problem. Didn't want to spend gold on one.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah yesterday while doing some raster quest I stumbled on some chain that went through cut scenes with the priest dude and the demon that took him away plus a ton of mats it gave me. Then lead me to the 2nd awakening chain I just completed today with even more mats and a few island tokens to boot.

Mahes Mahes I tried GW2 and hated it. This game I kinda like, even though I dont like the whole loot system in this game and the leveling up mechanic of it.

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Got there is just so fucking much to do in this fucking game its so overwhelming.
People just need to relax. This would be like if WoW launched with Classic, TBC, and WotLK all unlocked. Just take your time, enjoy this shit. You're going to hit a wall hard if you take the mentality of, "I GOTTA HIT 1500 GS ASAP!".

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I am. Im only at like 500 so far and could give 2 fucks about not being 1000 or 1300 or whatever. Taking my time and enjoying all of it. I heard its useless to get to T3 now anyways because there is not enough there yet and because eventually you will have to go back and do all the shit, collections and other competition stuff anyways that you missed along the way rushing.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Its easy to feel overwhelmed and the idea that its like WoW with 3 expansions launched all at once is spot on.

What Ive been telling people still in tier 1 - You can tell the difference in questing, not by its content, but how its paced and the activities it includes, as soon as you get to Rohendel. Rohendel still suffers a bit from it, but its better. Then in Yorn, I barely noticed anything that would take away from what Im doing and in Feiton - I was basically in the groove and not a single quest took me out of it. What Im getting at is that in the older content, the complaints were warranted and they made changes to the process. In Rohendel (to an extent), Yorn and Feiton everything is just trying to keep you moving and the story, from what I could gather just from spamming through it, is that you never go from killing small guys > medium guys > SUPER AWESOME GUYS > joe down the street, like you did in the base game.

Also, whoever thinks Sorcerer is difficult is whacked. Try any class that has a 3-5 second locked animation class on 6/8 abilities. Sorcerer igniter build has 6/8 instant casts, 2 locked animation casts and your meter gives you obnoxious haste so your long cast abilities are cut down to a 1-2 second cast time. Then all your secondary stats are put into Specialization so you can max out meter more - so you're basically non stop tap and move, tap and move.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I'm having a lot of fun being a casual. I just hit the first island after you get your boat. Don't really know the story too much since I skip some things but have an idea about it so not to clueless. I know I fucked up my skills but just waiting to hit 50 then respec.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm having a lot of fun being a casual. I just hit the first island after you get your boat. Don't really know the story too much since I skip some things but have an idea about it so not to clueless. I know I fucked up my skills but just waiting to hit 50 then respec.
Playing pretty casual myself, in almost the same spot of the story. But my understanding is that you can respec at any time for free.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Waiting on 50 to respec? Am I missing something? Can't you reallocate skill points on the fly or are there or skill points I'm not aware of yet?