Lost Ark Online

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just dont think the dailies are all that big of a deal. Especially when I step back and look at what is comparable out there in the rest of the MMO market when it comes to those systems. If anything though, I think the game is a casuals wet dream. Any casual occupying themselves with concerns about the ass end of the game that barely anyone has reached after they no lifed the shit out of the game for the last month is a bit of a stretch in my book. If anything thats a screaming endorsement of how much content there is in the game. But I guess really it all comes down to how you want your flavor of dailies prescribed to you if you're going to play an MMO.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
How much would I actually have to do per day / week if I hit endgame? And how much content is there before that? Leveling is mindnumbingly bad and I’m not sure whether I can bring myself to do more, but endgame raids do look super cool.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
The game is heavily daily/weekly content based. I'm with Amycus, that shit is disgusting and I wish MMOs would stop. I just enjoy LA's combat enough to warrant looking passed this. With that being said, there really isn't a need to actually do that content every day nor stress out about it. They'll provide catch up mechanics and no one is in danger of 'falling behind'. We have a bunch of folks who recently hit T3 and are within 50 Ilvl of me, who didn't even play for head start. There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking your time, exploring, enjoying that aspect of the game. It's an MMO: play it the way you enjoy and don't stress out.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
That sounds just plain unfun. I just played the story up to the point where you have to get 460 gear score. I know it's nothing compared to the master gaming race here who is like almost 1400, but I saw the Korean daily grind, where you slowly level up forgettable gear by doing daily work, and, well no thanks!
Lol you barely got past the tutorial. Also, "forgettable gear" lol, welcome to every game the past 15 years. The game is about the combat and the mechanics, not about jerking yourself off to some random named sword from dragon#243. The combat and boss mechanics in this game are easily among the best that has ever been released. Why do people have such lame ass reasons for not wanting to play it? My guess is they are just bad.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
How much would I actually have to do per day / week if I hit endgame? And how much content is there before that? Leveling is mindnumbingly bad and I’m not sure whether I can bring myself to do more, but endgame raids do look super cool.

You'll need to better define this.

If you're asking how much content LA has, if you're doing all optional shit that will increase the power of your character, the answer is hundreds and hundreds of hours worth. I have over 450 hours and there's still things I need to do to progress my main. Most of that stuff is quite minor however. This answer holds true once you 'reach' endgame, where as you can still collect all that stuff (example: if I consider getting all the island rewards completed for the rewards, this would probably take a few thousand hours).

With that being said, if your only goal is to hit a desired gear score to be able to enter raids and you don't care about having every single little thing maxxed out, the answer is very, very little. Chaos gates x2, Guardian Raids x2, and Una's task x3 are your daily tasks. With Bifrosts set up, this takes me less than 30 minutes a day currently. If you missed a day, you'd just get bonus rewards for the missed day the very next day.

I think the main question for you is whether or not you enjoy the combat system and feel of LA. It sounds like the answer is no and if you're already hitting the wall of "I don't want to play this shit anymore" than I'm not sure why you would continue?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How does the tripods on gear work in t3? Is it to free skill points into other skills? Or some other reason?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How does the tripods on gear work in t3? Is it to free skill points into other skills? Or some other reason?
When you check your skills and the tripods, you'll see there's a preview of what the tripod looks like with more levels. It's just that, it increases the level of that particular tripod, doesn't save skill points or let you use multiple tripods of the same tier, just makes the tripod you picked a bit better. If you don't have it equipped it doesn't do anything. The values that are colored are the ones that scale with tripod levels, usually it's dmg but for some it's cooldown reduction or ressource generation and such. Tripods go up to level 5, pretty sure any skill builder type thing will let you see the values at max rank. With our current content though you don't really get a whole lot of use out of it, getting +2 is expensive since you need to use dusts, and you can only go so far with +1. I don't think we even get +3 or higher stuff just yet(maybe the 1370 gear I haven't looked into it much).

• 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
When you check your skills and the tripods, you'll see there's a preview of what the tripod looks like with more levels. It's just that, it increases the level of that particular tripod, doesn't save skill points or let you use multiple tripods of the same tier, just makes the tripod you picked a bit better. If you don't have it equipped it doesn't do anything. The values that are colored are the ones that scale with tripod levels, usually it's dmg but for some it's cooldown reduction or ressource generation and such. Tripods go up to level 5, pretty sure any skill builder type thing will let you see the values at max rank. With our current content though you don't really get a whole lot of use out of it, getting +2 is expensive since you need to use dusts, and you can only go so far with +1. I don't think we even get +3 or higher stuff just yet(maybe the 1370 gear I haven't looked into it much).

+3 is definitely available at 1370. They also have 3 slots. Here's an example of a decent roll dropping at 1370 (minus the engravings being trash):

1646598257720.png

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't forget to track the skills you want. Makes the whole system tolerable.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Don't forget to track the skills you want. Makes the whole system tolerable.
Right wasn't a full explanation of the system, just what it did. There's also 2 ways to apply them. There's an ingame tutorial that covers some of the aspects, and otherwise it's worth checking a video, I think saintone or zealsambition had a very detailed guide that went over everything about tripod levels.

• 1Like

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
You'll need to better define this.

If you're asking how much content LA has, if you're doing all optional shit that will increase the power of your character, the answer is hundreds and hundreds of hours worth. I have over 450 hours and there's still things I need to do to progress my main. Most of that stuff is quite minor however. This answer holds true once you 'reach' endgame, where as you can still collect all that stuff (example: if I consider getting all the island rewards completed for the rewards, this would probably take a few thousand hours).

With that being said, if your only goal is to hit a desired gear score to be able to enter raids and you don't care about having every single little thing maxxed out, the answer is very, very little. Chaos gates x2, Guardian Raids x2, and Una's task x3 are your daily tasks. With Bifrosts set up, this takes me less than 30 minutes a day currently. If you missed a day, you'd just get bonus rewards for the missed day the very next day.

I think the main question for you is whether or not you enjoy the combat system and feel of LA. It sounds like the answer is no and if you're already hitting the wall of "I don't want to play this shit anymore" than I'm not sure why you would continue?

Thanks for the response. I really liked TERA (I played it for hours a day for a few years) and I think it had the best combat in any MMORPG I've played, basically. Apparently Lost Ark bosses can be kind of like this and people (that I like and used to play TERA with) keep telling me it's sort of similar -- I didn't feel it so far, but I could see that with good encounter design it could feel good? The leveling/mowing down countless hordes of mobs is whatever though.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the response. I really liked TERA (I played it for hours a day for a few years) and I think it had the best combat in any MMORPG I've played, basically. Apparently Lost Ark bosses can be kind of like this and people (that I like and used to play TERA with) keep telling me it's sort of similar -- I didn't feel it so far, but I could see that with good encounter design it could feel good? The leveling/mowing down countless hordes of mobs is whatever though.

LA's encounter design is heavily based on telegraphs, boss patterns, dps checks, and positional play. Even some of the more basic stuff has a lot of mechanics that will wipe the entire party if one person doesn't perform (e.g., everyone needs to pick up orbs in a pre-designated position. If someone doesn't do this, the entire party wipes). If you enjoy that and find it rewarding, you'll enjoy LA. If you despise that, you'll hate LA.

Here's a random Youtube of an encounter we just did (on normal) with a FoH guild group. It would presently be the most challenging encounter available, albeit it's still very simplistic compared to what's coming up. Watching 5 minutes of this will tell you whether it looks appealing to you or not (it's certainly not countless hordes of trash):

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I've managed to eek out around 150 hours this first month despite shit schedule and have to do 1 more character through roho/yorn to finish getting all my alts into T2 this week.

Now I can start playing the game. ;]

Part of me wishes I wasn't having so much fun as there are backlog games crying out for love (see you in 3 months Elden Ring), but this is scratching my MMO/ARPG itch pretty heavily.

Still have about half of the islands to explore and the other misc bs that will take a ton of boredom to do (collectibles/zone completions), but I'm happy with my progress. The rest bonus has been a god send to not getting completely fucked over for missing days. Made around 90k selling mats/flipping greater honor leapstones and converted around 50k of it to crystals/skins.

• 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I've managed to eek out around 150 hours this first month despite shit schedule and have to do 1 more character through roho/yorn to finish getting all my alts into T2 this week.

Now I can start playing the game. ;]

Part of me wishes I wasn't having so much fun as there are backlog games crying out for love (see you in 3 months Elden Ring), but this is scratching my MMO/ARPG itch pretty heavily.

Still have about half of the islands to explore and the other misc bs that will take a ton of boredom to do (collectibles/zone completions), but I'm happy with my progress. The rest bonus has been a god send to not getting completely fucked over for missing days. Made around 90k selling mats/flipping greater honor leapstones and converted around 50k of it to crystals/skins.

I was really disappointed with the release date being so close to Elden Ring. The greater honor leapstone market is where the big whales are at, the profit at 1370 selling them all is absolutely insane right now.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pyros Pyros were you ever able to figure out the weekend islands? I got locked out of the 2nd one yesterday too, although it was the first time I'd tried since I didn't know you could do two.

I haven't run one today since the afternoon ones are what I want, so I missed out on the morning island.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Lol you barely got past the tutorial. Also, "forgettable gear" lol, welcome to every game the past 15 years. The game is about the combat and the mechanics, not about jerking yourself off to some random named sword from dragon#243. The combat and boss mechanics in this game are easily among the best that has ever been released. Why do people have such lame ass reasons for not wanting to play it? My guess is they are just bad.

Hey why don't you throw a few more 'lols' in there kiddo?

• 1Moron

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Hey why don't you throw a few more 'lols' in there kiddo?

Hes not wrong, but i do also wonder if the game does get unique gear at some point. I personally dont mind it very much how it is atm but i do hope they do have some unique gear at some point that makes you yearn to get it.

Also seems like ill run out of silver faster than materials to try to enhance.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Hes not wrong, but i do also wonder if the game does get unique gear at some point. I personally dont mind it very much how it is atm but i do hope they do have some unique gear at some point that makes you yearn to get it.

Also seems like ill run out of silver faster than materials to try to enhance.

The only 'unique' gear will be crafted sets from raids, which will hit the standard MMO point that only 0.01% of the population are completing. It will still follow the same process as what you've seen thus far for the most part.

You absolutely run out of Silver in T3. I had to set up an alt train of 3 in T2 and above in order to keep up. Re-rolling gems will also cost 20k per at level 5 and above, so anyone in T3 should be getting that train ready ASAP.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As kind of expected, I hit 460 on my Berserker main and just petered out. Made a Sharpshooter and a Paladin with my power passes and those were fun and different, but after the main story and a little gear grind, I'm just not one to enjoy the constant gear grind that doesn't end. That's the whole point, I get it, but it just isn't for me.

• 1Solidarity