Lost Ark Online

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't think Arogs is intended to be hard, there are 8 man raids with hard modes later
Yeah just thought since we were at min ilvl it'd last longer and see multiple phases and stuff, but he basically died in 2 phases. It is a weirdly designed fight in how you stomp the early phases when you're going for the last too.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Wont hit 1400 to next week - However already just down to just needing 20 blood for weapon to have full set. After that what else is there?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Wont hit 1400 to next week - However already just down to just needing 20 blood for weapon to have full set. After that what else is there?
You really don't need Argos weap, Chosen is the same stats and cheaper to reroll for high quality and doesn't take weeks to farm. Personally I'm just gonna diss my blood now that I have 5pieces, you get 1-3 greater leapstone per argos blood.

There isn't really anything until they add Valtan and for that you need 1415. I'm just gonna stockpile mats until events next week see how it goes before I commit anything to the 1400+ push, I need like 800leapstones anyway so there's some time to go.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
You really don't need Argos weap, Chosen is the same stats and cheaper to reroll for high quality and doesn't take weeks to farm. Personally I'm just gonna diss my blood now that I have 5pieces, you get 1-3 greater leapstone per argos blood.

There isn't really anything until they add Valtan and for that you need 1415. I'm just gonna stockpile mats until events next week see how it goes before I commit anything to the 1400+ push, I need like 800leapstones anyway so there's some time to go.
Valtan is in May tho no? or has that been pushed out further?

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
They really need to put some new content out. I'm already done for the week on my main, only thing left is dailies for 7 days now? Ugh.

Failed a weapon at 90%, 96%, passed, 90%, passed, 60%, 66%, 72%, passed. Wasted so many fucking mats i just rage logged.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They really need to put some new content out. I'm already done for the week on my main, only thing left is dailies for 7 days now? Ugh.

Failed a weapon at 90%, 96%, passed, 90%, passed, 60%, 66%, 72%, passed. Wasted so many fucking mats i just rage logged.

Man I am glad I played some previous korean games. After things like Tera, Archaege or BDO, just wasting mats is barely an annoyance anymore. Helps that I don't care much anymore to be that top 5 or 10% gear wise(as that usually takes $ in these games) and quite happy to just trudge along at my own pace.

Enhancing in those other games, holy crap would I just log out in anger when something broke completely or down ranked multiple times.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
LOL welcome to Lost Ark. This is literally the game. It's designed specifically to give you time to play/do other shit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man I am glad I played some previous korean games. After things like Tera, Archaege or BDO, just wasting mats is barely an annoyance anymore. Helps that I don't care much anymore to be that top 5 or 10% gear wise(as that usually takes $ in these games) and quite happy to just trudge along at my own pace.

Enhancing in those other games, holy crap would I just log out in anger when something broke completely or down ranked multiple times.
Yeah I think compared to some other korean games the current shit isn't even that bad, there's even a pity. In DFO it wasn't uncommon to drop millions trying to get +12, and then ending up with just the +10 you started with. And obviously if you were retarded and went higher than +12 then it could break, so you'd just get fucking nothing. And the big downside is +12 was kinda the "baseline" but it was a piece of shit to get unless you played during one of the event that gave free +12 tickets(which they usually ran twice a year).

Like it's not a great feeling failing 15rolls and getting pity, but at the same time you know it's coming and you're still gonna get that upgrade, and you're not actively getting weaker because of bad RNG like the downranking shit.

Been upgrading my Paladin to 1370, been really fucking lucky so far. Obviously I have hone buff and books, but like I've been one tapping those 30% left and right, which makes me feel I'm gonna hit pity on everything else. Stopped cause I ran out of leapstones as usual, but I'll open some of these anguished isle boxes and shit once I have more oreha fusion mats cause I ran out of that too. Should be able to get 1370 tomorrow maybe depending on luck with the rest, and that'll be a 2nd char doing Argos/hard mode oreha for that sweet raw gold income. Although first I probably need to redo my gear a bit cause I'm at like 1.1k swiftness with lvl 3/1 engravings, and while I'm sure I can get my way into parties cause support shortage, that feels pretty cheap.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
LOL welcome to Lost Ark. This is literally the game. It's designed specifically to give you time to play/do other shit.

I dunno, if you are only after gearing one character? Aka raids, chaos, and such, sure. But if you try to do all the crap that is in this game? Island souls, masterpeices, adventure log, sea bounties, or all the other crap in collections etc? There is a shit ton to do. Even if you are playing an absurd amount of hours a day, I would think it would take you months to most of that done(and they all seem to have pretty good rewards).

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I dunno, if you are only after gearing one character? Aka raids, chaos, and such, sure. But if you try to do all the crap that is in this game? Island souls, masterpeices, adventure log, sea bounties, or all the other crap in collections etc? There is a shit ton to do. Even if you are playing an absurd amount of hours a day, I would think it would take you months to most of that done(and they all seem to have pretty good rewards).
Of course, the game is frontloaded with content because we got it so late in the West. I'm just saying, if you're expecting Lost Ark to not be a game you "finish" for the week on an hour or two/day, you're playing the wrong game.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
PTR in Korea is up with class balance changes: 테스트 서버 적용사항 상세 안내 (내용수정)
Use google translate or wait for an actually well translated version in a few hours I'd assume.

Gist of it, Mayhem Zerk, Ignite Sorc and Surge DB nerfs. Everything else buffs, some with qol changes(Destroyer always gets full gravity points without a tripod needed and removal of the tripods that need to "hit right", Lance master removal of "at the tip of the spear" tripods in favor of guaranteed tripods, Soulfist shift from dmg buffs to permanent dmg increases so you don't need the whole prep and burst then afk for 2mins thing, Scrapper removal of Charging Blow 6s dmg tripod and instead permanent increase to all dmg, Artillerist switch from high stagger on the big dmg skills to stagger on other more filler skills so you don't have to hold them and so on) and some is just dmg increases(Shadowhunter got a bunch of dmg by getting a permanent uptime 6% dmg synergy instead of the 6secs every 40secs one currently for example). Winddancer reworked somewhat, should be a nerf at certain gear levels but qol buff otherwise(mana regen replaces self crit buff).

Summoner "rework" was changing their synergy skill to also be the instant dmg tripods and giving more ways to apply it(including on Shuri the quasi permanent little orb that shoots at stuff), and basically nothing else, so yeah all the "summoner was removed cause it's getting reworked" appear to have been bullshit.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
PTR in Korea is up with class balance changes: 테스트 서버 적용사항 상세 안내 (내용수정)
Use google translate or wait for an actually well translated version in a few hours I'd assume.

Gist of it, Mayhem Zerk, Ignite Sorc and Surge DB nerfs. Everything else buffs, some with qol changes(Destroyer always gets full gravity points without a tripod needed and removal of the tripods that need to "hit right", Lance master removal of "at the tip of the spear" tripods in favor of guaranteed tripods, Soulfist shift from dmg buffs to permanent dmg increases so you don't need the whole prep and burst then afk for 2mins thing, Scrapper removal of Charging Blow 6s dmg tripod and instead permanent increase to all dmg, Artillerist switch from high stagger on the big dmg skills to stagger on other more filler skills so you don't have to hold them and so on) and some is just dmg increases(Shadowhunter got a bunch of dmg by getting a permanent uptime 6% dmg synergy instead of the 6secs every 40secs one currently for example). Winddancer reworked somewhat, should be a nerf at certain gear levels but qol buff otherwise(mana regen replaces self crit buff).

Summoner "rework" was changing their synergy skill to also be the instant dmg tripods and giving more ways to apply it(including on Shuri the quasi permanent little orb that shoots at stuff), and basically nothing else, so yeah all the "summoner was removed cause it's getting reworked" appear to have been bullshit.
Scanning over the classes I play - it looks like some really solid changes. I wonder how long it will take for those changes to make it over to the NA/EU version. Some of them would be class defining/meta changes.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Well now..

1650027555233.png

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I think compared to some other korean games the current shit isn't even that bad, there's even a pity. In DFO it wasn't uncommon to drop millions trying to get +12, and then ending up with just the +10 you started with. And obviously if you were retarded and went higher than +12 then it could break, so you'd just get fucking nothing. And the big downside is +12 was kinda the "baseline" but it was a piece of shit to get unless you played during one of the event that gave free +12 tickets(which they usually ran twice a year).

Like it's not a great feeling failing 15rolls and getting pity, but at the same time you know it's coming and you're still gonna get that upgrade, and you're not actively getting weaker because of bad RNG like the downranking shit.

Been upgrading my Paladin to 1370, been really fucking lucky so far. Obviously I have hone buff and books, but like I've been one tapping those 30% left and right, which makes me feel I'm gonna hit pity on everything else. Stopped cause I ran out of leapstones as usual, but I'll open some of these anguished isle boxes and shit once I have more oreha fusion mats cause I ran out of that too. Should be able to get 1370 tomorrow maybe depending on luck with the rest, and that'll be a 2nd char doing Argos/hard mode oreha for that sweet raw gold income. Although first I probably need to redo my gear a bit cause I'm at like 1.1k swiftness with lvl 3/1 engravings, and while I'm sure I can get my way into parties cause support shortage, that feels pretty cheap.
We're on the road for a week or so, but I was able to hit 1370 on my bard (to be main eventually) and hit up Argos p1. I wasn't able to get any abyss done though which kind of sucks. Missing out on a week of pretty much everything blows, but I was at least able to buy out all the event vendors.

Hoping I can get p2 ready next week, although I'm betting Voldeth Voldeth will be wanting the guild to be p3 ready by then.

I'm still amazed at how shit people are at this game. I know for a fact I'm not particularly good, but I'm tired of being the last one alive so often. On the last two Argos tries, one was just me and a sorc up, and the one we beat was just 4 of us. And I could chalk that up to being the only support, the same thing happens on my blade all the time in abyss or my first week of Argos.

And yeah I always come back to my BDO experience. Blowing up two tri accessories as your attempt is aids. This system is amazing in comparison.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We're on the road for a week or so, but I was able to hit 1370 on my bard (to be main eventually) and hit up Argos p1. I wasn't able to get any abyss done though which kind of sucks. Missing out on a week of pretty much everything blows, but I was at least able to buy out all the event vendors.

Hoping I can get p2 ready next week, although I'm betting Voldeth Voldeth will be wanting the guild to be p3 ready by then.

I'm still amazed at how shit people are at this game. I know for a fact I'm not particularly good, but I'm tired of being the last one alive so often. On the last two Argos tries, one was just me and a sorc up, and the one we beat was just 4 of us. And I could chalk that up to being the only support, the same thing happens on my blade all the time in abyss or my first week of Argos.

And yeah I always come back to my BDO experience. Blowing up two tri accessories as your attempt is aids. This system is amazing in comparison.
Im passively thinking people just die on purpose so they can watch YT or w/e while they get carried. "Oh darn. I died cause I stood still a second while watching YT. Guess Ill just watch YT with full attention now."

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

The goal was for this to be the final week of Argos P1 & P2. Next reset, we'll be doing P1, P2, & P3 in the guild run and moving forward until Valtan. This does require folks to be 1400 but really, I think from an overall cadence standpoint it's a decent goal to set. To be clear, I've always stressed not needing to rush to maintain playing with the guild and I've (hopefully) managed to do just that. This is why there were two weeks of normal runs instead of transitioning to hard, why there's been 3 weeks of runs that didn't include P3 even if we've had some folks ready. It's always a delicate balance when we're talking about wanting to allow people to participate without rushing - I was actually really happy to see that we had a full guild run yesterday without even including several of the regulars (I got to sit out since I had to fly out for work and didn't want to play from my laptop). This is also why there's no plans to push for hard mode Valtan immediately even if some of us will be capable of it. You play MMOs to play with people and sometimes that requires adapting your pace a bit. The end goal has always been to have folks ready for legion raids (that's where the fun stuff begins, imo) and if yesterday is any indication of attendance, we're well positioned for that.

With that being said, my alt will be 1370 as well, so I'm happy to run that stuff with your bard and set something up for regular runs with people who have advanced alts as well ( Kythik Kythik ?). Obviously I'd like to help bring your bard back up as you switch over so that we have more dedicated support players available. You 'losing' a week won't be a big deal in the grand scheme of things even if it may sort of feel bad for the week you return and such.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am hoping to hit 1400 this next time around. I was pretty lucky to get where I got this week so I am fully expecting hardship right before 1400.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I am hoping to hit 1400 this next time around. I was pretty lucky to get where I got this week so I am fully expecting hardship right before 1400.

Nice to see you work on the push -- hopefully you make it but if not, the week after should be no problem at all. Let me know if there's anything you need help with.