Lost Ark Online

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One day a company is going to take a chance,.................and ban the people purchasing the items/gold. That would stop it.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Make the game cost -something- 5 bucks? How much would it take to curb stomp this shit?
It would have little to no impact. People had to buy $50 boxes of D3 and would lose thousands in ban waves. Just to spend thousands more in accounts because they were making that much money.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The solution is hire some actual GM's who monitor and delete these pieces of shit all day. Then actually not be retarded and use tools to ban everyone running the same path, warping through the same walls, doing the same patterns, then as a final cherry ban everyone who buys gold and tell them to eat a bag of pickled pig shit when they cry about it.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
PVP Tournament starting tomorrow with a $20,000 cash prize.

...I hope it gets zero viewers and they just remove the mode completely.

Their internal test server also has the Ark Pass ready to go. Going to be interesting to see when they release that.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I haven't looked into the Lost Ark pass, does it work like how some F2P games do where you have a free "path" and a paid "path" and you basically progress both and get free shit but if you pay for it you unlock a bunch of additional shit, or is it like if you're free you progress slower so you need to grind more than if you pay? I prefer the first type as it lets you grind the same amount regardless so it's usually more on the lighter side of time requirement while providing better rewards if you pay. Or is it like the really shitty ones where you just don't get anything unless you pay?

DFO had passes and honestly they were a great use of money, it wasn't too expensive and you'd get a ton of stuff for the money you spent, as long as you did a few activities, most of which you were doing naturally anyway. I definitely don't mind these personally as long as they last long enough so you don't feel like you have to buy a pass every month(cause then it's just a sub). And even for poor ppl they were good F2P, in fact a lot of the better rewards were on the F2P path, while the paid paths unlocked a bunch of unique cosmetics and shit and more of the "basic" materials.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I haven't looked into the Lost Ark pass, does it work like how some F2P games do where you have a free "path" and a paid "path" and you basically progress both and get free shit but if you pay for it you unlock a bunch of additional shit
Yes.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So many fucking bots in this game. I mean how many people are actually playing this game? Was leveling another toon over the weekend and in every zone I seemed to be the only actual player. This is even in the last zones just before hitting level 50. Endless Zerk / Sorc bots running the exact same quest chains.

Didn't mind at first, since it kind of made the zones seem populated. But then I started to wonder if any real people were playing. I wouldn't be surprised if over half of the 300k concurrent players are bots.
Up to 50 you see a lot. I watched them in vern. Surpringly hypnotic. Was a endless stream of zerkers and sorcs. All gibberish names. All running the exact same triangle. Chaos dungeon to repair npc to potion npc back to chaos dungeon. The zerkers not even hiding they are teleporting. What happens when you have zero presence in game. Be so easy to catch them all, they are super obvious. Not sure how final you can make the bans, considering its f2p and IP bans seem easy enough to get around. But I would think it would deter to a point, especially if you getting their piles of currency they sell. Have to go after buyers really, bots will disappear if barely anyone to sell too.

Its nothing new though, especially in f2p games. Only ones that seem to somewhat curb it are pvp focused ones. Box or subs, dont seem to deter them at all really. If the game has the buyers, bots/rmt will be there, regardless of the game type.

I haven't really seen any in rohen or yorn so far.

PVP Tournament starting tomorrow with a $20,000 cash prize.

...I hope it gets zero viewers and they just remove the mode completely.

Their internal test server also has the Ark Pass ready to go. Going to be interesting to see when they release that.

Sounds like a good way to inject silver or gold, while still getting people to play outside logging in for weekly/dailies.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Up to 50 you see a lot. I watched them in vern. Surpringly hypnotic. Was a endless stream of zerkers and sorcs. All gibberish names. All running the exact same triangle. Chaos dungeon to repair npc to potion npc back to chaos dungeon. The zerkers not even hiding they are teleporting. What happens when you have zero presence in game. Be so easy to catch them all, they are super obvious. Not sure how final you can make the bans, considering its f2p and IP bans seem easy enough to get around. But I would think it would deter to a point, especially if you getting their piles of currency they sell. Have to go after buyers really, bots will disappear if barely anyone to sell too.

Its nothing new though, especially in f2p games. Only ones that seem to somewhat curb it are pvp focused ones. Box or subs, dont seem to deter them at all really. If the game has the buyers, bots/rmt will be there, regardless of the game type.

I haven't really seen any in rohen or yorn so far.
Yeah, it really only exists in Vern, Luterra Castle, and Stern from what I've seen. Happens a lot at Bastian/Sasha too. Once you get out of those 3 locations, it's pretty non-existent in my experience.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Finished Punika 100%. I'm dumb so I didn't read the reqs, but apparently the 2 stupid animals in there don't count for it, so I maxed them for nothing, the fox was whatever since it was quick and I did it entirely with songs, but the squirrel wasn't so easy(17800 rep) so it was a waste of gifts. Oh well it is what it is, shit's basically free anyway. So many fucking quests in there though, and a bunch of cringe/creepy shit, the Nia rapport quest was actually ok I thought so expected the others to be similar but Jahara is ugh. Got the 2nd bifrost key as a result since it's the 9th ignea token, 5 bifrosts now with crystalline aura. Next is East Luterra, need to get them cards.

Moake still won't drop his fucking star though, I want this crap to be over so I can farm island souls and shit from other bosses instead.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Finished Punika 100%. I'm dumb so I didn't read the reqs, but apparently the 2 stupid animals in there don't count for it, so I maxed them for nothing, the fox was whatever since it was quick and I did it entirely with songs, but the squirrel wasn't so easy(17800 rep) so it was a waste of gifts. Oh well it is what it is, shit's basically free anyway. So many fucking quests in there though, and a bunch of cringe/creepy shit, the Nia rapport quest was actually ok I thought so expected the others to be similar but Jahara is ugh. Got the 2nd bifrost key as a result since it's the 9th ignea token, 5 bifrosts now with crystalline aura. Next is East Luterra, need to get them cards.

Moake still won't drop his fucking star though, I want this crap to be over so I can farm island souls and shit from other bosses instead.

Speaking of island souls. I have probably been to Unknown Island like 50 times with jack and shit to show for it. Everytime I go I hope the slant eyed faggot who designed that system gets raped with a tire iron.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of island souls. I have probably been to Unknown Island like 50 times with jack and shit to show for it. Everytime I go I hope the slant eyed faggot who designed that system gets raped with a tire iron.
Yeah, most of the island souls need to also have a "token" system that acts as a pity way to get the soul. Something like Death's Hold where you purchase a "quest" item that rewards you with the soul if you get turbo-fucked and end up on the low-end of the curve. I've done Tooki probably 50 times as well with nada.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, most of the island souls need to also have a "token" system that acts as a pity way to get the soul. Something like Death's Hold where you purchase a "quest" item that rewards you with the soul if you get turbo-fucked and end up on the low-end of the curve. I've done Tooki probably 50 times as well with nada.
Yeah those RNG islands have shit drop rates too because they're technically every day unlike adventure. Honestly farming island souls is garbage, I have the lvl 2 island medal thing and that's good enough for me, I'll get the rest when I get it but don't really care about these. Other collectibles have better rewards for the most part. I got 13k gold from masterpieces yesterday, one time only but eh, 13k is a neat amount.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah those RNG islands have shit drop rates too because they're technically every day unlike adventure. Honestly farming island souls is garbage, I have the lvl 2 island medal thing and that's good enough for me, I'll get the rest when I get it but don't really care about these. Other collectibles have better rewards for the most part. I got 13k gold from masterpieces yesterday, one time only but eh, 13k is a neat amount.
5, then 8, then 13. I hadnt picked up those rewards in a while and got it all at once. Thats a nice chunk of change that I knew was hanging out there to get when I finally got around to it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I recommend knocking out Argon as soon as you can. Once people realize how shit that one is, it's going to get so much worse. There's only like a dozen or so statues to even try for an entire server.

I mentioned it in chat when I got it because none of the guides cover the first part, but I did a bunch of auto attacks on it first (had no armor on to avoid crits) to knock the bar on the uncarved statue down. Probably a good 20-30 attacks. After that I smacked it with the pan about 200 times. That part sucked, because tons of people would run by and smack it with their pan a dozen times before running off.

Griefing is going to suck for this one. A single auto attack would ruin my statue if someone was inclined.

Anyway, respawn is at 8pm server time at least for NA East. Got there 5 or so minutes before and just stood at an already carved one. They respawn at 8pm, and then start spawning in staggered after about 2-3 minutes (probably 3 like islands and boss events). The one the guy next to me had been standing by probably spawned in after 6 or 7 minutes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I guess there is a new Twitch event drop up at the moment. Opened up twitch to look at this PvP tournament you guys were talking about and saw it. So if you want a new mount and some other bullshit then I guess open up someone and mute them in the background.

I don't know any of these people who are Lost Ark streamers and I still say PvP in this game is bad, it honestly needs some major adjustments. I could see it being decent if classes were closer to each other and the CC was toned down a fair bit.

Also how the fuck are deathblades even allowed in their current state.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Wait are they really coming out with a $45 fuck you battle pass?? Sounds like this shit might be a waste of time. Can't find anything concrete on whatever this shit is.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Wait are they really coming out with a $45 fuck you battle pass?? Sounds like this shit might be a waste of time. Can't find anything concrete on whatever this shit is.

Clickbait shit, for now. They might price it the same, they might not, but there's no actual info on our version, just extrapolation based on the korean pricing which I'm not even sure is accurate cause their royal crystals are different than ours. Also specifically the higher paying tier is largely for the cosmetics(same as platinum pack being a bunch more expensive largely because of the mount+skin).

Also goddamn my luck has been shit for 1390+. I hit 3 pity already and one was 1hone before pity. These things are fucking 20% but somehow fail 13times in a row. Oh well it is what it is I guess, I just kinda wanted to hit 1400 before the end of the week but it doesn't look like I'll have the leapstones for it.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Clickbait shit, for now. They might price it the same, they might not, but there's no actual info on our version, just extrapolation based on the korean pricing which I'm not even sure is accurate cause their royal crystals are different than ours. Also specifically the higher paying tier is largely for the cosmetics(same as platinum pack being a bunch more expensive largely because of the mount+skin).
Not getting a good understanding for KR's benefits from it when I google. What does it provide, do you know? I know EU/US version is probably going to have different benefits, but Im thinking KR's version would give a good representation for what we would get.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not getting a good understanding for KR's benefits from it when I google. What does it provide, do you know? I know EU/US version is probably going to have different benefits, but Im thinking KR's version would give a good representation for what we would get.
From my understanding, and I've only looked into it on the surface, the free pass gives some nice mount and some mats and stuff, you get points by performing usual activities(chaos guardian abyss etc). The first tier of paid path gives a bunch more of the same mats. The 2nd tier gives more mats too and some unique cosmetics(the costume thing and I think a unique mount). Mats here is just not honing mats but also shit like pirate coins, pheons, instant una tickets and all that shit, the usual event rewards basically.

Whether it'll be worth the money or not on our version will depend on the pricing and the content so no way to know atm. At the very least, it's like a free event, but you can pay to get more stuff basically.