Lost Ark Online

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Sitting at 1440, was hoping to push to 1445 and I probably could have if I cheesed ilvl instead of trying to level it all evenly. Ended up almost hitting pity on my chest 3 times in a row which was almost triggering. Hopefully the next couple of taps aren't a giant fuck you.

I do still have a couple of alts that I need to push up to 1370 for now, but before I push any alts higher than that should I be aiming to get my main to 1460 for the honing buff? Then work on pushing alts to 1415 I guess?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
1460 honing buff isnt coming for many months still, if you want to get them higher than 1370 for argos later phases and alt runs of valtan, I would think they would pay off faster than what waiting for the honing buff would reduce.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Is the honing buff for that GS in the game at the moment? I didn't see anything about it.

Getting 1370 on all the alts is really nice for yoho leaps and argos p1 for extra GHL / gold to feed main.

Getting alts to from 1370->1415 seems like a far away plan unless you plan on doing the swiperino. You'll need like 1.5k GHL+ on each char and that shit doesn't come quickly.

Sitting at 1440, was hoping to push to 1445 and I probably could have if I cheesed ilvl instead of trying to level it all evenly. Ended up almost hitting pity on my chest 3 times in a row which was almost triggering. Hopefully the next couple of taps aren't a giant fuck you.

I do still have a couple of alts that I need to push up to 1370 for now, but before I push any alts higher than that should I be aiming to get my main to 1460 for the honing buff? Then work on pushing alts to 1415 I guess?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
So the QoL stuff is really nice, class changes feel good especially arti turret and a bunch of skills got counters added which was a nice surprise. Ended up having good luck and making around 30k today from legendary book/accessory drops from all the raids and dungeons. Also the good food spiked 100g+ on USW so I ended up dumping 50 stacks. No idea what profit is as I was just using it for stronghold level ups and for myself. Performance is dog water though. Boss rush I was getting full lock/stutter randomly and in cube kept getting groups of people randomly DCing and locking all of us at the zone ins for ~10-30 seconds at a time.

Anyone do Valtan hard? Watched a few streams of people attempting for 2-4 hours before clearing with mixed pugs. Looks fun though. I can't decide if I want to push the scrapper or glaivier to 1415 to at least start doing normal or sixth char to 1370 first.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I got a 5 expert 3 awakening swiftness earring off chaos dungeon, sadly hasn't sold yet, not sure how much it'll sell for, atm it's the "cheapest" listed at 60k so we'll see. Did make like 10k off other stuff though, and like 30k selling the leapstones I had been stockpiling(sold them yesterday which was good timing, they dropped 20% today between all the new sources and the weekly reset).

That said after doing a few things yesterday I figured I was pretty fucking bored of the game so probably gonna be taking a break anyway. Still doesn't hurt to have some gold saved up for when I start playing again.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I havent logged on in a few days - i just dont feel like looking at the amount of ilvl failures and logging to another char in the same situation :D

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
it's not even the failures that get me, because i skip the animations. It's watching my gold and stones go from 9999 to zip, gone. Even when i pass a few upgrades in there, watching my gold deplete from 10k to sub 1k every week drives me absolutely nuts.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
it's not even the failures that get me, because i skip the animations. It's watching my gold and stones go from 9999 to zip, gone. Even when i pass a few upgrades in there, watching my gold deplete from 10k to sub 1k every week drives me absolutely nuts.

So I have been honing my last piece to try and hit 1445 this week it was my chest and I went from 12 to 15 I ended up pity on 13 and 14, and now I am at like 86% on 15. I was about to juice this last hone and saw even using all mats would get me to 99.99% artisan and it's honestly killed the desire to log in. Gating content behind ilvl and then making it feel like ass on top of chores can demotivate you from playing this shit at all.

I guess it's suppose to trigger your buy more shit swipe the credit card response, but for me it simply triggers the I should uninstall this shit response instead.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ah the joys of mmo. Honestly I just stopped trying to be the top 5%. Play at your pace, upgrades come eventually(like waiting for a drop that can take weeks or months). Stop trying to beat content the hours or days its released. I will get to it eventually. Makes MMO gaming so less stressful, since the genre is all about dragging content out to its maximum possible time. Also find a fun lobby game you can jump into for an hour or 2, that breaks up the monotony of playing a MMO. I swear its like its everyone's first time. I feel MMO gamers really like to punish themselves, then find a platform to complain about it.

Probably doesn't help that MMO gaming more then anything, has streamers/influencers who are supported by a legion of simps to fund them, then they brag about their ilvls or drops and their audience and others try to keep pace with nothing but their own playtime/money, a lost cause, then are upset they can't keep up.

Granted there are some things that are worth complaining about. Bots, QoL changes being held back and mmo companies being cheap when it comes to live GM support. Some business decisions are weird or just bad, but then that just feels like MMO gaming to me(trying to stretch things for too long between content patches).

Thankfully the gaming market in its entirety is so varied these days, no reason to every burn out on one game too fast.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I have been honing my last piece to try and hit 1445 this week it was my chest and I went from 12 to 15 I ended up pity on 13 and 14, and now I am at like 86% on 15. I was about to juice this last hone and saw even using all mats would get me to 99.99% artisan and it's honestly killed the desire to log in. Gating content behind ilvl and then making it feel like ass on top of chores can demotivate you from playing this shit at all.

I guess it's suppose to trigger your buy more shit swipe the credit card response, but for me it simply triggers the I should uninstall this shit response instead.
I really hope this raid is as fun as everyone is making it sound. I'd also like to know what all this GvG shit is.

But yeah, it's getting old just pissing an entire week of materials on hones and you make zero progress.

Two days ago I found myself just not even caring enough to log in for islands, and let all my rested stack up. It's all starting to feel like a chore as I make zero progress. I can run a gold island for 600 gold once every 3-4 days, get no token, and that gold evaporates into 8% artisan energy. Or fucking Moake for like 2 months with nothing to show for it.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are aspects of this game that I hope to never see again in an MMO.

1. Boss fights with no health bar.
2. Ilevel systems that revolve around crafting and failing a lot.
3. a loot system where you never actually use the loot you get.

Just to name some obvious ones.

I still play this but I am no where near where you guys are noping out at. I will get pissed, take a small break and then come back. There is honestly nothing on the market right now that intrigues me enough to pull me away from this game yet. The closest thing is Throne and Liberty and who knows what kind of game that will turn out to be as it to is Korean. Ashes of Creation would be the next one but that is years away.

As Cinge stated, it really makes more sense not to try and be the top 5%. Do I want to be able to just slaughter everything and take barely any damage? I suppose but then what is the fun of the game if it is handed to me so easily. I know I can compete with Mr. Bot, I have to much money, or I can play this game 20 hours a day. So I just play it the best I can while still trying to enjoy it.

At the 1445+ level I would seriously just assume every piece will pity out. If one does not, YAY!!!! surprise. If you just run with that idea, it might work better.

As a reference, I am at 1412.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I still play this but I am no where near where you guys are noping out at. I will get pissed, take a small break and then come back. There is honestly nothing on the market right now that intrigues me enough to pull me away from this game yet. The closest thing is Throne and Liberty and who knows what kind of game that will turn out to be as it to is Korean. Ashes of Creation would be the next one but that is years away.

I'll take a stab at this (albeit, I don't want to speak for Gravel & Booze even if I'm using them as examples of what I believe to be the problem): To start with Booze as an example, here's someone who has been playing more than I have these last few weeks. He's dedicated, advancing, and playing an MMO in a hardcore capacity. This should be rewarding provided the skill level is there. For him however, it's not - he's not able to hit 1445 and potential gain the chance at making boat loads of gold via accessories. This is a repeat of what occurred at the beginning of the game (where I made my money) and because he was a few days behind, he lost that opportunity. Because his honing luck was ass here, he's in a similar position. There is a solution however: swipe a credit card and buy the materials. That design absolutely sucks and, for anyone who doesn't have a gambling addiction, is just a 'nope' point.

Gravel is also someone playing a boat load. He even brought his bard back up to speed in record time but the amount of fun content is now limited to him; thus if these raids aren't engaging, his care level will go down even more.

But the game doesn't cater to that audience. It caters to people similar to you, which is probably why you're much further off from cancelling. Think about it: your playtime is likely 1/10th of mine and you're within 50 gear score of me. I have no way to create greater separation other than swiping (thankfully however in my case, due to my early gainings, I don't even need to factor this in really).

From my standpoint, I've been enjoying watching the Valtan hard progress on streams. I'm looking forward to learning normal on Saturday with the guild and starting the GVG activities.It's going to be a twice a week commitment with some chores thrown in every now and then for me but I knew that going in. Part of my enthusiasm is for the latter part of your logic though; I know that if I wasn't playing this, I wouldn't have another MMO to play and this is a genre I enjoy. That doesn't make it any less frustrating though. This is also why I've kept informing people that no, there is no rush for hard mode for the guild. We're going to play this at a pace that benefits people who are playing regularly but not a crazy amount; in short, you've likely found an MMO that (even with frustration) is ideal for your situation and you realize that the market won't have one like that for some time again. Others will need to make the decision if they're okay with the frustration and adjust or do what Raes originally suggested when he spoke about the game originally and people seemed confused (which is take breaks and come back when classes are released).

Edit: I'll also note that I do think a lot of you are crazy critical on yourselves relating to gold generation. If you have 20-25kg, you're rich by most standards. If you have 100k, you're legit 0.01%. Legit KR is that we sat on materials but waited for our weeklies for gold just to try and hone for months. AGS really fucked up the economy with their version and the perception of wealth as a result of our audience being silly.

Last edited:

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Spent 15k on GHL and went for 1415 from 1400 so I could do Valtan. Had 28 leftover from my stock and what I bought. Ended up 1 tapping fully juice 14-15 weapon the rest was pretty average luck. Time to commit to this character and get some relic accessories and go for that +20 I guess =O

gargleondeez.jpg

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Spent 15k on GHL and went for 1415 from 1400 so I could do Valtan. Had 28 leftover from my stock and what I bought. Ended up 1 tapping fully juice 14-15 weapon the rest was pretty average luck. Time to commit to this character and get some relic accessories and go for that +20 I guess =O

Are you enjoying the scrapper as much as I am? The buffs were intense for a class I already liked but it feels really good to play now.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Are you enjoying the scrapper as much as I am? The buffs were intense for a class I already liked but it feels really good to play now.

It's definitely my favorite, but as of yet none of the classes I've taken to T3 so far in this game click like the classes I've mained in other MMOs or even ARPG builds that I end up loving and spending 100s of hours on. I still have fun with the game obviously and scrapper has proven great for all around enjoyment regardless of activity. I even have two sets of accessories for both taijutsu and shock for when I want to change it up. Roundup sweep spam is also amazing now when clearing chaos.

The one thing I genuinely dislike about the game (the rest are minor grievances) is knowing classes can change dramatically at certain stat/gear break points, but it's such a slog of time and resources to get end game geared and has been the closest thing to giving me analysis paralysis for what to commit with when I normally don't give a crap. I'm sure that'll change down the line with honing buffs and longevity and blah blah blah.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Game can fuck off for having so many classes that are so different and fun to play with satisfying combat. Thought I’d be done with leveling characters after I got my third to 1370+. Then I tried destroyer and find it incredibly fun albeit slow as hell. I’ll hit t3 with it tomorrow.

Game is like crack. I play a lot(at least it feels like it to me) and I typically hate daily grinding type shit, but I’m doing that shit on 6 toons now and haven’t gotten tired of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
It's definitely my favorite, but as of yet none of the classes I've taken to T3 so far in this game click like the classes I've mained in other MMOs or even ARPG builds that I end up loving and spending 100s of hours on. I still have fun with the game obviously and scrapper has proven great for all around enjoyment regardless of activity. I even have two sets of accessories for both taijutsu and shock for when I want to change it up. Roundup sweep spam is also amazing now when clearing chaos.

The one thing I genuinely dislike about the game (the rest are minor grievances) is knowing classes can change dramatically at certain stat/gear break points, but it's such a slog of time and resources to get end game geared and has been the closest thing to giving me analysis paralysis for what to commit with when I normally don't give a crap. I'm sure that'll change down the line with honing buffs and longevity and blah blah blah.

The moment Scouter is released I'm basically instantly re-rolling my main, which is why I've been pretty cheap with my Soulfist in terms of buying materials (I didn't even bother boosting to 1475 and I'm sitting at 1465). I have a lot of strong dislikes about the game but classes & combat are exceptional to me, albeit I would agree that some classes just have breakouts far too late to properly gauge whether you'll enjoy them. Spec classes change pretty heavily with access to relic accessories as the up-time becomes crazy in some cases but you don't really get a feel for this until you've invested heavily into the character. With that being said, there are a lot of stupid easy fixes for issues that the game has which leaves me dumbfounded that they don't implement them immediate - the class morphs are a lot more complex of a problem though and I do seriously hand it to SG in that their balance is really, really good. There's no class that I wouldn't take for legion raids, which coming from more traditional MMOs feels really good.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, rage hammer or gravity training? Read a lot that says rage hammer is more dps, but bonking shit with gravity training is fun as hell.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The moment Scouter is released I'm basically instantly re-rolling my main, which is why I've been pretty cheap with my Soulfist in terms of buying materials (I didn't even bother boosting to 1475 and I'm sitting at 1465). I have a lot of strong dislikes about the game but classes & combat are exceptional to me, albeit I would agree that some classes just have breakouts far too late to properly gauge whether you'll enjoy them. Spec classes change pretty heavily with access to relic accessories as the up-time becomes crazy in some cases but you don't really get a feel for this until you've invested heavily into the character. With that being said, there are a lot of stupid easy fixes for issues that the game has which leaves me dumbfounded that they don't implement them immediate - the class morphs are a lot more complex of a problem though and I do seriously hand it to SG in that their balance is really, really good. There's no class that I wouldn't take for legion raids, which coming from more traditional MMOs feels really good.

That's the ironman class right? That one looks fun too, I never did try it on RU before NA came out.

I'd love to see something that isnt dps, tank, current support(HoTs, dmg/atk buff and shields). Not sure what though, since debuffs are spread out among all the specs.