Lost Ark Online

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Lost Ark has way too many insta wipe mechanics. Or they did, idk about now.

The game was frequently very poor in telling you what you did wrong or what caused the wipe. Couple that with one mistake = everyone dies and it becomes extremely frustrating

I mean really only if you completely blew ass. I don't know about Clown and beyond but prior to that you could fuck up many times and the few one shot things only came about if you were too fucking stupid to type letters or move to obvious places. I guess if you were like a retard who couldn't differentiate between 3 colors you could die in that one abyss dungeon.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I mean really only if you completely blew ass. I don't know about Clown and beyond but prior to that you could fuck up many times and the few one shot things only came about if you were too fucking stupid to type letters or move to obvious places. I guess if you were like a retard who couldn't differentiate between 3 colors you could die in that one abyss dungeon.

Pretty much this. It's an unpopular opinion however the fact that Brelshaza hard is, you know, hard is fine by me. Yes, the mechanics are punishing and if *one* person fucks up, it can screw up the entire raid. While I'm not a particular fan of this type of design the raids are 8 man and expecting everyone to perform at that stage is fine by me.

If you want a real laugh, try parsing. There are a lot of truly terrible players who do not pull their own weight in a raid. Now that the content is challenging and there are DPS requirements (e.g. you can't just do ZDPS and focus solely on mechanics) people are not able to complete the content. These are the people who are most vocal about how wipe mechanics are terrible as they had to play swiftness classes and just do mechanics for a long time and now that Brelshaza hard effectively doesn't allow them to be carried they can't cope.

Lost Ark has way too many insta wipe mechanics. Or they did, idk about now.

The game was frequently very poor in telling you what you did wrong or what caused the wipe. Couple that with one mistake = everyone dies and it becomes extremely frustrating

While I agree that there's a lot of wipe mechanics, not sure I understand that the game does a poor job of telling you. WIpe mechanics are incredibly telegraph'd (the boss will traditionally port somewhere and the stagger bar gets locked).

Even the final story dungeon for elgacia has a wipe mechanic that gibs casuals who don't know what to do, only saving grace is it lets you plume and resume.

But Kayangel is where the gatekeeping will kick into high gear if you haven't gotten the ancient brel armor since you won't be able to upgrade to set Lvl 3 or convert to akkan gear. Meanwhile bus prices are still high for HM and burnout is high until aeromancer maybe.

The wipe mechanic has a giant text in the middle of the screen that tells you what to do and, as you said, allows you to plume even if you don't follow the instructions. It's the definition of a forgiving mechanic that tells you how it works. The upgrade system is the exact same as it was before (you had to do Valtan & Vykas to get your full set, clown to upgrade the set, Brel normal to upgrade again, and finally Brel hard to bring it to ancient. Now it requires Kayangel to get to level 3.

For avoidance of doubt: you can do gate 1-4 hard in Brel and get your full set of ancient gear. You can do then Kayangel normal to upgrade to level 3, which is insanely easy. Kayangel hard is hard as fuck but not necessary to get your set. There is no hard upgrade path here.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Paladin has to be one of my all-time favorite classes in an MMO/RPG ever. They were just so mechanically fun and while they were obviously a "healer", the way they handled the stagger/counter mechanics in LA meant you couldn't just be a trash ass, shitty heal bot either.

It's just too bad the rest of the game was littered with daily chores, super tedious "collection" type shit (I fucking HATE this in BDO as well when it comes to their adventure logs), and weeb shit galore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Paladin was a fun healer type class, but the stuff you had to slot in order to actually heal was a big barrier of entry. Those catch-up events helped, but it was always dumb how you needed events to realistically do that. It would be like if I rolled a priest in WoW and had to get rare drops or pay shitloads of money to heal more than a bandage can

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Paladin was one of the least gear dependent classes I played. I was topping healing/shielding with my paladins using complete trash items even in Brel; often beating bards with actual gear. A few people, rightfully, laughed at my horrible gear in the lobby only to be crushed.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Paladin was a fun healer type class, but the stuff you had to slot in order to actually heal was a big barrier of entry. Those catch-up events helped, but it was always dumb how you needed events to realistically do that. It would be like if I rolled a priest in WoW and had to get rare drops or pay shitloads of money to heal more than a bandage can

Did you even play this game? From a wannabe streamer you really are bottom of the barrel when it comes to actually playing them it sounds.

Paladin was one of the easiest supports to play and gear. There wasn't any massive gear requirements either. People would suck your dick and carry damn near any support just to have one when I played this.

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Yup, I probably did suck at this mouse move garbage. Glad I helped make the servers a better place by leaving the game so the last thousand players in NA can enjoy it more

• 1Worf
  • 1Salty

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Paladin is considered the worse of all healers. They are insanely easy to play however lack efficiency precisely because so many of their abilities overlap and do everything at the cost of doing them well. Saying that they require a lot to get get to work doesn't eliminate you from the Lost Ark discussion, it eliminates you from playing any modern MMO.

The game literally allows you to have up to 5 presets for gear & abilities that you can change in any city. You can automatically set these presets to be used when you go into a specific content. There is no cost for changing this around. You're sitting here telling us about a "big barrier to entry"; I don't respond or defend the stupid shit Lost Ark does relating to honing / daily chores but anyone who talks about abilities for classes being gated is retarded.

Edit:

Yup, I probably did suck at this mouse move garbage. Glad I helped make the servers a better place by leaving the game so the last thousand players in NA can enjoy it more

Just as an FYI:

1686937843250.png

This is concurrent players. There was also 30 or so channels active on Wednesday in Elgacia while leveling up, which is gated to 1540 or higher. I'm sitting at the World Boss 15 minutes early and there's about 15 players on my screen with multiple channels locked:

1686938059823.png

second screenshot now that it's about to spawn (I had to zoom in and cut half the people out because it was too big for the boards to post):

1686938384995.png

This is at 2PM before people get off work on a Friday. Someone needs to sit me down and explain this 'dead game' shit that people keep telling me about because I'm clearly missing something.

Last edited:

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you're on a low pop server you're lucky if there was a 2nd channel for WB would be the issue there, because they have taken too long before entertaining merges or allowing server transfers.

Elgacia WB is a better fight than Rowen's as well, even if the rewards and ease of getting there were the same we would always pick Elgacia.

Last edited:

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I agree that server merges should have happened a long time ago and I've heard some horror stories from low population folks, thankfully the individual who picked the FoH server was a genius and picked a high population server that had limited queues at launch.

• 1Like

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Paladin was one of the least gear dependent classes I played. I was topping healing/shielding with my paladins using complete trash items even in Brel; often beating bards with actual gear. A few people, rightfully, laughed at my horrible gear in the lobby only to be crushed.

Winning healing/shielding vs 1 other support means that the DPS in your party were face-tanking retards. Congrats, they put the bad DPS with the undergeared support.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I hate to defend this game given the sheer amount of slant eye bullshit in it, but goddamn some of these complaints baffle the ever living fuck out of me. Supports aren't hard to gear and equip. As for Paladins you're job isn't just to heal well maybe if you are an assblowing shittard who thinks 1 shots in this game are too far beyond them.. but playing a paladin properly in Lock Ark has you mitigate through shielding, damage reduction, being an Ace at stagger checks, and buffing your DPS at key times so they can big dick it.

However that is all probably to nuanced for folks who stand in beams, can't handle Mavis Beacon teaches typing, and don't know how to move in one of the most fluid responsive games on the market. There are thousands of valid complains about Lost Ark, but combat, raids, access to skills, resspecs aren't fucking one of them.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
The only complaint I had back a few months ago when I treid to get back into this was the Roster lvl gatekeepering. Yes I get it, yes people just want to do shit and move on with their day, but you do not need 150 roster level for Valtan.

Its a shame too cause I like the game I just cant put 12 hours a day into it for 10 alts.

• 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Winning healing/shielding vs 1 other support means that the DPS in your party were face-tanking retards. Congrats, they put the bad DPS with the undergeared support.

I purposefully stand in mechs and soak non lethal damage often with a Paladin in a group. I also traditionally account for 20-30% of my raid's DPS on something like Brel hard and haven't missed a week one clear on any content.

I hate to defend this game given the sheer amount of slant eye bullshit in it, but goddamn some of these complaints baffle the ever living fuck out of me. Supports aren't hard to gear and equip. As for Paladins you're job isn't just to heal well maybe if you are an assblowing shittard who thinks 1 shots in this game are too far beyond them.. but playing a paladin properly in Lock Ark has you mitigate through shielding, damage reduction, being an Ace at stagger checks, and buffing your DPS at key times so they can big dick it.

However that is all probably to nuanced for folks who stand in beams, can't handle Mavis Beacon teaches typing, and don't know how to move in one of the most fluid responsive games on the market. There are thousands of valid complains about Lost Ark, but combat, raids, access to skills, resspecs aren't fucking one of them.

Pretty much this. I'm the resident LA fanboy but some of the arguments against the game are just sheer retards. Imagine thinking the Lost Ark Paladin is an example of a poorly designed and gatekept class.

The only complaint I had back a few months ago when I treid to get back into this was the Roster lvl gatekeepering. Yes I get it, yes people just want to do shit and move on with their day, but you do not need 150 roster level for Valtan.

Its a shame too cause I like the game I just cant put 12 hours a day into it for 10 alts.

If I make a Valtan lobby, I have the choice between some 120 Roster level individual or the 200 Roster level Addicted to Delight title player. I invite a lot of folks who talk about gatekeeping to do this: make a group -- they fill up EXTREMELY quickly. It takes 5-10 minutes for farm content to fill and you have your choice of players. I'm not actively gatekeeping you, I'm just taking the player that will make things go faster. With that being said, the guild does organized runs 3-5 times a week and we'll invite anyone from the forums even if they're poorly geared for farm content.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
I purposefully stand in mechs and soak non lethal damage often with a Paladin in a group. I also traditionally account for 20-30% of my raid's DPS on something like Brel hard and haven't missed a week one clear on any content.

Pretty much this. I'm the resident LA fanboy but some of the arguments against the game are just sheer retards. Imagine thinking the Lost Ark Paladin is an example of a poorly designed and gatekept class.

If I make a Valtan lobby, I have the choice between some 120 Roster level individual or the 200 Roster level Addicted to Delight title player. I invite a lot of folks who talk about gatekeeping to do this: make a group -- they fill up EXTREMELY quickly. It takes 5-10 minutes for farm content to fill and you have your choice of players. I'm not actively gatekeeping you, I'm just taking the player that will make things go faster. With that being said, the guild does organized runs 3-5 times a week and we'll invite anyone from the forums even if they're poorly geared for farm content.

Is the a FoH guild? Apparently I am on a now dead server so I am redownloading

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Completed Kayangel on hard mode:

1687070863693.png

Gate 4 is likely my favorite gate of all time. The difficulty here is absolutely intense and it's not possible to carry any dead weight. It's also the most reliant on having a support that pulls their own weight. E elidib I dream of having you hop into Discord and say "I'm back" just to run this with you.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Building off of previous months, another wave of quality of life changes (QoL) will accompany the July Update, paving the way for the major batch of progression changes arriving in August.
  • Basic Honing Growth Boost extended up to 1490.
    • Tier 3 Lv. 1340 Gear Level 19 basic honing success rate increases by 5%
    • Tier 3 Lv. 1340 Gear Level 20 basic honing success rate increases by 3%
    • Tier 3 Lv. 1340 Gear Level 19~20 Gear XP requirements decreases by 50%
    • Tier 3 Lv. 1340 Gear Level 19~20 Honing material and price required decreases by 40%
    • Tier 3 Lv. 1340 Gear Level 19~20 Gold price honing cost decreases by 100%
  • A Legendary wandering merchant will be added to make it easier for players to collect stepping stone cards, such as Balthorr, Delain Armen, and Jederico.
  • Players will no longer need to use Pheons to move ability stones and accessories to other characters within the same Roster. However, moving an item within the Roster will count against number of trades for that item.
  • Battle items will now be roster bound.
  • The materials to craft Relic Brelshaza Gear will be removed. Instead, players will be able to earn “Phantom Intentions”, the crafting material for Brelshaza Ancient Gear, from Normal difficulty. Rewards will improve for both Normal and Hard modes.