Lost Ark Online

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
In 3 days they will remove the gold cost and greatly reduce materials for honing from 1460 to 1490. I am not sure if you can skip getting the Valtan/Vykas relic set after the update, I would assume not, but they are removing Brel NM mats so you can craft the higher relic set at 1490 and proceed higher much easier.

Should also mention they are removing the pheon cost for transfering from your own alts, so acquiring ability stones / accessories for your other characters now becomes more viable.

Which serves as a great reminder that E elidib BoozeCube BoozeCube Daidraco Daidraco and any others that I missed should come play again. Utnayan Utnayan is also invited for drunken raid nights.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Once in a while I consider it but Dibbles 4 has soured me on gaming for a bit. What a shame of an IP, at least this Korean Pay to Win FOMO extravaganza game is miles above that one. It just makes me sad how such an iconic IP can be ruined so quickly.

• 1Worf

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Wow, didn't even add me to that list. I am disappoint. And sad. :emoji_cry:
You're on the 'and any others that I missed'! Plus Scouter buffs next patch.
Once in a while I consider it but Dibbles 4 has soured me on gaming for a bit. What a shame of an IP, at least this Korean Pay to Win FOMO extravaganza game is miles above that one. It just makes me sad how such an iconic IP can be ruined so quickly.

Guaran-fucking-tee that you'll get more enjoyment out of doing Clown, Brel, & Kayangel at least once than all of the time spent on D4 put together. Lumi Lumi & Cyni Cyni can also jail you on clown if you ever miss the D4 experience.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
You're on the 'and any others that I missed'! Plus Scouter buffs next patch.

My Scouter is still like only 1100GS. I haven't played much, but I do log in from time to time. I've been gradually pushing up my Sorc's gear score, so that she can gain experience doing new continents, in order for me to be able to xp train my Scouter and other alts higher, so that I can use KT to skip continents, since the only reason to do them is for xp. I know you get lots of xp from doing raids and dailies and stuff, but this allows me to do this casually, without a lot of grinding. At some point I plan to take another deep dive (since the new mmos that I was looking forward to are turning out to be such shit) so I'm just preparing for that. I've stocked up quite a bit of mats, but I get constantly fucking pissed off at all the different boxes of shit that contain exactly the same shit but DO NOT STACK. Fucking pricks.

I do want to try out the new scythe class, too.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
My Scouter is still like only 1100GS. I haven't played much, but I do log in from time to time. I've been gradually pushing up my Sorc's gear score, so that she can gain experience doing new continents, in order for me to be able to xp train my Scouter and other alts higher, so that I can use KT to skip continents, since the only reason to do them is for xp. I know you get lots of xp from doing raids and dailies and stuff, but this allows me to do this casually, without a lot of grinding. At some point I plan to take another deep dive (since the new mmos that I was looking forward to are turning out to be such shit) so I'm just preparing for that. I've stocked up quite a bit of mats, but I get constantly fucking pissed off at all the different boxes of shit that contain exactly the same shit but DO NOT STACK. Fucking pricks.

I do want to try out the new scythe class, too.

I wouldn't worry too much about GS or catching up. They just tossed a 1460 Powerpass out and with the changes coming (no gold requirement to hone up until 1490) a returning player can legitimately be raiding Brel normal within a week. Cynical is a good example of that, he just started back up a few days ago and already has a Summoner at about the Valtan/Vykas hard level.

I feel like a broken record but I constantly have people asking me why I'm sticking with Lost Ark and the reality is that there's no other MMO on the market or upcoming that even remotely looks interesting. There is no hope for 2023 or even 2024. At that stage, I'd rather enjoy the combat & raid encounters that LA brings than spend my time playing Steam titles I've already beaten.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I wouldn't worry too much about GS or catching up. They just tossed a 1460 Powerpass out and with the changes coming (no gold requirement to hone up until 1490) a returning player can legitimately be raiding Brel normal within a week. Cynical is a good example of that, he just started back up a few days ago and already has a Summoner at about the Valtan/Vykas hard level.

I feel like a broken record but I constantly have people asking me why I'm sticking with Lost Ark and the reality is that there's no other MMO on the market or upcoming that even remotely looks interesting. There is no hope for 2023 or even 2024. At that stage, I'd rather enjoy the combat & raid encounters that LA brings than spend my time playing Steam titles I've already beaten.

It's not so much about the GS, I'm just using the GS to gain xp, for skill points, and xp training, which will allow me to use KT and not worry about the xp loss. It's just a way of casually increasing those things, that requires minimal time investment. I'll prolly be using the 1460 PP on my scouter and the Punika pass on the Soulwrencher or whatever it's called.

Been a bit busy with work this past year and lately been spending most of my free time improving my skills at poker, and playing the new MMO, ChatGPT. Sucks that it's text based, but it's fun.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
The hyper express was likely my biggest boost, just had to buy a handful of fusions to get it on a roll, each stage gave me enough materials to hone up to next. I still have a shitload of everything except fusions, and I prob have enough to go 1490+

This is a free event, not a single dime spent, tons of honing mats, 40 relic stones, 100 relic jewellery, bunch of cards, tons of engravings, big chunk of gold ect ect

The only thing I'm truly lacking aside from skillpoints, is runes. (yeah I'm missing ALOT of stuff, I mean basics) Not sure if I'm missing some catchup quests for runes, but I haven't seen a single one anywhere aside from the 2 greens bought off ships. The handful I have are lower quality from launch when I played deathblade/pally to 50. I'll figure it out here soon, just hasn't been my top priority, and haven't read up on them indepth yet.

I'm having fun, I even did some PVP yesterday after doing Rowen, and I haven't done PVP in a very long time. Course most people just ran away when I start throwing pets and shit at them, not sure why lol, but ran into some real pvpers that completely wiped the floor with me in seconds, and I didn't even mind.

Plenty of themepark stuff to do, I can't see myself getting bored.

Not gonna lie, I've tossed about 100$ at the game, did a boost for summoner, exchanged for blue crystals to expand card slots, and got a 30 day crystal buff, and that is basically a subscription in my mind. All of that I could have done free in a week or 2. I'm an adult with some throwaway money, and I don't have fuck all to do until end of October.

Which is less than what I paid for D4 Ultimate at around 130ish CAD, and I'm not even interested in playing S1 or the game, or any Blizzard game ever again. Fuck I'd sell my account for LA gold before S1 if I had a taker, it's tied to my WoW accounts too(no nothing really of value there), I'd just have to strip/change my personal info/billing.

People buy bunches of tokens for gold from Blizzard all the time without blinking an eye, in fact there were more than a few of us during Legion that did that, I recall the frequent discussions with many guild members when we were gaming the system to get the best return on dollar>gold. Later it was gaming the system to pad our battle.net balances too. I also recall a couple people getting banned at the start of Legion for paying big bucks to get a chinaman to level them through less than a week of content.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Not gonna lie, I've tossed about 100$ at the game, did a boost for summoner, exchanged for blue crystals to expand card slots, and got a 30 day crystal buff, and that is basically a subscription in my mind. All of that I could have done free in a week or 2. I'm an adult with some throwaway money, and I don't have fuck all to do until end of October.
If you're going to spend $$ on the game, take my advice and buy gold from someone who hand farms it with a solid rep from somewhere like epicnpc.com. If you don't mind waiting several months to get to end game you're fine but otherwise, if you want to do cutting edge end game content within a reasonable amount of time you probably need to spend at least 500$ at this point. So my advice is really don't spend any $$ at all whatsoever until you're absolutely sure you want to pursue this game seriously because unless you dedicate significant time and money you won't really get very far anyways. Therefore you're way better off just slowly grinding for free until you have all of the farmable only things like runes/skill pt pots etc.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
If you're going to spend $$ on the game, take my advice and buy gold from someone who hand farms it with a solid rep from somewhere like epicnpc.com. If you don't mind waiting several months to get to end game you're fine but otherwise, if you want to do cutting edge end game content within a reasonable amount of time you probably need to spend at least 500$ at this point. So my advice is really don't spend any $$ at all whatsoever until you're absolutely sure you want to pursue this game seriously because unless you dedicate significant time and money you won't really get very far anyways. Therefore you're way better off just slowly grinding for free until you have all of the farmable only things like runes/skill pt pots etc.
I'll never be that kind of player again, just don't have that motivation/drive I once had for this shit 20 years ago. I'm perfectly fine with being adequate for most of the content, if it takes some time that's fine. Time I have lots of for next several months. If i find I do want to be serious about top end content, I'll have no issue throwing down some coin on a hobby I'm enjoying.

If that excludes me from the top content, I'll still have fun doing lesser shit with yas. Besides I need to actually learn to play too, could stick me in best 1600+ gear today, and I still wouldn't be useful for awhile.

Voldeth is 100% right, there isn't a single thing on the the horizon worth playing. For me, it's this, or Guildwars 2, LA has a complex gear progression system, GW2...doesn't. I got plenty of time for a game that doesn't require me to buy xpacs or keep a subscription going.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I feel like a broken record but I constantly have people asking me why I'm sticking with Lost Ark and the reality is that there's no other MMO on the market or upcoming that even remotely looks interesting.
This is what matters the most. While Lost Ark was one of my top games I was looking forward to, I ended up disliking almost everything about it except the combat.

If you are having fun with it, that's all that counts. I wish I could find a title that I could stick with for awhile, but almost every new release of any game that was on my radar has been a spectacular disappointment.

Please, dear God, don't let Starfield suck too 😞

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I dunno if I'm ready to get back to honing yet...
honing1.jpg

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
1688999253218.png

I've spent about $700 between both my accounts (card packs account for 75% of that, skins the rest). Given the amount of time spent on the game, I'm gonna go ahead and say I've gotten my money's worth.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I have enough selection packs to complete the LoS set, and wouldn't take much work to get first awakening set (had copies of half of them too, must have been working towards it before) Is this still the set to aim for?

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I have enough selection packs to complete the LoS set, and wouldn't take much work to get first awakening set (had copies of half of them too, must have been working towards it before) Is this still the set to aim for?
Unless it gets you LoS 18 don't bother. Get all of the free ones possible and then use selection to get LoS 18.

• 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

Save all selection packs until you are either;

1) close to LOS 18 -- at which point it's acceptable to use some.
2) Close to LOS 30 -- at which point their worth is at the highest point.

It is still the end game set for most people. There are other cards that are used for some content (e.g. legion commanders for Kayangel) but LOS is still the best.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
I can’t believe it but I started playing this fucking game because I want something to play and everything else in the space seems terrible atm. Raids are really fantastic but there’s a lot of kr junk. Roster 35 and a couple of chars at 1460 atm, smashed valtan + vykas, going to hone summoner up to 1490 after patch (as I get resources) and try clown / Brel.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I can’t believe it but I started playing this fucking game because I want something to play and everything else in the space seems terrible atm. Raids are really fantastic but there’s a lot of kr junk. Roster 35 and a couple of chars at 1460 atm, smashed valtan + vykas, going to hone summoner up to 1490 after patch (as I get resources) and try clown / Brel.

This is pretty accurate. I'll never defend the Asian bs systems that this game has but the combat, class design, & raid encounters are absolutely top notch and blows everything presently on the market out of the water. Don't hesitate to hop in Discord if you need any help running raids!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks like they removed the upper relic set entirely, which means you are forced to G1/G2 Brel at 1490 in order to craft the ancient set instead of giving us free 1510.

And... looks like they screwed up because they did not account for that. Inc maintenance.
I have a pre brel weapon and I crafted the new brel weapon but when I go to honing to transfer the pre brel weapon doesnt show up as a transfer. Anyone else having this problem?
Same with a piece of armor.

edit: even with +3% I still pitied my first alt weapon to 1490, and an armor piece too. Brutal. Surprised we haven't gotten another maintenance yet for gear transfer + event token issues.

Last edited: