Lost Ark Online

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Thanks for the run earlier, had zero idea what was going on. I'll figure it out, I hadn't even gotten to the point of reading up on raid/group encounters yet.

To put it in WoW terms, I now feel like a guy that just managed to kill hogger, and suddenly my guild ran me through MC and I suddenly have raid loot at lvl 10 lol. 4 piece set procs a lot.

Stat/engraving advice was appreciated, I knew better, but completely slipped my mind to equip proper accessories and redo those engravings, I didn't realize how much that actually mattered, slipped my mind I had 92 boxes of relic accessories. Summoner is much smoother to play now with crit/swift at the proper amounts.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the offer Voldeth Voldeth but I’m on EU.

Thoughts after playing for a month~ (started last day of 1445 powerpass and made a smn, then scrapper with 1460) -

* Legion raid combat is really, really good. I don’t like isometric as much as 3rd person but I don’t think it matters here, chasing back on scrapper has been fantastic

* Anything in open world is soulless/boring, except mokoko island

* Dailies are less bothersome than I thought they would be, but I have only 2 characters and I’m only doing chaos dungeons while rested on one, and guardians while rested on both. I can see how this would be rougher if you tried to do a lot on 6 characters but it doesn’t seem like you need to to keep up one char to current prog ilvl (?)

* This game is mega doomed - I’ve got 2 characters at 149x ilvl (roster 4x) and I’ve beaten valtan/vykas 10x~ now, and done brel 1-2nm 3x. I cannot get into any groups without a buddy sneaking me in somehow basically, even though I do ok damage. There’s almost no prog groups, just bus options. And the times I have screwed up in vykas the group just disbands basically. There’s just no way normies are getting into this and sticking with it - need to e.g., remove raidwide wipes from valtan vykas at least.

I will continue to play for now because legion raids are so fun, see how challenging it is to get more into it. I think I’m going to make an Aeromancer with the 1490 powerpass and try to find a group to prog clown with.

Last edited:

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yah you're 100% right about the community. There is so much homework to be done that any wasted time at all is heavily scrutinized by the players and people start raging at small mistakes. The people that have 6x mains they run through raids each week get completely triggered and gatekeep anything but overgeared people by 50ilvls.

If Q/Lumi/Vold didnt play this game I dont think i'd last more than a few weeks.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
The community is extreme in so far as gatekeeping is concerned, albeit as I've mentioned I don't know an MMO that didn't have this. I sure as fuck didn't accept a melee that didn't have a haste item while grinding AAs, a necro in an AOE group, or a Paladin tank if I didn't have an alternative option in EQ. When pushing keys in WoW, you factor IO when inviting folks, etc.

The August patch is going to be a big one for them. They were dumb as fuck to have it include so much: Akkan, balance patch, Aeromancer, etc. I don't think it's going to bring too many players back since at this stage getting to Akkan is quite the endeavor but for players like me, it's pretty much 2-3 months of cool shit to do. I'm pretty happy with my main 6 roster:

1690736599852.png

Aeromancer will need to move into the second page alts, which I haven't really touched very much (there's just too much to do in a week to focus on them):

1690736647544.png

There's also a lot of QOL that KR is getting which we'll see shortly aimed at attracting players to return (1x Guardian raid per day rather than 2, Chaos dungeons being quicker, etc) but I don't see that actually attracting people; the people who complain about that are a lost cause.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
The community is extreme in so far as gatekeeping is concerned, albeit as I've mentioned I don't know an MMO that didn't have this. I sure as fuck didn't accept a melee that didn't have a haste item while grinding AAs, a necro in an AOE group, or a Paladin tank if I didn't have an alternative option in EQ. When pushing keys in WoW, you factor IO when inviting folks, etc.

The August patch is going to be a big one for them. They were dumb as fuck to have it include so much: Akkan, balance patch, Aeromancer, etc. I don't think it's going to bring too many players back since at this stage getting to Akkan is quite the endeavor but for players like me, it's pretty much 2-3 months of cool shit to do. I'm pretty happy with my main 6 roster:

View attachment 484593

Aeromancer will need to move into the second page alts, which I haven't really touched very much (there's just too much to do in a week to focus on them):

View attachment 484594

There's also a lot of QOL that KR is getting which we'll see shortly aimed at attracting players to return (1x Guardian raid per day rather than 2, Chaos dungeons being quicker, etc) but I don't see that actually attracting people; the people who complain about that are a lost cause.

Things on my wishlist after starting on a new server 1 month ago to play with y'all

1. Guaranteed drops on world bosses under Moake, which I understand they are doing. Will miss a couple weeks of world bosses but will be getting guaranteed bounties and souls which is worth it.

2. Rebalance earlier islands. Al'akkair gutting stats, Spida taking 20 bombs + gutting stats, Deaths Hold requiring 4 people, etc. Its close to impossible to get souls / bounties from them which would be fine but required runes are gated behind those things. I just did Lagoon for the first time in a month cause it was a gold island so people actually went. No epic wealth rune so my Paladin is gimped until people go to it again.

3. Allow under ilvl to board ghost ship. I still havent done one since I am holding just under 1490 since noone knows if the new hyper express will work at it. Noone does any of them unless they are 1490.

3. Fix accessory drops, which again I understand they are doing. Getting a 5x3 paladin will cost around 500k gold, again thats fine but I am not close and unless I use hyper express I am boned. They are adding class engravings on relic gear which is good.

4. Rebalance normal mode raids to be inline with Kayangel. Normals shouldn't have 1 shot mechanics, they should stress the raid if the are screwed up to encourage practice and leave hards to be the challenge. Allow Kayangel to upgrade to +2 and +3 so you can skip clown if you wish. Allow people to have a hope in catching up so the top end can get a steady flow of players if they don't they are doomed.

5. Change the way to get Astray, trying to do she drifts she grifts now is a fucking pain in the ass and it isn't fun. Its falls into they are afraid to change anything to reflect the current population reality.

Gatekeeping in this isn't like other MMO's. Don't have a haste item to farm AA's in EQ? Buy one since there are many sources. Not ready to do +20 Keys in WoW? Well there are 100k people ready to do lower keys to gear up to get there. I was advised to joined afew LFG discords to find prog groups etc for this and I ended up busses runs to get relic gear cause it was easier and you still made a profit. I counted 0 hard valtans, 1 hard vykas and 2 normal clown prog groups since last saturday on a discord of 50,000.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
KR Patch just released and it's filled with incredible changes. Lots of folks hoping we see it in the West for August (yeah, right). It includes;

1) Update to Chaos Dungeons. They take 2 minutes now and no more Red/Gold portal but mobs can drop a ball with Gold (like 50k). They also give cards & selector packs rarely.
2) Update to Guardian raids. It's now once per day for double the rewards.
3) Valtan Extreme, which is once per roster weekly. You can reset your progress to prevent getting jailed.
4) Wandering Merchants now stay up 5.5 hours.

They're buttering KR up before the brutality that is going to be Thaemine.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Surprised no one posted the confirmation
we can confirm that the next balance patch will arrive in the August Update.
Akkan Legion Raid, Aeromancer Advanced Class, the Sonavel Guardian Raid, QoL Updates, a revamp to the early game tiers, and more!

KR patch - New Chaos Dungeon or Guardian Raid Jackpot item is called Destiny Fragment, can contain the following

Silver: 500k, 1M, 2M, 5M
Gold: 1.5K, 3K, 10K, 20K, 50K, 100K
Menelik's Tome: 2, 4, 6, 10
Epic Card Selection Pack, Legendary Random Pack, or Legendary Selection Pack
Honing Boxes S/M/L:
700 red / 1400 blue / 30 leap
1500 red / 3000 blue / 60 leap
2500 red / 5000 blue / 120 leap

Last edited:
  • 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Some of the lost ark changes are certainly in the right direction. Shame this isn't how it launched in the U.S.

Maybe one day this will peak my interest again, still it's refreshing to see gaming companies actually listening to feedback even if it's slow. Shame it's only the East that has learned this skill. West developers blow dick through straws.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Let me know when I don't have to maintain 300 alts and I might consider coming back.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Let me know when I don't have to maintain 300 alts and I might consider coming back.

Nobody plays more than 1-3 characters at this stage of the game. Most people who are ready for Akkan are doing so with 1 character.

If you look at my above roster, I am in the 0.00001% of the hardcore and even I only have 4 characters that will be ready (albeit 1 is ready for hard mode).

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Gotta be honest, the main reason I've kinda dropped this game completely is that I've been having really weird technical experience recently.

First it was the random game freezing, seems to be a longterm problem for some people the devs have never bothered to address. It's only an occasional thing for me. I have never had any form of software completely lock me from my computer and force me to hard reset, while I can still change my music on spotify with my keyboard media shortcuts. Nothing else works, it's fucked up.

A week or so ago, I started to notice the game wasn't actually shutting down anymore. I'd exit, do something else, try and launch the game, Lost Ark is already running? alt tab and the shit is still there taking up a big chunk of memory, vram, and cpu. Exit steam and steam claims it's shutting down Lost Ark as normal. Nope still there running like a background process. Apparently this is an issue for others as well, no dev action.

Happens everytime I launch Lost Ark, and exit. Shit is behaving like some kind of malware, so I'm washing my hands of this game. Never seen anything like this ever in my 40 years of gaming.

Not making accusations, I'm simply not comfortable having this on my PC right now.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Nobody plays more than 1-3 characters at this stage of the game. Most people who are ready for Akkan are doing so with 1 character.

If you look at my above roster, I am in the 0.00001% of the hardcore and even I only have 4 characters that will be ready (albeit 1 is ready for hard mode).
But is that because the game genuinely doesn't reward you for playing a stable of 978 characters? Or is it because people got so beaten down with having to progress 12 toons that they finally just said, "fuck this".

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Yeah but why drop from 3 to 1 when I can just drop to 0?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A vague and cryptic tweet implies they are releasing a roadmap tomorrow which includes Yoz Jars and elixirs.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Is the super mokoko express giving a full 5x3 engraving for the character? or is that just weird wording?
1691606022322.png