Lost Ark Online

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Kythik Kythik coming back for Thaemine I hope?

1694877098934.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Christ I forgot how many currencies, systems, character advancements there are. This shit is overwhelming.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Christ I forgot how many currencies, systems, character advancements there are. This shit is overwhelming.

Is there a specific currency that you need help with? Happy to answer as honestly 99% of them are gone by the time you finish your powerpass. Feel free to ask in Discord if you have questions too.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Jump Start server is the real in-your-face overwhelming as you remember just how much you checked off over time on the main servers. Zero gold and the powerpass eliminates any abyssal money, zero stronghold so you have to search for the guide quest, level 1 estoque, no crew, zero roster level, no adventure tome completion, no collectibles, no una reps, no island story completions, no gathering levels/tools, no guild levels for bloodstones, no skill potions, no tripods, no runes, no cards, no card xp, minimal virtue points, every part of the elgacia prereq chain needs to be done, etc.

The double xp is nice and because you have no training from stronghold you can consume the xp potions from the powerpass to hit 57+ quickly. Double gathering xp and higher world leaf drop % helps when you collect 6 and every skill instantly levels to 10+. Fatespire and Shadespire are extremely nice roster boosts because you want 60 for the bifrost in the first week. Also they have a 2nd event shop at even lower prices and more weekly buyouts.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Now I know why I hated this game. Failure after failure on honing was ass.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
It's a better system than the garbage that is D4 where you get drop after drop of useless shit, bad rolls, and obnoxiously named loot that removes all sense of actual rarity. Sure, the 'honing failed' screen sucks but it has a pity limit that guarantees you the hone eventually.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
My 4th in 3 days. Feels good:

1694974304287.png

Edit: Also finished my Legendary set for <30k:

1694974610376.png

Last edited:

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Now I know why I hated this game. Failure after failure on honing was ass.
Yeah I'm bouncing off the game again - was a fun free few days, and the combat remains fantastic but the end game loop just isn't for me at all. Haven't the time to lead raids and form a static, nor the time to jump in w/ randoms who don't bother learning fights on youtube, and frankly that style of game play just isn't compelling to me anymore after years of WOW raiding, etc. Honing is indeed terrible, and just feels bad. This is a better game than D4 though so if those are the only two options available this is an easy sell - there are however, at least 10 games I can think of releasing or recently released that are better and more fun to me. Godspeed LA bro's.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I'm bouncing off the game again - was a fun free few days, and the combat remains fantastic but the end game loop just isn't for me at all. Haven't the time to lead raids and form a static, nor the time to jump in w/ randoms who don't bother learning fights on youtube, and frankly that style of game play just isn't compelling to me anymore after years of WOW raiding, etc. Honing is indeed terrible, and just feels bad. This is a better game than D4 though so if those are the only two options available this is an easy sell - there are however, at least 10 games I can think of releasing or recently released that are better and more fun to me. Godspeed LA bro's.
LA's largest problem is that raiding is the ONLY way to progress, essentially. Raids should be a spectacle, not "baseline" content. It really cheapens the experience over time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

LA's largest problem is that raiding is the ONLY way to progress, essentially. Raids should be a spectacle, not "baseline" content. It really cheapens the experience over time.
It's a triple whammy on the raid lock, you absolutely need to do it for the materials to craft new gear as a hard lock, the majority of gold income is raiding on multiple characters, and you want/need to set upgrade through clown and KA on every character as well.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

They've made this obvious and don't attempt to hide it. The game is for people who enjoy raid content, which in the context of LA is 8 man content that can be pugged. Something like BDO is where you go if you're looking for solo progress or any of the awesome single player experiences that have released in the last few months are also viable for this. They have not released any single player content that progresses your character in years. This is not a game to play solo or for people who don't enjoy raiding.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
They've made this obvious and don't attempt to hide it. The game is for people who enjoy raid content, which in the context of LA is 8 man content that can be pugged. Something like BDO is where you go if you're looking for solo progress or any of the awesome single player experiences that have released in the last few months are also viable for this. They have not released any single player content that progresses your character in years. This is not a game to play solo or for people who don't enjoy raiding.
Yeah, doesn’t worsen the game it just needs to be what you’re looking for. If it is, it’s brilliant - if not, no amount of handwringing will change the fundamental nature of the end game. No biggie. I hope they keep focused on what the game is in its current form, these games that try to be everything to everyone all end up horrible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Free gifts from AGS
  • Luke Atdis / Ovahere Skin Selection Chest x1
  • Luke Atdis Pet x1
  • Legendary Card Selection Pack II x1
  • Wishful Amulet Chest x2
  • Sage Powder x10
  • Pheon x100
  • Collective Battle Item Chest x2

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ya not too many good ones. Zerker and destroyer are the best pretty much. Deathblade pretty sweet too, everything else pretty average.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Ya not too many good ones. Zerker and destroyer are the best pretty much. Deathblade pretty sweet too, everything else pretty average.

Did you just have an opinion on Lost Ark outfits that wasn't wrong?

...WHAT DID YOU DO TO OUR LUMI, IMPOSTER!