Lost Ark Online

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Sometimes RNG is kind -- getting a good item that sells for a lot feels fucking great:

1698294818217.png

1698294864948.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
New Chaos Gate looks disappointing, they only tuned rewards around a single map and not a group's worth. Then they threw in new cube RNG for getting Lucky / Mega Lucky.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
People keep saying disappointing and it's certainly not an interesting revamp but it's literally 3 minutes for extra mats & some occasional extra gold.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
I heard a bunch of complaining too. I hated the old map bs though so this seems much better to me?

Still really enjoying game 4.5 months in, combat the best I’ve experienced since TERA. There’s too many random annoying extra systems that increase your damage but I’ve done a few now and I’m getting mvp more often / pulling my weight in Akkan nm. Going to have plague legion commander and full gear by the end of nov, hoping they do something to either nerf honing or add hm elixirs to vold nm.

I also did my first couple adventurer tomes to 100% - this content is completely dogshit.

• 1Worf

Malakriss

No bonus boss again for gate, but did get a leg pack with a Thaemine so thanks RNG. Still dogshit how 1580 gates are worth less than the prior 1415 gates and 1490 ship.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
The Chaos Gate change was a good one even if it feels lackluster. It's replacing content that was slightly more rewarding for ten times the effort. I think they were looking at this change as a long term solution and wanted to ensure people weren't going to stop doing it as a result of taking too long. Every run I've done since the change has been full, so they accomplished that.

I heard a bunch of complaining too. I hated the old map bs though so this seems much better to me?

Still really enjoying game 4.5 months in, combat the best I’ve experienced since TERA. There’s too many random annoying extra systems that increase your damage but I’ve done a few now and I’m getting mvp more often / pulling my weight in Akkan nm. Going to have plague legion commander and full gear by the end of nov, hoping they do something to either nerf honing or add hm elixirs to vold nm.

I also did my first couple adventurer tomes to 100% - this content is completely dogshit.

This is really the argument that I use whenever friends ask me why I'm still playing as much as I am. The combat is satisfying and better than any alternative on the market. Raids with the same group of people is a fun/consistent competition in terms of improving to be the MVP. I enjoy parsing quite a bit and when there's multiple DPS that are pushing, it becomes incredibly satisfying/competitive.

Stop doing the adventure tome shit though. That is a recipe for hating life.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I feel like it was only natural:

1699228268773.png

But I don't care because I win:

1699228310643.png

1620 with a month+ to go. Time to get ready for Thaemine.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Very nice. How many leapstones did you have to buy? Leapstones are the main thing holding me back right now and with them being 150g there's no way I'm buying right now and I've just been selling off all my unbounds.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Very nice. How many leapstones did you have to buy? Leapstones are the main thing holding me back right now and with them being 150g there's no way I'm buying right now and I've just been selling off all my unbounds.

I used all bound & unbound leapstones across 5 characters. I never sold any however had a metric fuckton to convert (I was 1600 when Akkan was released). I ended up having to buy <200.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Just a reminder that if anyone wants to try the game, the above pass basically allows you to boost a character without any honing bullshit. Hop in Discord and ask for help, bonus points if you create a Paladin.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Don't play paladin if you want to have fun. Unless you're a masochistic support type player, but I'd personally play artist instead. They're looking pretty OP after the latest Korean balance patch.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I definitely don't recommend playing a Paladin. They're legitimately the class you put your least talented player who may be functionality retarded in. They're support though and the ease of play for someone who wants to raid is attractive.

Cybsled

Support paladin is good for players who think the control scheme of mouse move/isometric ARPGs sucks ass when said ARPG also requires extremely accurate positioning/attack angles.

Was the only class I could stand in the game outside of Artillery dude

Malakriss

Seems like there will be a Powerpass, a Mokoko Express through 1540, and a separate Path to Souleater through 1580.

KR had Road to Thaemine which gave honing mats every 10 ilevels (1540-1580), double artisan, honing buffs, and extra raid mats for each gate clear of Brel/KA/Akkan. 40x4 brel mats for doing 4 gates for example. Souleater one should be similar.

Last edited:

Daidraco

I definitely don't recommend playing a Paladin. They're legitimately the class you put your least talented player who may be functionality retarded in. They're support though and the ease of play for someone who wants to raid is attractive.
So you're saying I have a chance....
giphy.gif

Malakriss

5th Anniversary skins

Official Path to Souleater notes

Path of the Souleater​

• A Gear Honing Support Effect applied when honing Brelshaza Ancient Gear from 1540 to 1580 that decreases the amount of gold and materials needed to hone along with increased honing rates.
  • 2x Artisan’s Energy when honing Brelshaza Ancient Gear from 1540 to 1580.
  • Rewards every 10 Item Levels from 1540 to 1580, with a particularly valuable reward at 1580.
  • Special Missions to earn additional Raid & Abyssal Dungeon materials.
The Souleater and progression events aren’t all we have planned for the November Update— a batch of quality of life changes and exciting skins will arrive too!

Aazrael

Is this game "viable" to play with just one character? I just dont want to feel the need to level alts to funnel to a main character.

I enjoyed the game at release but the fomo and alts made me quit real fast.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Getting the ilvl to do end raids is 100% viable with 1 character. The main issue that you'll find is getting gems and cards will be a very slow process, and it might cause you to get gatekept if you don't have friends to vouch for you.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Is this game "viable" to play with just one character? I just dont want to feel the need to level alts to funnel to a main character.

I enjoyed the game at release but the fomo and alts made me quit real fast.
Pretty much only if you're actually good at the game and have friends/guildies etc that will get you invited. Otherwise you will get gatekept really hard or only really be invited to newb lobbies. I mean if you don't really care to be at the cutting edge of end game content and just wanna do like normal brels/vykas/clowns/kayangel etc then ya 1 char is probably fine although I'd definitely play at least 2 or 3, preferably 1 of them being a support. If not then this probably isn't the game for you.

• 1Like