Lost in Space

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
huh saw this pop up too, its apparently the final season. I've enjoyed the show for what it is, i'll definitely watch the last season sometime this month.

i pay for

Netflix 4k (~$20/mo?)
Youtube TV ($65/mo!)
Disney+ (free thru wifes cell phone)
Hulu (free thru wifes phone)
Amazon Prime (free thru work)

I do have a 6 month HBO Max trial thanks to buying a new LG TV, and some of my family members share an Apple TV login but I just pirate that since my wife has no interest.

Its mostly to support other family members, I have like 60 terabytes of NAS storage and access to top tier pirate sites (BTN, PTP) and unlimited bandwidth so download everything anyways, but there is no way my older relatives or (not living at home) kids would be able to access my NAS. I buy on amazon prime movies and shows I love but that list is so tiny is hilarious. Like... John Wick, Dune, any Gerard Butler or Vin Diesel movies...

Every service is maxxed out on IPs and logins, it'll be a shitty day when Netflix or Youtube TV or Disney+ disallows multiple locations from using the same paying account..

I've found the trick with the streaming services is to know exactly what you want before you launch the app, if you go into browsing mode you will just browse forever.
wtf is 65$/mo for youtube?

Sterling

El Presidente
I don't think I ever made it through season 1, was season 2 good enough that i'd want to power through?

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
No, it was terrible. I made it to episode 3 and then just gave up.

Basically Netflix is at the point that as long as it's content they don't care about the quality. The only sin for them is to not have new content. Occasionally something will be good, and then they'll pay attention and fuck it up. Let's hope the Witcher... Who am I kidding, by season 3 it'll go full woke.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Season 1 was good, season 2 not so much. Im a few episodes in on season 3 and its had some ups and downs.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Penny Robinson highly fuckable in this season, fucking gingers get me everytime.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finished this up and its not very good at all. The final episode was really bad. I was pretty checked out when they gave the robots genders.

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
wtf is 65$/mo for youtube?

youtube TV gives you access to all the regular network and cable TV like bravo, CNBC, NBC, HGN, etc. i don't watch any of that shit but my wife, parents, kids, in laws, etc all do and YTV lets you have 3 concurrent streams at once across like 6 accounts. Its shit for a single family but its good for a large extended family across multiple time zones who don't overlap a lot of TV viewing.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
youtube TV gives you access to all the regular network and cable TV like bravo, CNBC, NBC, HGN, etc. i don't watch any of that shit but my wife, parents, kids, in laws, etc all do and YTV lets you have 3 concurrent streams at once across like 6 accounts. Its shit for a single family but its good for a large extended family across multiple time zones who don't overlap a lot of TV viewing.
oh so like the tier above basic cable?

that sounds good if you can share it

Caliane

sortof. yeah, its got local TV. a number of channels. its comparable to Hulu, Rouku, etc.
used to be cheaper.... its fucking bullshit. Ditched directTV and all that shit for the same reason.

got youtubeTV for that basic shit.. 35/m. then 38/m, then 45/m... now, $69.12/month.
oh, we added some shitty channel you aren't going to watch. price increase.

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

Finished this up and its not very good at all. The final episode was really bad. I was pretty checked out when they gave the robots genders.

It was fine and the "gender" thing was more or less a joke. Spoilers for the season for people who want to know how it ends / goes

It's mostly a kids show, so ending was always going to be happy. Basically you find out the robots were created by an insect-like multi armed race. One of the robots initiated a genocide and wiped them all out (that engine they use to travel in space? they basically used it on the planet's surface and the rift in space blew up half the planet, wiping out the aliens). Its big beef with Will Robinson is he views humans, and Will, as new masters trying to take the place of the old alien race and is trying to figure out how they got Robot to change. The main bad robot, SAR, stabs Will in the heart. They eventually get to Alpha Centauri and Will survives and gets an artificial heart, and the killer robots follow, planning to blow it up like they did their alien masters in the past. Penny decides to help a dying/heavily damaged killer robot and it changes to be nice like the main Robot. The whole gender thing is it tries to emulate her like Robot tried to emulate Will and she calls it Sally/projects onto it being a girl, so getting triggered about that is laughable especially considering Penny's character. Will travels to the robot alien new homeworld to try to get them to call off the war. Robot fails to convince them, so he gathers a dying Will and does something with Will's heart that heals Will, but Robot seemingly dies in the process. The other alien robots see this and seem to accept that humans aren't their old alien masters. SAR still wants to kill all humans and goes to stab Will again, but Robot basically uploaded himself or something into the heart, so Robot overwrites SAR and gets resurrected basically. War ends, some of the robots decide to stick around and help the humans rebuild the planet and also make new ships to help bring people there, other robots decide to peace out and do their own thing. Show ends with Will + Robot exploring the galaxy

Wrapped up the show nicely from what I thought

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah it's a kids show but some real stupid shit happened. Happy ending though.

We are rewatching all of The Expanse before the last season. Even season 1 of Expanse it is so obvious the writing, direction, and acting is vastly superior to mediocre stuff like this, Foundation, or Invasion.