Lost in Space

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Finished it last night. I had to talk myself into turning off my brain and just enjoying it as a CW sci fi show.
I think what convinced me I had to go along with whatever the show did without thinking about it too much was the ice scene. It was obvious they wanted a cool scene where the girl gets trapped in the ice and had no idea how to get there, so they just mutilated the laws of physics into showing the ship sink through relatively thin ice, then minutes later the entire pool of water deep freezes.

I'm not going to sit here and whine about the many choices the writers made that were functionally retarded but got the plot to the exciting scenes they wanted, but there were a lot of them.

I actually enjoyed Dr. Smith. I haven't wanted a character to be killed as much as I wanted her dead since Joffrey in Game of Thrones.

I'll prob watch the second season, but I'm a sucker for any space stuff.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Episode 1 is pretty ass with an ungodly amount of flashbacks. Slow with plenty to eyeroll at.

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
Finished episode 2, I'll keep watching.... I don't like the look of the robot after Will saved it and it changed to be more like him.
It looked heaps cooler as the 4 armed murder version.
The bit where Will is sitting on the rock after the brain link with the robot, the side shot of the robot looks like a really bad cosplay of a dude in a suit.
Lots of things aren't quite right (water freezing upwards, ice cliff right next to lush warmish forest, trees getting damaged by the black rock rain seemingly never experienced it before) but they are on an alien planet and earth rules don't apply so I'm rolling with it.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Robot is honestly the best character in the show. Possibly followed by the father who seems to play a similar role to Sheriff Hopper in Stranger Things where he just scowls at people and punches stuff. Dr. Smith is completely irredeemable and everyone who interacted with her is a moron. Especially you Will Robinson, Maker of Terrible Choices.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The robot is not actually warning will robinson of danger it is warning everybody else about will robinson. Danger! Will robinson.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ya shits awful after I made my way thru. Like some really badly contrived hazards on top of the characters being retarded. Like fucking black chick trying her best to doom them all meanwhile when discovering Dr smiths secret sorta,,,,, hey lets jump on the radio and get her guard up. FFFFffffff Fair heaping of the usual, Yes this is sci fi but some dumb shit happening that just doesn't make any sense in the setting. (Vs say something more fantastical science fiction wise where there isnt even an earth you can handwave it away, but not in this with a basically near future normal earth scenario.)

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I had posted my thoughts before finishing this. After the lasy few episodes even worse. So much nonsensical or silly contrived shit paired with characters especially will acting just inconceivably retarded.

Resolute seems screwed since I thought that alien thingy was their engine....

Argarth

On the verandah
Smith being nothing more than a one-dimensional psychopathic cunt is kinda offensive if you loved the original series like I did.

The rest hardly display enough intelligence to have climbed out of the primordial ooze, let alone having headed off into space!

I wanted them all dead, and gave up after the third episode. Worthless drivel.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Maybe I should give season 1 a try again. Stopped at some point in the middle and wasn't terribly impressed.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, the first season was pretty bad. Surprised I powered through it. I'll probably wait and see what you guys say about this one.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I thought the first season was OK. Parker Posey carried it IMO. Looking forward to seeing more of her in S2.

Oldbased

> Than U
season 2 drops Dec 24th

I thought Season 1 was ok enough. I grew up watching the original on TV with rabbit ears at 2am on school nights when I was supposed to be snoozin so I am slightly forgetful that Hollywood is full of retarded people and should all jump off tall buildings.
I don't give Netflix shit for money though and I was wondering when this was coming out so I'll do a free trial in December.
Thanks boo

• 1Like

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Season 2 comes out Tuesday. I remember my impression of Season 1 is it was too much of an origins story and hopefully season 2 would be better. I guess we find out soon.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Can't believe it's been over 18 months. Loved the first season and was hype for the second, but it disappeared in my mind after so long. Hopefully the production value stays high. It looks fucking amazing in 4K HDR, and most of the characters are relatively likeable or not, as intended. I loathe Parker Posey as an actor, so she was absolutely perfect for the role she's playing here, which I'm conflicted about, and makes me love her as a conniving cunt. She makes me incredibly uncomfortable on screen, unfortunately everyone else is too gd forgiving. I hope they don't make her into a Garrak and try to redeem her. I hope she continues to be an evil bitch, and eventually dies gloriously.

It is a bit cheesy, but it's fuckin Lost in Space. I watched the original show and the shitty Joey movie. In spite of that it maintains a level of intensity and suspension of disbelief that's missing from most modern television.

• 1Solidarity

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I tend to want to agree with the over forgiving aspect, but then I remember the 6 years that I lived in Austin, and it is totally realistic lol.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
How many people did you know who were getting forgiven after nearly getting their entire family killed? Multiple times? lol

• 1Worf

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I had a hard time with a lot of the first season as it seemed to drag in parts, but I'm enjoying the first couple of episodes of the second season so far.

Parker Posey is the best part of the show by far as so incorrigibly evil and yet just useful enough to keep from shoving out an airlock.