Lost

Maul

Dental Dammer
big titties was the best part of that show too.
6385_jones_58901.jpg

fatty was pretty pointless, i think he was just there for "weird show" street cred.
Erm
rs_600x600-180802045516-600.lost-evangeline-lilly-kate-austen.8218.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Purgatory reminds me of this scene from The Sopranos which had some brilliant writers, unlike Lost.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I will say this much, there is not a single show in history that could illicit the level of discourse in one of our threads after more than a decade since the show ended. That does say something about it and that something is that the show is poop, dont watch 6th season!

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
I will say this much, there is not a single show in history that could illicit the level of discourse in one of our threads after more than a decade since the show ended. That does say something about it and that something is that the show is poop, dont watch 6th season!

If GOT had ended 10 yrs ago I imagine we'd still come back to it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just tell astro he's wrong about some show and you'll have man vs thread for tens of pages.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Just tell astro he's wrong about some show and you'll have man vs thread for tens of pages.
hmm? i gushed on and on about this show in this and the other old Lost thread. had Lost viewing parties at my house. got laid from those. spent every week theorycrafting with you fools over it. season 6 is where it all collapsed into shit. there were signs things were going bad in season 5, but they held it together for a decent finale. if you want to tell me the show sucked from the hindsight of season 6, i will agree with you. if you want to say each season was shit on their own merits without hindsight, then id like to hear your argument.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
hmm? i gushed on and on about this show in this and the other old Lost thread. had Lost viewing parties at my house. got laid from those. spent every week theorycrafting with you fools over it. season 6 is where it all collapsed into shit. there were signs things were going bad in season 5, but they held it together for a decent finale. if you want to tell me the show sucked from the hindsight of season 6, i will agree with you. if you want to say each season was shit on their own merits without hindsight, then id like to hear your argument.

Honest Q: what would have made the finale likable for you? I truly felt like it was an impossible show to end. The heart of the island was pretty cheesy, but I liked that they had to make one of them a new jacob since "locke" killed jacob. And I liked that they had the flash sideways for purgatory, and I loved the Meet Joe Black-esque ending of Lost at the wedding with the fireworks, and jacks trying to figure out where he knows kate from, and shes like "thats not where you know me from" and when Kate and Jack are in Jacks car, and Jacks asking why they are here because thats where his dads funeral is, and kate says thats why, then the conversation with his dad. I liked that the stakes got high in the last season and they killed a number of characters off from the main storyline but would keep them in the flash sideways. Almost purposefully slowly transitioning us from one line to the other. I fucking hated whatever shit with Sayid dying/coming back possessed or whatever, that was garbage. I thought they did an amazing job when they brought in Miles and Daniel Farraday (I know this wasn't season 6), but how hard is it to bring in new characters to a TV show and people love them??

Fadaar

That guy
I thought they did an amazing job when they brought in Miles and Daniel Farraday (I know this wasn't season 6), but how hard is it to bring in new characters to a TV show and people love them??

I think Daniel might have been my favorite character in a dorky sort of way, but yes agree on both of them being quality adds late into the show

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Honest Q: what would have made the finale likable for you? I truly felt like it was an impossible show to end. The heart of the island was pretty cheesy, but I liked that they had to make one of them a new jacob since "locke" killed jacob. And I liked that they had the flash sideways for purgatory, and I loved the Meet Joe Black-esque ending of Lost at the wedding with the fireworks, and jacks trying to figure out where he knows kate from, and shes like "thats not where you know me from" and when Kate and Jack are in Jacks car, and Jacks asking why they are here because thats where his dads funeral is, and kate says thats why, then the conversation with his dad. I liked that the stakes got high in the last season and they killed a number of characters off from the main storyline but would keep them in the flash sideways. Almost purposefully slowly transitioning us from one line to the other. I fucking hated whatever shit with Sayid dying/coming back possessed or whatever, that was garbage. I thought they did an amazing job when they brought in Miles and Daniel Farraday (I know this wasn't season 6), but how hard is it to bring in new characters to a TV show and people love them??
IMO from where they set up the ending, there was no proper way it could have ended. they opened too many mystery boxes to the point they could never close all of them in just that one season. maybe if it ran for 8 seasons they could have developed a more satisfying finale. i liked the concept of the donkey wheel + time travel and felt there was a nice vehicle to tie everything up over time.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im re watching this now and just one thing that always pisses me off in these shows is the portrayal of gun fights. Like people hind behind wooden benches and couches and other stupid shit like rifle fire would not go through all that shit and then 2 walls behind them. AK for example goes through 6"-8" trees like they are butter.

• 1Solidarity

iannis

Musty Nester
I guess it works in westerns because the guns weren't -that- good. I can believe it in colonial pieces because muskets were probably not even as good as a good bow... just a lot more compact and a lot easier to use.

But with modern guns it's always been a little bit of "I guess the idea isn't so much to shield your body as to shield your location and hope they don't hit the spot that you're behind". It's better than nothing, but when they show a table riddled with bullets it's like... umm.

I've always liked the ones where they just shoot a dude through the wall because that's a thing that you can do. Breaking Bad did that more than once. how many times on the news have you heard the story "random driveby from the street injures child inside the house". Wood doesn't stop modern bullets.

• 1Solidarity

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Im re watching this now and just one thing that always pisses me off in these shows is the portrayal of gun fights. Like people hind behind wooden benches and couches and other stupid shit like rifle fire would not go through all that shit and then 2 walls behind them. AK for example goes through 6"-8" trees like they are butter.

Right??? Back when LOTR came out, I was the faggot who bought a compound bow and a leather quiver, LOL. I'm mortified writing that. But even that bow could put an arrow through 3/4" plywood!

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Honest question: Did anyone catch the name Christian Shepherd basically being a description of Jesus, before Kate notices it in the finale?

And how fucking awesome is it when Desmond goes to the sideways world first time and he's the man who can wake everyone up? So many of the scenes where people realize their past are just heart wrenching. And like Hurley remembering shit and just loving seeing people, it's so great.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Every time I realize my past, the part of which where I watched Lost for 6 years, is heart wrenching. This thread hurts me.

• 1Solidarity