Lost

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i had high hopes for that show, but it was fail, funniest part was when fatty's partner with the big tits got killed. he got so mad at one dude, he just said something like "not cool" . i was like, your fucking friend just died and this guy helped it happen and thats the best you fucking got? thats when i knew this shit wasnt coming back.
yea girls were on point, big titty blond and cute indian girl from ER.

i forgot what everyones role was, i think hugo was some comic book guy? and big titty was some cop and ER girl was something in a lab coat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yea girls were on point, big titty blond and cute indian girl from ER.

i forgot what everyones role was, i think hugo was some comic book guy? and big titty was some cop and ER girl was something in a lab coat.
big titties was the best part of that show too.
6385_jones_58901.jpg

fatty was pretty pointless, i think he was just there for "weird show" street cred.

• 1Like

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
This show was a mess, a total mess. Trying to make sense of it based on some throwaway line in the last episode of a garbage TV show with garbage writing is terrible. It was fucking Purgatory. Except it wasn't, because of all the shit that happened in the early seasons. Except it was because of all the dumbass "sideways flashes". Except it wasn't because of submarines and Polar Bears and science experiments. Except it was because they've been dead all along. Except. Except. Except.

I'm not going to argue mess/not a mess. That's opinion and I can definitely understand why people have it. Lost was far from perfect.

The simple fact, though, is that "the Island is purgatory" is just plain wrong as laid out plainly in Season 6. Also, it is not congruent with a whole host of things that happened in seasons 1-5. In order for the Island to be purgatory you must answer the following questions:

Who is real and who is a construct of purgatory?
If our main cast is real, why are only some Oceanic 815 passengers here and not others?
If the Island is purgatory, when did Juliet die?
When did Ben die?
When did Desmond die?
How are people dying in purgatory? This happens in S1E1.
Is the "real world" of season 4/5 also purgatory?
Are all the random people of earth also real or constructs?

The simplest answer, which you don't have to accept, is this: The Island is real, but it has some "magical" properties.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I'm not going to argue mess/not a mess. That's opinion and I can definitely understand why people have it. Lost was far from perfect.

The simple fact, though, is that "the Island is purgatory" is just plain wrong as laid out plainly in Season 6. Also, it is not congruent with a whole host of things that happened in seasons 1-5. In order for the Island to be purgatory you must answer the following questions:

If our main cast is real, why are only some Oceanic 815 passengers here and not others?
When did Ben die?
When did Desmond die?

The simplest answer, which you don't have to accept, is this: The Island is real, but it has some "magical" properties.

giphy.gif

• 1Solidarity

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Who the fuck cares if the island is purgatory? Once the Others were revealed as normal people the island became a whole lot less mysterious. Then, they tried everything in their power to make it not occult or sci-fi while still trying to make the island mysterious. They contradicted themselves the last 4 seasons and ended up with a terrible show.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage

When did Ben die?
When did Desmond die?

Wow, are you actually a LOST apologist in real life or do you just play one on the internet

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
big titties was the best part of that show too.
6385_jones_58901.jpg

fatty was pretty pointless, i think he was just there for "weird show" street cred.
yea and it was a JJ tv show too with a "mystery" theme, i mean the entire cast had to do something, fucking the most successful would be Jin? he was on hawaii 5-0 for almost 10years b4 he and the asian girl hottie left cuz of racism, and he was Jonny GAT!

• 1Like

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Who the fuck cares if the island is purgatory? Once the Others were revealed as normal people the island became a when lot less mysterious. Then, they tried everything in their power to make it not occult or sci-fi while still trying to make the island mysterious. They contradicted themselves the last 4 seasons and ended up with a terrible show.

This is a critque I can get behind. The first season was all about mystery, then they opened the hatch and it was like "suprise, it was all about science!" Then, in seasons 5 and 6, they said "oh shit,dd we say science, we meant magic all along!"

Like I said, I definitely understand the comments about messiness.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Solidarity

iannis

Musty Nester
I liked the oriental couple. She was pretty and I like to think I could have won her in honorable combat.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My wife never watched this show and has on occasion expressed interest. this thread is making me want to start it up again with her... but kind of like Dexter, stop after 4 seasons.

• 1Dislike

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
My wife never watched this show and has on occasion expressed interest. this thread is making me want to start it up again with her... but kind of like Dexter, stop after 4 seasons.
season 5 is ok, it even has a semi legit show end. just say no to S6

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Wake Up Man
<Banned>

When did Ben die?
When did Desmond die?

Purgatory wasn’t purgatory though. It was their lives relived but without all the baggage that was in their first life. Ben didn’t learn all the “lessons” so didn’t get to move on. They could have done a better job explaining that concept, but I felt it was adequate for me.

Basically it was all about learning to have the right mindset. Hugo goes from disaster at every turn to “I’m the luckiest guy alive.” It was a beautiful concept, them having to find each other again and regain those previous life memories.

Someone behind the writing for the show knows the beyond-religion-afterlife. If you’re still reading and haven’t yet come across this information, the gist is souls come here to inhabit bodies, a lot of the time in soul groups, where the people you meet along the way, aren’t just by accident.

Lives are rather meticulously planned out ahead of time, and imo, they can and do go sideways, but tend to have a course correction, as even though your conscious experience here is limited to mostly experiencing just here, but your soul is still active There, working out those course corrections.

The main factor at play is the mind, which is but a tool, but we mostly use it constantly, and create egos, and at that point are subject to mental illnesses. Some things are body genetics though as well, and have the purpose for that soul to experience life in that manner.

And there’s little hints in various places. The Bible’s genesis story, eating from the tree of knowledge and being cast out of eden, that’s choosing to experience life as mind first.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Purgatory wasn’t purgatory though. It was their lives relived but without all the baggage that was in their first life. Ben didn’t learn all the “lessons” so didn’t get to move on. They could have done a better job explaining that concept, but I felt it was adequate for me.

Basically it was all about learning to have the right mindset. Hugo goes from disaster at every turn to “I’m the luckiest guy alive.” It was a beautiful concept, them having to find each other again and regain those previous life memories.

Someone behind the writing for the show knows the beyond-religion-afterlife. If you’re still reading and haven’t yet come across this information, the gist is souls come here to inhabit bodies, a lot of the time in soul groups, where the people you meet along the way, aren’t just by accident.

Lives are rather meticulously planned out ahead of time, and imo, they can and do go sideways, but tend to have a course correction, as even though your conscious experience here is limited to mostly experiencing just here, but your soul is still active There, working out those course corrections.

The main factor at play is the mind, which is but a tool, but we mostly use it constantly, and create egos, and at that point are subject to mental illnesses. Some things are body genetics though as well, and have the purpose for that soul to experience life in that manner.

And there’s little hints in various places. The Bible’s genesis story, eating from the tree of knowledge and being cast out of eden, that’s choosing to experience life as mind first.
it may not be the proper definition of purgatory, but the concept was purgatory enough where you can say its basically dying and needing to get things right before you are allowed to move on to heaven/hell/ the next thing. its similar to the plot to Groundhog Day. Bill Murray was a womanizing asshole and some witch hits him up with a curse and he has to live the same day over and over til he does everything right and becomes a better person. then he can move on to after groundhog day.

• 2Like

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
it may not be the proper definition of purgatory, but the concept was purgatory enough where you can say its basically dying and needing to get things right before you are allowed to move on to heaven/hell/ the next thing. its similar to the plot to Groundhog Day. Bill Murray was a womanizing asshole and some witch hits him up with a curse and he has to live the same day over and over til he does everything right and becomes a better person. then he can move on to after groundhog day.

I see where you're coming from, but that only makes the case for the Island life to be purgatory, and the extra "flash sideways" life to be...well that's where things fall apart.

iannis

Musty Nester
Even the catholics abandoned purgatory centuries ago because it makes so little sense, but you have to put those Greek heathens somewhere.

It is a nice enough idea. I don't think that final season did a great job of getting that part of it across.

That amazon show with Fred Armisten and Maya Rudolph did that most recently, that I watched. I kinda think they did it better. He's got one of the best lines too. Maya confused about what's going on and asks him "Aren't you curious? What's the point of this?" and he just looks at her and goes "I dunno. What was the point of the other one?"

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It felt to me in the later seasons that they were reading theories on the internet and trying to outsmart them at the cost of consistency.

That said, I'm not sure they really had a solid plan from the start, or as before they deviated from it because the internet figured out what they were doing.

For my part, the show pretty much went from good to worse each season, I don't think I remember a season actually being better then the previous one.

The show reminded me of a Night Shyamalan movie where he is more interest if the reveal than the actual movie itself.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The show was deeply flawed but I still love it. The characters are great and it manages to drag you along with its pacing and turns like few other shows can. It gets much better when you just relax and go along for the ride instead of trying to have it make sense (impossible)

• 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
It felt to me in the later seasons that they were reading theories on the internet and trying to outsmart them at the cost of consistency.

I am neither going to confirm or deny this post as being true...

...but it is 100% true.

See GoT S7 and S8.