Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
My older sister watched Mad Max every single fucking day one summer break when she was about 15. Not exaggerating. Now she's a 39 year old commercial truck driver that also has her own wildland firefighting company. She sent me a picture last summer of one of her water tenders on a forest service road with a wall of flames just behind it. Very Mad Max-y.

edit: Oh, I forgot to mention the part I was excited about. She visited us 2 weeks ago and said she caught some crackhead siphoning fuel out of her truck and walked up to him with a rifle aimed at his head. Supposedly she told him "You can mow my fucking lawn if you need 30 bucks, but you're going to die here if I catch you stealing from me again". I gave her a ration of shit for grabbing a .22 and told her she needs a 12g, but that story made me all warm and fuzzy. Both my sisters are fucking badasses.

Proud Of You Yes GIF

• 14Like
Reactions: 13 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On February 22nd, the Oral History of Fury Road was released. I bought the audio book on Audible for my last work trip and burned through all 10 hours.

It is a miracle this movie was ever made or got to the big screens in the final edit that it did. It is the greatest action movie ever and it might be a long time before we ever see anything like it again.
  • George Miller- Absolutely beloved and insanely devoted to his vision.
  • Margaret Sixel- George Miller's wife and editor. Fuckin Genius.
  • Guy Norris- Best stunt coordinator, period. Not only did he get the best, most dangerous practical stunts ever on screen, but nobody was seriously injured.
  • Charlize Theron- Badass bitch.
  • Tom Hardy- Genuine lunatic.
  • Hollywood Studios- Do their best to fuck up EVERYTHING. They tried to rip the guts out of this movie and make it a run-of-the-mill super hero popcorn flick.
  • World Building- Didn't happen by accident. It was nearly 20 years of minutia and detail.
  • The War Boys- Created the culture that made the movie work and get them through a grueling production.
  • Story Boards- Scripts are over-rated.
51c4kgQJCJL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
On February 22nd, the Oral History of Fury Road was released. I bought the audio book on Audible for my last work trip and burned through all 10 hours.

It is a miracle this movie was ever made or got to the big screens in the final edit that it did. It is the greatest action movie ever and it might be a long time before we ever see anything like it again.
  • George Miller- Absolutely beloved and insanely devoted to his vision.
  • Margaret Sixel- George Miller's wife and editor. Fuckin Genius.
  • Guy Norris- Best stunt coordinator, period. Not only did he get the best, most dangerous practical stunts ever on screen, but nobody was seriously injured.
  • Charlize Theron- Badass bitch.
  • Tom Hardy- Genuine lunatic.
  • Hollywood Studios- Do their best to fuck up EVERYTHING. They tried to rip the guts out of this movie and make it a run-of-the-mill super hero popcorn flick.
  • World Building- Didn't happen by accident. It was nearly 20 years of minutia and detail.
  • The War Boys- Created the culture that made the movie work and get them through a grueling production.
  • Story Boards- Scripts are over-rated.
51c4kgQJCJL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
I’m a fiend for audio books and long form podcasts when I’m on the road. The ear buds go in the moment I step foot in an airport terminal and don’t come out until I reach my destination/hotel.

With that said I’ll be picking this up.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I bought the 3D bluray a month or two ago, but still haven't gotten around to watching it. I just need to try.