Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
My older sister watched Mad Max every single fucking day one summer break when she was about 15. Not exaggerating. Now she's a 39 year old commercial truck driver that also has her own wildland firefighting company. She sent me a picture last summer of one of her water tenders on a forest service road with a wall of flames just behind it. Very Mad Max-y.

edit: Oh, I forgot to mention the part I was excited about. She visited us 2 weeks ago and said she caught some crackhead siphoning fuel out of her truck and walked up to him with a rifle aimed at his head. Supposedly she told him "You can mow my fucking lawn if you need 30 bucks, but you're going to die here if I catch you stealing from me again". I gave her a ration of shit for grabbing a .22 and told her she needs a 12g, but that story made me all warm and fuzzy. Both my sisters are fucking badasses.

Proud Of You Yes GIF

• 14Like
Reactions: 13 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On February 22nd, the Oral History of Fury Road was released. I bought the audio book on Audible for my last work trip and burned through all 10 hours.

It is a miracle this movie was ever made or got to the big screens in the final edit that it did. It is the greatest action movie ever and it might be a long time before we ever see anything like it again.
  • George Miller- Absolutely beloved and insanely devoted to his vision.
  • Margaret Sixel- George Miller's wife and editor. Fuckin Genius.
  • Guy Norris- Best stunt coordinator, period. Not only did he get the best, most dangerous practical stunts ever on screen, but nobody was seriously injured.
  • Charlize Theron- Badass bitch.
  • Tom Hardy- Genuine lunatic.
  • Hollywood Studios- Do their best to fuck up EVERYTHING. They tried to rip the guts out of this movie and make it a run-of-the-mill super hero popcorn flick.
  • World Building- Didn't happen by accident. It was nearly 20 years of minutia and detail.
  • The War Boys- Created the culture that made the movie work and get them through a grueling production.
  • Story Boards- Scripts are over-rated.
51c4kgQJCJL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
On February 22nd, the Oral History of Fury Road was released. I bought the audio book on Audible for my last work trip and burned through all 10 hours.

It is a miracle this movie was ever made or got to the big screens in the final edit that it did. It is the greatest action movie ever and it might be a long time before we ever see anything like it again.
  • George Miller- Absolutely beloved and insanely devoted to his vision.
  • Margaret Sixel- George Miller's wife and editor. Fuckin Genius.
  • Guy Norris- Best stunt coordinator, period. Not only did he get the best, most dangerous practical stunts ever on screen, but nobody was seriously injured.
  • Charlize Theron- Badass bitch.
  • Tom Hardy- Genuine lunatic.
  • Hollywood Studios- Do their best to fuck up EVERYTHING. They tried to rip the guts out of this movie and make it a run-of-the-mill super hero popcorn flick.
  • World Building- Didn't happen by accident. It was nearly 20 years of minutia and detail.
  • The War Boys- Created the culture that made the movie work and get them through a grueling production.
  • Story Boards- Scripts are over-rated.
51c4kgQJCJL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
I’m a fiend for audio books and long form podcasts when I’m on the road. The ear buds go in the moment I step foot in an airport terminal and don’t come out until I reach my destination/hotel.

With that said I’ll be picking this up.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I bought the 3D bluray a month or two ago, but still haven't gotten around to watching it. I just need to try.