Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I ain't seeing enough Aussie 70's Muscle-cars in those shots.

Of course their value has climbed, in a big way.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord

Fedor

<Banned>
TJoRaMZ.jpg

Fedor

<Banned>
Warner Bros. Shows the First BATMAN V SUPERMAN Footage and More Nerdist

Mad Max: Fury Road director George Miller came up for his first-ever Comic-Con appearance, telling fans that the fourth film featuring the Road Warrior would offer audiences a new look at stars Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult, and new Mad Max Tom Hardy.

Miller presented a sizzle reel and one action scene from the film and it was all big, weird, beautiful, and possibly perfect. Without story context, it's hard to tell what the hell was going on, but it looks like early on, Max is captured and imprisoned, his blood used as food (?) for dune buggy-driving mutant-types like Hoult (X-Men: Days of Future Past).

Theron looks fierce as desert leader Furiosa, wielding a sniper rifle and leading a deadly convoy through the wasteland; and Hardy doesn't have a line of dialog in the trailer (outside of VO setting up the footage), while Miller has created some odd spaces as he builds out his weird, apocalyptic world, with a powerful lightning-filled sandstorm, a gleaming vault carved into a rock wall, and so many bodies getting wrecked.

Also, offering a little look at the production process, Miller says that there was no script for the largely wordless Fury Road. Instead, the movie was shot off of over 35,000 storyboards, with the cast and crew working off of them as a kind of hyper-extended comic book. Word is, Fury Road will be a 2-hour chase movie, with Miller adding on-stage that the characters only speak when necessary.

Miller also explained how the production team arrived at the look of the film, choosing only vehicles which would survive an apocalypse - those which were rugged and lacked computers or the kinds of technology that wouldn't survive the end of the world.

He described Hardy as "lovable," sharing the kind of charisma that attracted the director to original series star Mel Gibson.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Miller says that there was no script for the largely wordless Fury Road. Instead, the movie was shot off of over 35,000 storyboards, with the cast and crew working off of them as a kind of hyper-extended comic book.
That sounds kinda weird.

But, you know, for an action movie perhaps that approach will work.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I knew they had brought on of these on set for the movie but I think that's the first time there's been any footage of the movie version made public. (not counting the early pic leaks from when vehicles were being transported around)

lrC88QJ.jpg

4119345151_422d968e52.jpg

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Whats up with Mad Max at the start of the trailer? Is he having trouble to take a piss?

Otherwise Im not sure, what to think of the trailer. I hope it has quieter parts and is rather slow moving. Everythings looks so way over the top.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It's obviously just based off the final 2 movies. And it looks like a great action movie. But it looks like all action, no pissy, funny Wanderer with neat little freaky characters with actual depth on the side.

I loved the originals, even the first one. But they were all telling a story about a specific PLACE in the Wastelands, and the chase action only came at the very end.

Column_sl

shitlord
I haven't seen Mad max in a very long time so I need to rewatch that again. The road warrior is by far my favorite. Thunderdome was good for the first half, but the last half with the kids was ewok terrible.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm not usually tricked by the sneaky fast paced editing of hollywood trailers, but this gave me a chub.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
road warrior has slow parts, but its mostly high octane testosterone/adrenaline.

-edit
saw the trailer, this looks really interesting, some parts seem to be recreations from Road Warrior, some look like parts from 300. both films are classics IMO so i dunno what to think. i will go with awesome until further notice.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
If there's any sort of plot in this movie I'm gonna be so pissed.
Bah! I know I'm the minority but all three had damn good plots about a guy witnessing the social transition into post-apocalyptic. He goes from a family man on the last of the front lines of order to being the only sane guy in an insane Wasteland. He's cursed to get involved in shit he wants nothing to do with anymore after the first film. Even the latter half of Thunderdome was pretty awesome. Watching the world break down into mythology after scarcely a generation had passed...

I was just a kid when I saw these so they had a good impact on me. It also made me watch those terrible older films like Damnation Alley. Time well spent.

World Gone Wild was good too. Gotta love Bruce Dern.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The original Mad Max was my favorite. As long as this isn't trying to remake that I am interested.

Column_sl

shitlord
Just watched the original tonight, and yeah I still like that movie. Not as good as the Road Warrior, but still good shit.