Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are there any feminist douchechill moments? Or is Charlize Theron just awesome in it?
basically the whole story is charlize is trying to help the concubines of immortus jones escape so if one really wants to look at it in that light I can sort of see what they are saying but really in practice it is just a really good film about a bunch of broken people trying to escape their demons both literal and figurative.

Bladefury

N00b
I loved this movie. Pure entertainment. I really don't understand what makes this a feminist movie though. Sure, it had girls that kick ass, but Max kicked more ass.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I loved this movie. Pure entertainment. I really don't understand what makes this a feminist movie though. Sure, it had girls that kick ass, but Max kicked more ass.
Femi-Nazis fabricate whatever they want to fit their agendas. This isn't anything different.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't remember the exact specifics of that test but it's at least close, now that you mention it

Edit: Dialog is pretty scarce anyway though

Siliconemelons

No. The only lines of dialogue between two women are about immortal Joe.
That's what I thought, I find it funny if it does not pass the test "they" made up... it something to the extent of- more than 1 female character that's not just "extra" or "background" I think with a speaking roll - they have to talk to each other, about something other than a man/men and something else... So yeah if all they talk about - female to female is immortan joe, then fail! lol, that's kinda funny.

stupid Wikipedia wasting my time!!

Mad Max: Fury Road - Bechdel Test Movie List

yeah lol... it fails the test to measure equality by! but is lauded as the best feminist movie! whhhaaa?

At least the man awesome movie test is universal 1: was it awesome? 2: explosions? not baysplosions and 3: man being awesome

spronk

FPS noob
it does pass the bechdel test I believe when grandma talks to charlize about stuff. Grandma by the way was the same actress who played grandma on Farscape, she even looked the same and its been 15 fucking years. damn!

loved the movie, i dunno if it was my theater but I had a really hard time understanding whenever the men spoke. Maybe it was the really thick aussie accents. Could understand the women just fine, just not most of the men.

I didn't really understand the ... society? in place though at the citadel. Since the movie never goes into it, I don't think I need to spoiler it? Basically Immortal Jones is the King, are all the bald motherfuckers painted white his sons or is it a mix of sons and random people who joined up as soldiers? The good looking bitches are his wives, and the fat chicks who make milk are basically... cows and nursemaids? I didn't get the blood thing either, the soldiers transfuse blood from randos they find because... uh... ?

Then all the gnarly looking poor people are just people who hang out getting water when its released? What the fuck is bullet town and gas town, it sounded like the rulers of those places are his sons too but I didn't really understand them for the few lines they spoke. It all reminded me a lot of Borderlands (yeah I know its inspired by Mad Max). I need to rewatch at home when its on bluray so I can turn on subtitles for all the bald men dialogue.

I really, really wonder whats across the salt flats too. And what the fuck were those people on stilts in the wastelands?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Fuck you guys for introducing me to the bechdal test. I suspect I'll never be able to watch another movie without seeing if it passes.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
it does pass the bechdel test I believe when grandma talks to charlize about stuff. Grandma by the way was the same actress who played grandma on Farscape, she even looked the same and its been 15 fucking years. damn!

loved the movie, i dunno if it was my theater but I had a really hard time understanding whenever the men spoke. Maybe it was the really thick aussie accents. Could understand the women just fine, just not most of the men.

I didn't really understand the ... society? in place though at the citadel. Since the movie never goes into it, I don't think I need to spoiler it? Basically Immortal Jones is the King, are all the bald motherfuckers painted white his sons or is it a mix of sons and random people who joined up as soldiers? The good looking bitches are his wives, and the fat chicks who make milk are basically... cows and nursemaids? I didn't get the blood thing either, the soldiers transfuse blood from randos they find because... uh... ?

Then all the gnarly looking poor people are just people who hang out getting water when its released? What the fuck is bullet town and gas town, it sounded like the rulers of those places are his sons too but I didn't really understand them for the few lines they spoke. It all reminded me a lot of Borderlands (yeah I know its inspired by Mad Max). I need to rewatch at home when its on bluray so I can turn on subtitles for all the bald men dialogue.

I really, really wonder whats across the salt flats too. And what the fuck were those people on stilts in the wastelands?
They are all basically dying of cancer and inbreeding. The blood transfusions I believe were to help boost their immune systems ton stave off the symptoms so they could go longer. It is one reason the warboys are so fatalistic they will die soon anyway so they just want to go in a blaze of glory.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
9.8/10. This movie had zero pretense and simply delivered everything it promised. Basically a 2 hour action sequence with a water break in the middle.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am totally up for a couple more mad maxes. I like cgi effects well enough but its nice to see an old master show how to do it by actually DOING it and it looks freaking amazing. If you watch the making of b rolls even their camera trucks look like something out of mad max.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I read an interview of the director from before the films were released and he said he's been conceiving of these mad max scripts for the 30 years since the originals. He's had them set up before this one even got picked up, so I have faith that they'll be pretty decent and not just a cash in or some studio committee travesty.