Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Did you see that part where the feminism was like KABOOOOOM! And then the feminism did that flip and they launched over the feminism?

EmiliaEQ_sl

shitlord
That would make sense. Most likely, if this is still in Australia, that that would be the Pacific. Also thought it was weird they had enough gas for 160 days ride on motorcycles. Figuring at best 100 mpg on a motorcycle, that's like 12hours x 60 miles per hour x 160 days = 115,000 miles. So they'd circumnavigate the world 4 times at those numbers.
9.8/10 with the .2 lost to : 160 Days, Milk Tanker, Home Made Transfusion...

I mean the movie is a 2 hour long action sequence, amazing.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That would make sense. Most likely, if this is still in Australia, that that would be the Pacific. Also thought it was weird they had enough gas for 160 days ride on motorcycles. Figuring at best 100 mpg on a motorcycle, that's like 12hours x 60 miles per hour x 160 days = 115,000 miles. So they'd circumnavigate the world 4 times at those numbers.
lol, thanks for doing the math on that. There's so many ways that '160' days is ridiculous whether it's amount of gas, amount of water, how much shit will break down in 160 days etc. It felt like they pulled a number out of their ass that made no sense.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol, thanks for doing the math on that. There's so many ways that '160' days is ridiculous whether it's amount of gas, amount of water, how much shit will break down in 160 days etc. It felt like they pulled a number out of their ass that made no sense.
It's not really THAT bad for them when stuff breaks down - put it back together just enough and throw it out there - still fits the motif.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So were the salt flats they had the remnants of a sea that was 'evaporated' in some way during the nuclear attack? Wouldn't they basically run into a massive ravine once they left the coast?
izf52uk.jpg

Would they eventually find water? Would it be salty or would a small salt-ocean create a local ecosystem with rain and freshwater?

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think that this was a feminist movie in terms of what feminism should be, in that actual thought went into giving men and women equal screentime. It wasn't ramming the message down anyone's throat, it was just how a movie should be. Almost all movies failing the Bechdel Test does annoy me. It isn't a "feminist movie" in terms of what bluehairs/SJWs want, it would TRIGGER THE FUCK out of them - rape is a plot after all.

Thinking back I like the idea of everything in the movie and even the implementation, but when actually watching it my suspension of disbelief was never activated which has never happened to me before. I just wasn't "in" the film so I couldn't enjoy any of it.

Can Tom Hardy even act any more? What the fuck is with the stupid voices.

Salt Flats being Australian Pacific makes more sense, I was thinking that it was the Atlantic. Would driving south to Antartica be viable I wonder?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think that this was a feminist movie in terms of what feminism should be, in that actual thought went into giving men and women equal screentime. It wasn't ramming the message down anyone's throat, it was just how a movie should be. Almost all movies failing the Bechdel Test does annoy me. It isn't a "feminist movie" in terms of what bluehairs/SJWs want, it would TRIGGER THE FUCK out of them - rape is a plot after all.

Thinking back I like the idea of everything in the movie and even the implementation, but when actually watching it my suspension of disbelief was never activated which has never happened to me before. I just wasn't "in" the film so I couldn't enjoy any of it.

Can Tom Hardy even act any more? What the fuck is with the stupid voices.

Salt Flats being Australian Pacific makes more sense, I was thinking that it was the Atlantic. Would driving south to Antartica be viable I wonder?
I was wondering the same thing.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I don't remember what Max said exactly, but I figured the salt flats were just big salt flats. They don't know what lies beyond, and the fact that it is an unknown with a poor chance for anything better is intimidating. You could ride and get murdered by another desert tribe, or turn around and go for what you know.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Well, those mountain passes they went through very well could've been the first set of trenches outside of the Australian shore line. The 'green place' with the crows is actually probably a mangrove area, or salt marsh, where freshwater traditionally meets saltwater. That's the reason that the plants would have survived for a while until the freshwater was completely used up. They were always headed east so I'd still assume they're going across the Pacific.

Caliane

Mad max is only 30 years in the "future".

The wasteland is just the bigass desertS in the middle of Australia.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
I just assumed the salt flats were Lake Gairdner and they were heading south.
I have a feeling it was more Lake Eyre just based on size

4. Lake Eyre, SA
Completely filled only three times in the past 150 years (See the gallery), Australia's 9500 sq. km salty "dead heart" - which comprises Lake Eyre North and Lake Eyre South - is devoid of vegetation. Before the advent of GPS, explorers of this expanse of white could only navigate by compass, as if they were at sea.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Think you guys have actually convinced me to go see this (and my brother also said it was awesome).

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I have a feeling it was more Lake Eyre just based on size
It could be, i just figured because they do a lot of speed records and racing on Lake Gairdner that is what he might have in mind. I really do hope they go into detail of the locations in the prequels.