Magic: Legends

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I am super pumped and I will level really hard so a wizard can summon me into a fight one day. Hopefully I don’t get countered and die or top deck discarded.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am super pumped and I will level really hard so a wizard can summon me into a fight one day. Hopefully I don’t get countered and die or top deck discarded.

..... or get exiled.

It's just you floating around in a black void until someone brings you back lol.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Already found a bug
bug.PNG

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
MMO Action RPG

Yuck. So it's guaranteed to be reduced to nothing but combat abilities. It'll be another console-friendly lobby game, with shallow campaigns that likely release along with M:TG expansions. Slap in a lot of grinding and a PTW cash shop, and there you have it.

This IP has so much potential, but I already feel like it's been wasted.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Yuck. So it's guaranteed to be reduced to nothing but combat abilities. It'll be another console-friendly lobby game, with shallow campaigns that likely release along with M:TG expansions. Slap in a lot of grinding and a PTW cash shop, and there you have it.

This IP has so much potential, but I already feel like it's been wasted.

Correct on all fronts but one.

this IP doesn't have potential, MTG lore has always been dogshit and every dollar they spend trying to be lesbian planeswalkers with shitty tie in books is a dollar not spent on making better designed formats like standard.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
0thf29nzqb441.png

It's not a MMO unless you count Games like Diablo to be MMOs

How meta, combat is Magic: The Gathering and you can collect (read: pay for) more cards in game. Multi-player will be Commander. El oh el.

Honestly, kinda sounds like they're just adding a controllable avatar and interactable environment to Magic: Arena.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Correct on all fronts but one.

this IP doesn't have potential, MTG lore has always been dogshit and every dollar they spend trying to be lesbian planeswalkers with shitty tie in books is a dollar not spent on making better designed formats like standard.
Good sir, do you know how MTG books Chris Chris has bought? No, seriously, do you know? He seems to be the only person that will defend MTG Lore but I doubt he'll respond to this post.

MTG lore is like 50 Shades of Grey: a whole bunch of people jerking themselves off to shitty writing.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
How Fucking hard is it to remake 1996 Shandalar.

Everything else is dogshit

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
How meta, combat is Magic: The Gathering and you can collect (read: pay for) more cards in game. Multi-player will be Commander. El oh el.

Honestly, kinda sounds like they're just adding a controllable avatar and interactable environment to Magic: Arena.

It's going to be nothing like that.

You will have a deck of cards that are about abilities but it won't be an actual game of magic.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Good sir, do you know how MTG books Chris Chris has bought? No, seriously, do you know? He seems to be the only person that will defend MTG Lore but I doubt he'll respond to this post.

MTG lore is like 50 Shades of Grey: a whole bunch of people jerking themselves off to shitty writing.
I've bought zero, you can follow the story on the cards. I think you misunderstand me, I agree with you.

MTG has a good magic system, and the best concept art and setting for a MMO possible. It'll never have the "add another random continent" syndrome most MMOs always have when they run out of lore since it's an infinite multiverse they add a new world to every year. Teleportation for gameplay reasons will never break immersion either.

The writing is absolutly terrible and has only been getting worse over time. From unreadble trash books, to weird first person narratives, to SJW diversity hires giving every character the same personality, back to unreadable trash books.

However for a MMO you don't want a detailed narrative. FF14 holds your hand through it's trash story and Retail WoW has jumped the shark at least three times in an effort to have a continuous storyline. Classic WoW did it right with all the lore characters parked in cities while you took centre stage and explored the world.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Oh and I said it in the other thread but the trailer is the worst I have ever seen.

There's none of the iconic MTG locations, races or monsters.

Where are the playable Merfolk and Leonin, the vistas of Ravnica or Mirrodin, the Phexians or Eldrazi?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've bought zero, you can follow the story on the cards. I think you misunderstand me, I agree with you.

MTG has a good magic system, and the best concept art and setting for a MMO possible. It'll never have the "add another random continent" syndrome most MMOs always have when they run out of lore since it's an infinite multiverse they add a new world to every year. Teleportation for gameplay reasons will never break immersion either.

The writing is absolutly terrible and has only been getting worse over time. From unreadble trash books, to weird first person narratives, to SJW diversity hires giving every character the same personality, back to unreadable trash books.

However for a MMO you don't want a detailed narrative. FF14 holds your hand through it's trash story and Retail WoW has jumped the shark at least three times in an effort to have a continuous storyline. Classic WoW did it right with all the lore characters parked in cities while you took centre stage and explored the world.
I guess I did, sorry. I swear I thought someone was defending MTG lore. Oh well, I'm too lazy to find who it is.

Shame MTG isn't managed by someone who gives a shit.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh and I said it in the other thread but the trailer is the worst I have ever seen.

There's none of the iconic MTG locations, races or monsters.

Where are the playable Merfolk and Leonin, the vistas of Ravnica or Mirrodin, the Phexians or Eldrazi?
I mean, have you seen the trailer for the new Forgotten Realms game?

• 1Worf

Sterling

El Presidente
Back in the 90s I bought a magic book, so I could send in the coupon for a Mana Crypt. I even started reading it but stopped because it was fucking awful.