MAKE WARCRAFT 4 YOU COCKLICKERS

Fadaar

That guy
Diablo 3, 12 years after Diablo 2. StarCraft 2, 12 years after StarCraft. WarCraft 3 came out in 2002... the fuck Blizzard?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Warcraft 4 could be more Supreme Commander-style than Starcraft, larger scale battles.

SC2 is kinda claustrophobic to me.

Though really I'd prefer they take the Heroes of the Storm approach and lump all their properties into versions of current games. Let me run a Zerg campaign and run rifts w/ friends in Diablo 3/4 as a Terran soldier, Orcs vs Protoss in a RTS, etc.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
4Craft?

The problem is that they are actual cocklickers now. Even if they did, it would be 4 "games", $60 a pop, stretched out over the course of 8-10 years. Then for an additional $50 a year season pass, you would get 3 additional bonus missions and some sweet cosmetics in WoW, Hero's of the Storm and maybe a card back in Hearthstone.

That fuckery aside, I actually don't even care about the money at this point in my life. The real problem is if you use SCII as a model, it never got close to the magic that was SC1. The game was uninspired, the characters cliche'd, and it was a big dump of shoulder-shrugging average.

Picking up a gaming addiction to something like Dota relieves a lot of the disappointment that this industry tends to bring. Sequels never come, sure-things get canceled, corners get cut and solid franchises go to shit. In Icefrog and The Gaben I trust.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Why? SC2 was a fine RTS, what would WC4 have to offer?
Its a completely different style of RTS. WC3 was far more micro based and dealt less with expansion across the map. I could see them iterating on that design again. There is a ton of space to improve upon WC3's formula which does not step on SC2.

Tenks

4Craft?

The problem is that they are actual cocklickers now. Even if they did, it would be 4 "games", $60 a pop, stretched out over the course of 8-10 years. Then for an additional $50 a year season pass, you would get 3 additional bonus missions and some sweet cosmetics in WoW, Hero's of the Storm and maybe a card back in Hearthstone.

That fuckery aside, I actually don't even care about the money at this point in my life. The real problem is if you use SCII as a model, it never got close to the magic that was SC1. The game was uninspired, the characters cliche'd, and it was a big dump of shoulder-shrugging average.

Picking up a gaming addiction to something like Dota relieves a lot of the disappointment that this industry tends to bring. Sequels never come, sure-things get canceled, corners get cut and solid franchises go to shit. In Icefrog and The Gaben I trust.
I don't have anything on-hand but I believe they said that they did not care for the nature of which SC2 was told going from Terran to Zerg to Protoss.

And Gaben is the biggest money-grabber in the industry so if you're going to complain about Blizzard trying to bleed dollars with franchise tie-ins you have to complain about Gaben trying to sell you mods and encouraging casters to shill cosmetics and signatures

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Its a completely different style of RTS. WC3 was far more micro based and dealt less with expansion across the map. I could see them iterating on that design again. There is a ton of space to improve upon WC3's formula which does not step on SC2.
I felt there was plenty of micro in SC2. But, this coming from a guy who likes to A-move across the map and doesn't play FPS(competitively) anymore because his reflexes suck. I played SC2 beta with Tarisk a few times he just had me rally my dudes to a certain point and gave him control my army because my micro was just so bad and I couldn't do my macro at the same time. I don't want something that's MORE micro focused.

Tenks

I felt there was plenty of micro in SC2. But, this coming from a guy who likes to A-move across the map and doesn't play FPS(competitively) anymore because his reflexes suck. I played SC2 beta with Tarisk a few times he just had me rally my dudes to a certain point and gave him control my army because my micro was just so bad and I couldn't do my macro at the same time. I don't want something that's MORE micro focused.
With WC3 the macro aspect is mostly removed, though. At least you don't need to worry about building up to 68 workers, balancing the correct number of unit producing structures based upon income, expansion timings and things of that nature. Even at the competitive level most of the time in WC3 your camera is centered around your army. With SC2 until you have your end-game economy and the infrastructure in place the best place to spend your time is making sure your base is operating properly with brief spurts of making sure your army isn't taking abysmal engagements.

Personally I find competitive WC3 pretty boring to watch. The fights take a really long time and the strategies are all fairly static mainly because there isn't really a concept of economic advantage the game is mostly about compositions. Sure you can quickly try to tech and hope you don't get rushed but there isn't really a concept of 3CC or anything. But obviously since WC3 is still played competitively to this day (mostly in China) there is a market that loves this style of game. First things first to make the game competitive is they need to remove random drops from creeps. It is pretty stupid a game can be decided (and this isn't hyperbole) based upon what RNG the turtles were giving you that match.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Starcraft 1/2 is closer to War2 than War3 is, basically. It's quite unique as far as RTS go.

And yeah the RNG with items can be wonky. I remember a particularly funny match where I got a bonanza of sentry wards right off the bat and had a guy going apeshit with hackusations.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
In Warcraft 4, the Alliance and Horde will finally bury the hatchet, and you will control an Orc or Human playing an in-game game of Stratego.

Sulrn

Deuces
After watching them push SC2 as the first specifically-designed, solid pillar of their esports ecosystem instead of simply as a passionately designed, quality game, I'm not sure I would even waste my time on any future Blizzard IPs. SC2 still had an amazing amount of polish (as one would expect), but it did nothing to advance the genre (or even the franchise itself mechanically/gameplay wise until HotS/LotV unit variants). As much as I love StarCraft lore (up until the LotV Epilogue), I don't think of blizzard RTS's when I think of the genre anymore. CoH2/MoW:AS2/GC3/HW2/etc have left Blizzard completely behind in terms of gameplay and engine complexity (polish/balance/support - not so much). After getting let down by HotS/Heartstone/Overwatch, I don't expect WC4 to be anything different. /BlizzardRant

Itzena_sl

shitlord
. After getting let down by HotS/Heartstone/Overwatch, I don't expect WC4 to be anything different.
cnSX0ZT.png