Making a Murderer (Netflix) - New info

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
For me, it was interesting watching the appeal battle because I simultaneously believe these two things:

1. I believe that Dassey was, at the very least, coerced into giving false or misleading testimony. I go back and forth about whether he was actually voluntarily involved, but I think that the fact that he was convicted of life in prison based solely on very dodgy testimony and exactly 0 physical evidence either tying him to the murder or verifying his version of events is a travesty of justice.

2. I firmly believe in Federalism as a concept and really dislike the federal government sticking its nose into state business.

Ultimately, I still believe that the Wisconsin courts got this unjustifiably wrong for Dassey, but it was still interesting to watch the battle.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
he was convicted b/c the story they coerced out of him was so egregious the jury decided to throw the book at this mentally handicapped boy.

you rapped her!

then you killed her!

then you chopped her up!

then you burned her!

that's why no matter the opportunity i'll never move to a super redneck, super dumb place, b/c if you get framed for murder, you're being looked at by a "jury of your peers", dumb peers

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
he was convicted b/c the story they coerced out of him was so egregious the jury decided to throw the book at this mentally handicapped boy.

you rapped her!

then you killed her!

then you chopped her up!

then you burned her!

that's why no matter the opportunity i'll never move to a super redneck, super dumb place, b/c if you get framed for murder, you're being looked at by a "jury of your peers", dumb peers

oberyn-elia.gif

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

you rapped her!

then you killed her!

then you chopped her up!

then you burned her!

Don't you live in Kansas?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
My children will be raised to never answer a police question without me present. They will be raised to respect law enforcement, to go to them for safety, but to never answer any questions after I saw this show.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My children will be raised to never answer a police question without me present. They will be raised to respect law enforcement, to go to them for safety, but to never answer any questions after I saw this show.
The kid is borderline mentally retarded. That shit is fucked up and should've never been admissable. That said, dude got his dick wet in that girl.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This season perfectly illustrated why this should've been a one season mini series

Shouldn't be over until Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey are out of jail, and everyone involved in putting them there in the first place needs their shit stomped in hard.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If I ever get put on trial I hope Noodle isn't on my jury. He doesn't believe in reasonable doubt at all!

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
OJ is guilty as fuck but it wasnt proven in court. We all know it. Doesnt mean he should be in Jail. These guys are the outliers. For Every Avery and OJ there are millions of others that the law should properly apply and people believe in the core tenants of the legal system, Innocent until proven guilty. Guilty or not, a whole case on what should be an inadmissible confession is a sham.

Noodle is sounding like the Pussy Hats that dont require a burden of proof on Prosecution. He will make for a great soy farmer at the faggot commune.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I still is crazy to me that it is possible to convict two different people for the same murder while arguing that the murder took place in contradictory manners for each man.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
And that the confession was so shaky as to be unusable in one of the trials but be the sole evidence used to convict in the other.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
And that the confession was so shaky as to be unusable in one of the trials but be the sole evidence used to convict in the other.
Brendan Dassey got dealt a shit hand in life

he has less chromosomes than his brothers
(so they can easily coerce him and feed him a story they fantasized about)

his mother seems barely functioning
(when she finally seems him after hours of alone time police interrogation, he says "they got in my head", and she thinks NOTHING of this, being the sister of a man framed for sexual assualt for 18 years)

and he's Steven Averys nephew
(he doesn't have public opinion behind him, hell, even his family is divided upon if he did it or not)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
OJ is guilty as fuck but it wasnt proven in court. We all know it. Doesnt mean he should be in Jail. These guys are the outliers. For Every Avery and OJ there are millions of others that the law should properly apply and people believe in the core tenants of the legal system, Innocent until proven guilty. Guilty or not, a whole case on what should be an inadmissible confession is a sham.

Noodle is sounding like the Pussy Hats that dont require a burden of proof on Prosecution. He will make for a great soy farmer at the faggot commune.
OJs trial was definitely a sham, prosecutor fucked up. Not even remotely the same thing as Avery's case. Martha was outclassed.

Either way they both belonged in jail. I take issue with dasseys confession of course.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
OJs trial was definitely a sham, prosecutor fucked up. Not even remotely the same thing as Avery's case. Martha was outclassed.

Either way they both belonged in jail. I take issue with dasseys confession of course.

Both belong in jail? These are the stone cold facts of the case: Avery was the last one to see her alive and her car ends up on their property. That is it. Everything else is magic fucking speculation or evidence with no clear chain of custody.

He is the most likely person to have done it simply because of where the car is but that doesn't mean he BELONGS in jail.

What was your opinion of the Michael Peterson verdict in the Staircase?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You already know what my opinion of him is. How could you look at that evidence and buy it and was an accident... Or... LMAO...an owl??